• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

'I mIsS pAtRiCe' (Patrice O'Neal hate thread)

Calculating Bovinity

My name's Pat-reek, the Five-Ton Freak, child
Forum Clout
I totally understand the worship of him is annoying. But, aside from Norm, he was the best to ever do it.

I love Patrice, and I'm not going to bring myself to hate him like I have with others associated with the show, but his stand up was bland at best. Made it about ten minutes into Elephant in the Room before I tapped out.

O&AWOWSTICKERSTOP!

🌎=🏳️‍🌈
Forum Clout
I love Patrice, and I'm not going to bring myself to hate him like I have with others associated with the show, but his stand up was bland at best. Made it about ten minutes into Elephant in the Room before I tapped out.
Totally disagree. Curious to know what specials you do enjoy? Genuinely asking.

G

S
He would have bent the knee to BLM, lost all of his white fans respect over that, and realized too little too late that they were just race hustlers trying to make a buck.

I'm glad he died before all this happened.
So basically how his support for Obama went...

DieNortonDie

Forum Clout
Nobody in the comments of the Patrice O&A videos discusses anything funny he ever said. They just fawn over his relationship shit. The comments are full of black MGTOW dudes worshipping him. What stinks is how good he was at just talking and shooting the shit with Anthony and Jimmy, but that barely happens in any of his appearances. So much of that playlist is Opie getting him to reiterate something about women that he said a million times before, Anthony arguing with him about 9/11 (remember when Anthony was anti conspiracy?), and for a few appearances very annoying vegan talk. Opie literally had him reiterate his argument about Asians on five separate appearances.

Also, a lot of his appearances had other guests, usually annoying women, which meant a good 30-60 minutes would be taken up with some argument about pussy. Naturally his fawning cult loves those awful segments.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout
1644647808424.png

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
So much of that playlist is Opie getting him to reiterate something about women that he said a million times before, Anthony arguing with him about 9/11 (remember when Anthony was anti conspiracy?), and for a few appearances very annoying vegan talk. Opie literally had him reiterate his argument about Asians on five separate appearances.
Did you even listen to the show? Let me break the fourth wall for you. Opie had Patrice bring up the same bits because Patrice wanted him to. Comics and even Anthony or Norton would tell the same stories over and over. Anthony told his childhood stories and divorce stories at least a dozen times each throughout the show. The show constantly regurgitated stuff. You are just deluded in that you can marathon the show archives now on a loop. The O&A show was meant for live radio listeners not for people listening in their own archives like the fans do now.

The show could go years without comics bringing up the same story. You only think that them bringing up the same story is monotonous but when you spread it out over their entire XM career it really was fine. If you binge the same O&A comics or guests then things will sound the same. But if you took months of years of between appearances then you would not notice them using the same stories or jokes.

Mr. Faggotry

The world’s expert on faggotry
Forum Clout
Anthony, Joe Derosa and Patrice was the best possible combination of a show going forward after the hypothetical Opie and Anthony split. The perfect combination of being able to bust each others balls and bullshit together. No Greggshells, no pontificating Norton, just three guys that liked fucking with each other.

DieNortonDie

Forum Clout
Did you even listen to the show? Let me break the fourth wall for you. Opie had Patrice bring up the same bits because Patrice wanted him to. Comics and even Anthony or Norton would tell the same stories over and over. Anthony told his childhood stories and divorce stories at least a dozen times each throughout the show. The show constantly regurgitated stuff. You are just deluded in that you can marathon the show archives now on a loop. The O&A show was meant for live radio listeners not for people listening in their own archives like the fans do now.

The show could go years without comics bringing up the same story. You only think that them bringing up the same story is monotonous but when you spread it out over their entire XM career it really was fine. If you binge the same O&A comics or guests then things will sound the same. But if you took months of years of between appearances then you would not notice them using the same stories or jokes.
Nigga it was in the same week. Patrice repeated himself a lot, not an issue, but some things were repeated in the same week or month. Some of his appearances would be two or three days in a row to plug a big show, and the ship steerer would introduce the bit the same way each time.

DieNortonDie

Forum Clout
Anthony, Joe Derosa and Patrice was the best possible combination of a show going forward after the hypothetical Opie and Anthony split. The perfect combination of being able to bust each others balls and bullshit together. No Greggshells, no pontificating Norton, just three guys that liked fucking with each other.

you don’t like serious Jim talking about diets or congress? SccccccuuuuumBAG

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
Of course it was great, the first time. And the next time he does the rant shouldn’t be on his next appearance in the same week
Like @LingerLonger said, it was radio that was not intended to be recorded and archived. Opie encouraged Patrice to tell the same stories again because you don't have the same audience every say, and you want to maximize the frequency of bits that work. This sounds outdated now with podcasts, but it made sense at the time.

Remember when they got Chazz Palminteri to fuck with Vos? A Bronkish Tale? They played the fuck out of that for a week or so. Listening back to old episodes it becomes redundant, but there was no intention for us to go back.

The best way to listen back to how great Patrice was on O&A was the Tribute To Patrice (Erock said he put it together) because it was the best SIXTEEN HOURS that was whittled down from hundreds. Either that, or find clips where something noteworthy happened and Patrice was in at the time. The fact that everything is archived is great, but it doesn't make for a great experience when you're listening to every appearance from 2005 or so.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
There’s a cycle you go through if you’re like me and found ONA Patrice on YouTube years after he died.

First you think he’s just funny, then you think he’s a relationship expert, eventually you go deep with the conspiracy theories. You begin referring to him as a Philosopher and a visionary just like all of the YouTube comments.

Eventually, you get bored with all that stuff and only listen to the Patrice Movies compilation and any episode he’s on with Bobo.

G

There’s a cycle you go through if you’re like me and found ONA Patrice on YouTube years after he died.

First you think he’s just funny, then you think he’s a relationship expert, eventually you go deep with the conspiracy theories. You begin referring to him as a Philosopher and a visionary just like all of the YouTube comments.

Eventually, you get bored with all that stuff and only listen to the Patrice Movies compilation and any episode he’s on with Bobo.
I completely forgot about him talking about movies.

That was the gold of Patrice appearances.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
Like @LingerLonger said, it was radio that was not intended to be recorded and archived. Opie encouraged Patrice to tell the same stories again because you don't have the same audience every say, and you want to maximize the frequency of bits that work. This sounds outdated now with podcasts, but it made sense at the time.

Remember when they got Chazz Palminteri to fuck with Vos? A Bronkish Tale? They played the fuck out of that for a week or so. Listening back to old episodes it becomes redundant, but there was no intention for us to go back.

The best way to listen back to how great Patrice was on O&A was the Tribute To Patrice (Erock said he put it together) because it was the best SIXTEEN HOURS that was whittled down from hundreds. Either that, or find clips where something noteworthy happened and Patrice was in at the time. The fact that everything is archived is great, but it doesn't make for a great experience when you're listening to every appearance from 2005 or so.
This! So much this!