• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Twin Peaks appreciation thread AKA David Lynch's impeccable taste for women thread

G

I walked into the kitchen last time I wore it and held a butter knife. That's when I knew I had a fawkin problem.
Wow, that's a tough one man. You should go to a meeting.

3658da523089d6973a44e9780e1baf06.jpg

Forum Clout
My old GF was/is a big Lynch fan, so I've seen all his stuff, especially TP, multiple times. The first 17 episodes are great, then the series abruptly becomes kind of really stupid and shitty until the last episode (30). Those shitty episodes are not without their charms, but there's no denying that it got really dumb really fast. That last episode (Lynch directed), though, is really fucked up though. It's kind of hard to believe that it aired on network TV.

Then there's "Fire Walk With Me", which is a prequel to the series, although it makes more sense if you watch it after the series. The version with the deleted scenes is way better than the original cut IMO. "The Return" makes more sense if you've seen FWWM, although that's relative. "The Return" was totally subversive and warped and pretty much the opposite of "fan service", and it has some of the coolest scenes Lynch has ever done. But don't go into it expecting a linear story with clear resolutions, because Lynch rarely does that.