• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW better call Saul season 6 predictions?

Udders

Great food
Forum Clout
I was watching The Sopranos each week when it was on the air. So I watched the last season "live" and not through DVD boxed sets.

I was a young man not from a coastal city and hadn't been exposed as much to pretentiousness. I would find these reviews online of people praising each episode and I was thinking, "We're not watching the same show."

One thing I noticed -- every episode of the last season of The Sopranos has a bodily fluid type of scene. The worst being when that guy's son shits in the shower in high school and they show the shit. They could have done the scene without showing that.

I believe what happened is David Chase hated his life. He had apparently only wanted to do two seasons of The Sopranos but they made him an offer he couldn't refuse. And then he'd have to talk to morons that didn't understand the show.

He made it crystal clear that Tony died, while doing the ending that he did just in case he could profit off it later. But yeah Tony definitely died. It all goes black.

Pretentious idiots just couldn't see that, and they still don't.
They were going for 3 originally I think, but Nancy Marchands death and the shows wild popularity obviously changed things.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
They were going for 3 originally I think, but Nancy Marchands death and the shows wild popularity obviously changed things.
It was actually 9/11 that really changed The Sopranos. After season three they had either ignore 9/11 like it didn't happen in the show's universe or go all in. David Chase decided to make terrorism a huge focus of the show because he knew it would be far more realistic.

Last few seasons have the arabs at the Bing. Have the FBI working Tony to track down terrorists. And even have Tony using the FBI to give him information on where Phil is. And it is heavily implied that Tony's information leads to enough major terror arrests that they literally allow him to whack a rival boss with no consequence. "We're gonna win this thing!" which was a quote from a real FBI agent in the same circumstance once.

The show was going to air for five or six seasons always. The focus was going to be on Livia and then people like Feech, Phil, Tony B, and so on. But with Nancy Marchand dying and then 9/11 they basically had to drop one storyline and pick another up. Nostradamus predicted all of this.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Sounds a little boring compared to what we got.

The only things that I would have changed with The Sopranos is I wish we would have got more of that fuckin animal Blundetto and I wish Richie Aprile had stayed for a little while longer.
The original Blundetto ending was him running off to Italy and living as a fugitive. This would send Phil over the edge and give a preview of the war between NY and NJ in season six. Instead they decided to kill him off because it would show that Tony had fully embraced being the boss and would no longer hesitate to kill his own family members. That Tony basically did not even care anymore about anyone but himself. They also did the "run away to Italy" story with Furio already as well.

Richie's death is why Sopranos is so great. Instead of milking the character or having him die in some huge war with Tony, he dies in the most pathetic way ever. "You want to lay hands on a woman.....you give her your name". Richie should have taken his own advice. The death was not only shocking the first time but is hilarious on all repeats. If you watch his death scene carefully, when he falls over in the chair, you can see a producer hiding under the table tipping the chair over with his hand.

G

The original Blundetto ending was him running off to Italy and living as a fugitive. This would send Phil over the edge and give a preview of the war between NY and NJ in season six. Instead they decided to kill him off because it would show that Tony had fully embraced being the boss and would no longer hesitate to kill his own family members. That Tony basically did not even care anymore about anyone but himself. They also did the "run away to Italy" story with Furio already as well.

Richie's death is why Sopranos is so great. Instead of milking the character or having him die in some huge war with Tony, he dies in the most pathetic way ever. "You want to lay hands on a woman.....you give her your name". Richie should have taken his own advice. The death was not only shocking the first time but is hilarious on all repeats. If you watch his death scene carefully, when he falls over in the chair, you can see a producer hiding under the table tipping the chair over with his hand.
The two funniest memes that I've seen on Sopranos videos are the Phil turns into a house and Janice shot Richie so hard he grew a third arm.

You're right though I'm glad they didn't milk him until the point where the character became a parody of itself.

Forum Clout
I predict a horribly faggy ending. One thing about Sopranos or Shield is that the endings were pretty dark.

In Sopranos, Tony has his entire mafia family basically dead. He is surrounded by traitors and people barely loyal to him. Half of his best friends ended up betraying him like Pussy, Ralph, Christopher. Hesh hates him. Silvio and Bobby are dead. Paulie cannot be trusted. And the only thing he has left are his kids and Carmela. And the show heavily implies with the birth control comments that Meadow is pregnant. So the whole Holsten's Diner evening is meant for Meadow to tell her parents they will be grandparents. Instead of Tony enjoying the evening though....he spends every minute nervously looking at the door when the bell rings thinking someone will murder him. Even a random guy going to the bathroom is ominous. Does Tony die? Who knows. The point is that Tony no longer enjoys life and will never have a moment of peace.

Shield is the same. Vic ends up losing his entire family. His children will forever hate him. All of his friends are either dead including Shane's entire family. And Ronnie he has to betray and he becomes a rat. At the end of the show he is a desk worker and miserable in life with no friends or family and his every day filled with people looking at him like he is a cop killing piece of shit and he knows it. How long does Vic last at a desk job before going postal? Week? Year? Point is that he personally gets away with his life of crime but destroys everything around him and now has no life anymore.

OZ, The Wire, Boardwalk Empire, and a bunch of other shows have similar endings. In that the main characters do not really 'win'.

Breaking Bad did the exact opposite. Walter White gets the fame he always wanted as Heisenberg. The entire world knows his story and they think he is like Scarface but even cooler. People visit his house in real life just like fag Breaking Bad fans visit the house to throw pizza on it (a Sopranos ripoff by the way). And Walter White gets to provide money for his family that is drug money but the show waves that away by making it Grey Matter money instead. So Walter gets clean millions to his family. No punishment. And Walter gets to come clean to his family about Hank and how sorry he is. AND he gets to free Jesse. Whereas in Sopranos, Tony kills Christopher, and in Shield, Vic drives Shane to suicide his entire family. Breaking Bad copped out with everything. And then did an awful movie El Camino (not as bad as Many Shines of Newark).

Better Call Saul will go with a cop out ending. Kim and Saul will survive. Likely the last scene will be Saul reuniting with Kim as Gene and the screen will go from gray to colored again. Nacho and his father will disappear under new names which has been hinted at with the fake IDs in the safe. Jesse and Walt will likely make some cameo appearance in this season that will get leaked the day it is filmed. But no way do they kill Kim or have her disappear. No way that Saul faces any real consequences for his actions. Maybe they will have Howard die or some other secondary character like Chuck did. But the main characters in the Breaking Bad universe basically are invincible.
Couldn't agree more re: BB. Giving Walt a team of depraved Nazis to do battle with was a huge cop-out, not to mention totally unrealistic and ham-fisted too. Walt's destiny was to die broken and alone, with his family destroyed and his reputation in ruins. He didn't merit a moral triumph, but by adding some sick Nazis to the mix they gave him one. The scene where Todd murdered Jesse's girlfriend for no other reason than to keep him imprisoned in his meth camp was just so unnecessary and manipulative, then you had Walt triumphing over Gretchen and Elliot AND heroically saving Jesse from the Nazis. There was really no reason to give Walt those triumphs, they weren't earned and it all felt really forced.

It needed a darker ending. I would have had Jesse turn himself in as "Heisenberg" AND telling the cops where the money was, as a final "fuck you" to an enraged Walt, who would then commit suicide by ingesting an enormous amount of meth.

Snake

Forum Clout
What a blubbering faggot.

unnamed.png

Stent

jewery duty
Forum Clout
I hope Cranston apologizes for Malcolm In The Middle. His character had four sons. None of them transgender. Never asked their pronouns. Assumed they would all identify as male. Didn't even raise the possibility of allowing his character's wife to have extra-marital sexual inclusiveness. Gross, Bryan. Do better.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
I predict a horribly faggy ending. One thing about Sopranos or Shield is that the endings were pretty dark.

In Sopranos, Tony has his entire mafia family basically dead. He is surrounded by traitors and people barely loyal to him. Half of his best friends ended up betraying him like Pussy, Ralph, Christopher. Hesh hates him. Silvio and Bobby are dead. Paulie cannot be trusted. And the only thing he has left are his kids and Carmela. And the show heavily implies with the birth control comments that Meadow is pregnant. So the whole Holsten's Diner evening is meant for Meadow to tell her parents they will be grandparents. Instead of Tony enjoying the evening though....he spends every minute nervously looking at the door when the bell rings thinking someone will murder him. Even a random guy going to the bathroom is ominous. Does Tony die? Who knows. The point is that Tony no longer enjoys life and will never have a moment of peace.
Yeah I saw it the same. I think Tony died for those same reasons. Bobby is dead, Sil is in the hospital, status unknown, Carlo flipped, patsy is the most senior captain left and has resentment against Tony, Paulie will do whatever it takes to live. So it makes sense that Butch, after letting jersey get Phil (though not helping) he'd carry out Phil's plan to decapitate and do business with what's left. Patsy would go along, probably getting promoted in the orocess, Paulie would read the writing on the wall and join him. Tony being there only complicates things because if his bull in a china shop approach and Patsy would likely accept being underboss if jersey and being under new York

Last edited:

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
Can we have one TV series that doesn't completely trip over the last season?

I haven't seen it in a while either but I remember the series finale of six feet under being pretty good
Boardwalk empire too. Loved it but nucky falling for that hatchet faced bitch Sally. The whole season is just a slog. Nucky just becomes a total dick (though that Started earlier) and all the interesting side characters are gone

Stent

jewery duty
Forum Clout
So get off my thread. If I had a nickel for every faggot who didn't care about something I was talking about, I'd have more money than Joe Rogan.
Whoa! Sorry about that. Didn't realize this was your thread.

G

Whoa! Sorry about that. Didn't realize this was your thread.
The alcohol has taken over and it said that yes this is my thread specifically. I own the deed to it stlaker. And I don't owe Quasi a DIME. That was just an oversight by the judge.