• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

'I mIsS pAtRiCe' (Patrice O'Neal hate thread)

CorradoSoprano4

Forum Clout
He'd probably say my stance represents "unreasonable White guy"...
I always laughed when he referenced Anthony as that.

1644753449602.png

G

To reduce him as just a nigger comedian complaining about hwhitepypo is retarded.

[MEDIA=youtube]kIvjBmKDl4c[/MEDIA]
But thats what he was.

Seriously though, when he stepped outside of the typical racial, political and romance "advice" bullshit, he was actually really entertaining and interesting. (that always made me laugh that fat backed New Yorkers would call up the show for his dating advice, they might as well have been calling for diabetes management tips)

G

His takes w women are retarded, but Having to do time at big boy prison at 17 for some bullshit had to have really fucked him up.

For me, was the funniest on the show. When he had his Black Phillip shit it bombed completely, but he was great with playing off everyone. Imagine that cellar table, better not wear a dumb shirt!

If he were alive today he'd probably have a couple movies with him and Kevin Hart that really blew him up and made him a Hollywood fag like Burr, or he'd turn out to be hatable like O and A.

I think he tapped out at the perfect time.

G

His takes w women are retarded, but Having to do time at big boy prison at 17 for some bullshit had to have really fucked him up.

For me, was the funniest on the show. When he had his Black Phillip shit it bombed completely, but he was great with playing off everyone. Imagine that cellar table, better not wear a dumb shirt!

If he were alive today he'd probably have a couple movies with him and Kevin Hart that really blew him up and made him a Hollywood fag like Burr, or he'd turn out to be hatable like O and A.

I think he tapped out at the perfect time.
He didn't do time in prison he did time in jail. He did 6 months, the qualifications for prison time are a sentence over a year and a day.

And that's if he actually got locked up and it wasn't just a radio story.

EDIT: I just went back and listened to it, he didn't even do 6 months he did 2. That does not meet the criteria for the bureau of prisons. He did 60 days in county with a bunch of people waiting to get sentenced to serving time for Mickey mouse stuff, not big boy prison.

Last edited by a moderator:

WhereWeAt

Forum Clout
Like @LingerLonger said, it was radio that was not intended to be recorded and archived. Opie encouraged Patrice to tell the same stories again because you don't have the same audience every say, and you want to maximize the frequency of bits that work. This sounds outdated now with podcasts, but it made sense at the time.

Remember when they got Chazz Palminteri to fuck with Vos? A Bronkish Tale? They played the fuck out of that for a week or so. Listening back to old episodes it becomes redundant, but there was no intention for us to go back.

The best way to listen back to how great Patrice was on O&A was the Tribute To Patrice (Erock said he put it together) because it was the best SIXTEEN HOURS that was whittled down from hundreds. Either that, or find clips where something noteworthy happened and Patrice was in at the time. The fact that everything is archived is great, but it doesn't make for a great experience when you're listening to every appearance from 2005 or so.
"Opie and Anthony is the greatest radio show ever" is the easy conclusion to draw when you just listen to curated youtube clips of their top shelf stuff.

You had to sit through a lot of filler to get to those. People who've come around to the show after its demise forget that Anthony, aside from his alcoholism and resentment eating away the show from the inside, also used to direct Master Po to get his car via the broadcast.

Not sure if this is the human condition or just these fags being lazy, but I think the dream for most of us would be to work in the field of our choosing and have financial security to take ourselves to the limits of that field of work. This explains Opie's daydreaming about being a model or a mathematician; he knew he had zero passion for radio moving forward and built up regret and unrealistic alternatives. Jim saw the show as a life raft from the stand up career that peaked 5 years or so before Anthony's tweets. And Anthony just mailed in the show to continue collecting a paycheck to support his indefensible lifestyle.

They had an easy job, a built in audience, and a big platform and they made every possible wrong move. They pushed out Ron and Fez from the channel, never hired any other weekday shows, never put out meaningful content in their social media accounts to leverage for more $ at Sirius, never leveraged their relationships with wealthy/powerful people to build an exit strategy outside of Sirius. Just a few basic ideas that you pay someone else to carry out would've saved their stupid asses over the years. Instead every one of these cunts are worse off than they were in 2014 and I, for one, couldn't be happier.

Last edited:
G

He didn't do time in prison he did time in jail. He did 6 months, the qualifications for prison time are a sentence over a year and a day.

And that's if he actually got locked up and it wasn't just a radio story.

EDIT: I just went back and listened to it, he didn't even do 6 months he did 2. That does not meet the criteria for the bureau of prisons. He did 60 days in county with a bunch of people waiting to get sentenced to serving time for Mickey mouse stuff, not big boy prison.
Yeah maybe, I'm no lockup expert but he said he was in Concord, which in MA is a real prison. He was also a nigger in 1970s/80s Boston, idk if all those rules applied at the time/place.

Either way jail probably isn't too fun when your 16 and really didn't do anything to deserve it.

G

Yeah maybe, I'm no lockup expert but he said he was in Concord, which in MA is a real prison. He was also a nigger in 1970s/80s Boston, idk if all those rules applied at the time/place.

Either way jail probably isn't too fun when your 16 and really didn't do anything to deserve it.
According to HIM he dindu nuffin.

d9d.jpg

But his story really is unbelievable. And by that I mean I don't believe it. There's no record that I can find with the bureau of prisons of a Patrice O'Neal, and a lot of people make the mistake that haven't done time of not being able to differentiate what constitutes a county jail and state/federal prison sentence. I don't doubt that the place he said he was at was a real prison, but just because I know the name of Alcatraz doesn't mean I did time there.

I don't care how black he was and I don't care how long ago it was, believe me when I tell you that no prison is going to accept an inmate that does less than a year. He only served 2 months and it takes 4 to 6 weeks to be classified into the prison you're staying at. When you get sentenced to prison you go to a temporary prison (here in Iowa it's called Oakdale) for 4-6 weeks while they figure out whether to send you to a minimum medium maximum security place, etc.

I think his story was definitely embellished for the radio, and may have been complete bullshit that he made up.

EDIT: you also have to take into account that they hold you at the county jail or the holding facility for up to 2 weeks before they take you to the classification prison at random so nobody can make an escape attempt. So you're telling me that he was in jail for 2 weeks, then he was classified for at least a month and a prison accepted him for a two-week stay? That dog don't hunt.

WhereWeAt

Forum Clout
According to HIM he dindu nuffin.

View attachment 24303

But his story really is unbelievable. And by that I mean I don't believe it. There's no record that I can find with the bureau of prisons of a Patrice O'Neal, and a lot of people make the mistake that haven't done time of not being able to differentiate what constitutes a county jail and state/federal prison sentence. I don't doubt that the place he said he was at was a real prison, but just because I know the name of Alcatraz doesn't mean I did time there.

I don't care how black he was and I don't care how long ago it was, believe me when I tell you that no prison is going to accept an inmate that does less than a year. He only served 2 months and it takes 4 to 6 weeks to be classified into the prison you're staying at. When you get sentenced to prison you go to a temporary prison (here in Iowa it's called Oakdale) for 4-6 weeks while they figure out whether to send you to a minimum medium maximum security place, etc.

I think his story was definitely embellished for the radio, and may have been complete bullshit that he made up.

EDIT: you also have to take into account that they hold you at the county jail or the holding facility for up to 2 weeks before they take you to the classification prison at random so nobody can make an escape attempt. So you're telling me that he was in jail for 2 weeks, then he was classified for at least a month and a prison accepted him for a two-week stay? That dog don't hunt.
I believe it because it was a very unpolished story and one of the only times Patrice kinda lost his bearings telling a story. If you listen, he was spitting a lot of details like someone who was piecing them back together in real time as opposed to having a harmonious, versed story prepared. They kinda squeezed it out of him.

Are we really gonna split hairs over what kind of facility it was?

G

I believe it because it was a very unpolished story and one of the only times Patrice kinda lost his bearings telling a story. If you listen, he was spitting a lot of details like someone who was piecing them back together in real time as opposed to having a harmonious, versed story prepared. They kinda squeezed it out of him.

Are we really gonna split hairs over what kind of facility it was?
Yes we're going to split hairs. There's a huge difference between being in prison and being in the county lockup with a bunch of drunks and wife beaters. And some people are just good liars dude. Because the stuff he was saying was the type of stuff that people who have never done time THINK prison is like. There is a huge difference between TV, movies, and the embellished bullshit you hear second hand from people who did time vs the actual penitentiary experience.

He didn't say the one thing that I expected him to say that everyone who's done time says: it wasn't anything like I thought it was going to be, and the worst thing was the boredom and the calm.

Don't you think even if they sealed his record because he was a juvenile, this would have been all over the papers? A black guy raping a sweet little innocent white girl? In the 70s/80s that would have been every headline for a week. Yet the only record we have that any of this went down is his story. And that's exactly what I think it is, just a story.

G

I'm at the end of listening to it again and it seems that he did 2 months at the classification prison. So that sounds a little more believable to me, but that also means his story about the guy who knocked people out and raped them is a complete fabrication probably for the radio. Nothing like that happens at classification. In a classification center you are monitored all the time, if anybody even tried to have consensual sex CERT would be all over it before it happened.
You barely leave the cell that you're in with 3 other people but for an hour of rec time and to eat. So maybe he did do a little time, but he's making up a lot of what happened.

Mc.Faggot

crumbum
Forum Clout
I'm at the end of listening to it again and it seems that he did 2 months at the classification prison. So that sounds a little more believable to me, but that also means his story about the guy who knocked people out and raped them is a complete fabrication probably for the radio. Nothing like that happens at classification. In a classification center you are monitored all the time, if anybody even tried to have consensual sex CERT would be all over it before it happened.
You barely leave the cell that you're in with 3 other people but for an hour of rec time and to eat. So maybe he did do a little time, but he's making up a lot of what happened.

Patrice’s story takes place in 1985

You are basing your opinion off of your experience in the 2010’s

WhereWeAt

Forum Clout
Reading stories about Rikers... jails are still the domain of powerful criminals and navigating that food chain at 16 had to be terrifying.

G

Patrice’s story takes place in 1985

You are basing your opinion off of your experience in the 2010’s
Nothing of major significance has changed in the prison system in the last 50 years. And prison was never some crazy rape factory that movies and TV always has it made out to be. People think you go into prison and they just strap a guy to your back like it's your first time skydiving. The day you get out he just pulls his dick out of your ass and it makes the pop sound like when you uncork a champagne bottle. That would never happen because whatever black gang held sway in the Massachusetts area wouldn't let that happen. Rape is pretty much used only as revenge for something fucked up (that's why rapist and child molesters are basically free game in there) but not paying someone back for a candy bar? The worst that would happen would be that you get taxed or the dude was allowed to smash you.

But he was in a classification prison. That has never changed. The point of a classification prison is limited contact with other inmates while you're being classified. Inmates don't have access to the yard in a classification prison. At best there would be a very small pod of people. Just because it was 1985 doesn't change anything. I did my time like 20 years later, you don't think I had enough time to sit around and listen to stories at the old timers told about how it used to be?

I mean sorry to ruin the illusion of super spade, but that whole I bent the lid of a soup can and I was going to stab him with it? You don't even get metal eating utensils.

WhereWeAt

Forum Clout
Don't you think even if they sealed his record because he was a juvenile, this would have been all over the papers? A black guy raping a sweet little innocent white girl? In the 70s/80s that would have been every headline for a week. Yet the only record we have that any of this went down is his story. And that's exactly what I think it is, just a story.
Portuguese girl. People on the bottom of the food chain were accused of raping someone on the lower end of the middle of the food chain.

G

Portuguese girl. People on the bottom of the food chain were accused of raping someone on the lower end of the middle of the food chain.
Portuguese are Mediterranean. They're on the bottom rung of white like us spics, the Italians, Greeks, etc.