• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Nana's Pottstown, PA gig last night turned out to be a total shit show!

Forum Clout
A massive name standup like Chris Rock or Anthony Jeselnik or whatever might book themselves into a small club to rehearse new material or practice their routines. The Cellar comedians would literally do their sets for free on random nights to practice for a roast or some huge special. Because the payoff in the long run was doing a Comedy Central Roast or an HBO Comedy Special that would be seen by millions.

What exactly is the payoff for Anthony here? Other than him being strapped for cash and getting a short term boost of a few hundred bucks? How has he mismanaged his finances that badly? Gambling? Keith squandering money? Compound Media? Joe? Anthony should have over $20million in cash easily. A near three decades of being in NYC and Boston radio at the top of the pack and a giant deal at XM that had national FM simulcasts at one point. Plus the XFL gigs and other side ventures.

And $500 for one day is not a good deal when you don't work the other six days that week. If you made $500 a day working 5-6 days a week that is good money. But Anthony is only working these gigs at most 1-2 a days a week for extra cash. If he is broke it would be more pathetic and embarrassing than him getting caught with Sue Lightning or Self Cutting Girl.

Nana may like the social aspect of it, he seems like the type that would enjoy ballwashers telling him he's amazing and meeting his limited fan base to feed his own ego but most people wouldn't do a 4 hour round trip to do that. I at first though this might be a NY event which would make sense but when I saw PA I figured Nana must need the cash boost which is absolutely wild given everything you mentioned above.

You would assume 20+ million alone in just radio contracts and then surely at least a few million more for the XFL, appearances, merchandising, events etc.

That's what I'm most interested in, where has Nana's money gone? Opie has a huge apartment overlooking NYC and a house on the beach in the Hamptons PLUS hasn't had to work a real job for almost a decade, where has Nana's share gone?

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Opie has a huge apartment overlooking NYC and a house on the beach in the Hamptons PLUS hasn't had to work a real job for almost a decade, where has Nana's share gone?
Opie also had a restaurant (with his brother and sister) that made its money back in its first year. Opie basically gave his siblings a successful business that probably gave them a million in cash once everything was over done with. Anthony has been paying Joe and Dawn out of his own pocket without it generating any money. Basically financing Joe's cover band for decades. They managed their money in the exact opposite ways.

LAZERBEAMZ

Forum Clout
Opie & Anthony Comedy Tour A Hit August 14, 2006
Opie & Anthony's Traveling Virus comedy tour is off and running and has recently broken the record for Holmdel, NJ's PNC Bank Arts Center as the best-selling comedy show in the venue's history. O&A;'s Traveling Virus show broke Jay Leno's record for most tickets sold for a comedy show in the Center's 39-year history. On the bill for the August 26 show are Carlos Mencia, Bob Saget, Jim Norton, Bob Kelly, Bill Burr, Patrice O'Neal, Rich Vos and Tracy Morgan.
The Traveling Virus show will also include a sideshow-style area dubbed the "O&A; Village" which promises a "human petting zoo" featuring show regulars, the "pest zone" section for fans and more. O&A;'s Traveling Virus will come to Philadelphia and Cleveland later this year as well.​

But hey, at least he can say nigger freely.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout
Remember when they used to goof on Yakov Smirnoff in Branson at least he has his own theater !
1684133703607.png

cliveowen

stlaker
Forum Clout
Howard almost NEVER did any public speaking engagements or standup. He might do a live show or broadcast but never standup comedy. He knew his limits. Same with Opie and nearly every other radio show host. Anthony tried standup during the Pig Gay Oinkerson Roast and failed miserably and is now out to prove the haters wrong by being a successful stage act. It will never happen. No one on radio ever puts themselves on stage like Anthony did because they are not delusional idiots. When O&A used to do remote shows and live appearances earlier in their careers it was just an extension of their radio show.
Early in his career Howard was doing a live act every weekend in Long Island. That was how he first met Ralph.

But the key words are "early in his career". For Anthony's sake, I hope he doesn't need the money but does these shows to just have fun and meet fans (which is still sad).

Forum Clout
Look at his old, tattered clothes. His jeans have those creases jeans get when you've been wearing them for days on end. I have no doubt that he's been sleeping in those same clothes.
He doesn’t have Missy to send his clothes out to the dry cleaners. He just tosses them on the floor next to where he sleeps and picks through the pile for his shirts of the day. He doesn’t even bother to rotate them anymore, he’ll wear the same combo day after day.

Salted Earth Truffle

Eric Hildeman poked my no-no hole when I was 5
Forum Clout
Howard almost NEVER did any public speaking engagements or standup. He might do a live show or broadcast but never standup comedy. He knew his limits. Same with Opie and nearly every other radio show host. Anthony tried standup during the Pig Gay Oinkerson Roast and failed miserably and is now out to prove the haters wrong by being a successful stage act. It will never happen. No one on radio ever puts themselves on stage like Anthony did because they are not delusional idiots. When O&A used to do remote shows and live appearances earlier in their careers it was just an extension of their radio show.

They Jocktobered Scott and Todd doing the WWE Slammy Awards. But Scott and Todd actually were capable as masters of ceremonies and could hold a live crowd's attention. Anthony cannot host a show to save his life. The XFL disaster and now his standup 'career' are failures. He needs a straight man like Opie or Sam to feed him topics and bits to riff on that he is familiar with like old movies or news events. Stuff like sports or politics he just loses his mind. And doing comedy on his own is not something he was ever good at.

Tons of entertainers try to do standup and fail because they think that it will be easy. See Brendan Schaub's current life. But most give it up. Rush Limbaugh quit ESPN after one attempt at being a sportscaster because it was not a good fit and his lack of knowledge about football and sports caused him to rant about race at Colin Flaherty levels like a weirdo. Antony will not stop until every single O&A fan has turned against him it seems.

Joe is a million times more delusional. Joe lies about his military service and said he was a Ranger for four years in the US Army yet his DD-214 says he didn't last a year before washing out and that includes the delayed entry program.
That’s not delusion: Joe straight up fucking lies about his military service.
Anthony was on the largest radio show in history and influenced every single standup comedy podcast including Rogan, Burr, and so on. Anthony was the biggest broadcaster in the US at one point so him thinking he can be funny in standup is not a huge stretch. The shock is when he ends up not being funny at all and failing at standup.
He should definitely keep drinking. Being a barely functional alcoholic has done wonders for his career and relationships.

Salted Earth Truffle

Eric Hildeman poked my no-no hole when I was 5
Forum Clout
That's what I'm most interested in, where has Nana's money gone? Opie has a huge apartment overlooking NYC and a house on the beach in the Hamptons PLUS hasn't had to work a real job for almost a decade, where has Nana's share gone?
Ever see Joe’s wall of Chinese guitars and the nightly sushi he eats out?

WhereWeAt

Forum Clout
I own an events management company although it isn't comedy so the numbers might be off here but I've come to the conclusion that Nana must be in some major financial trouble to even have to appear here. The venue on a sell out would be like $15,000 so they (The venue) probably purchased the event for 6-7 thousand dollars.

This is where my estimates become a little off here but you would assume the "headline" acts are getting at least a thousand bucks since they're doing a majority of the work and that they are the "names" selling this thing, the only one I'm not so sure on is Mike Morse as I've never heard of him. Hypothetically lets say Shuli and Levy take a grand each and Morse gets 500 as the lesser name.

The 7 thousand is now $4500.00, lets say whoever made the deal takes 2k off the top to cover costs and take a little profit (Insurances, taxes, accommodation, travel) that leaves $2500.00 to be split between 7 guys which is approximately 350 dollars each.

Anthony as the bigger "name" might get a little more than the others but at best Anthony isn't making over 500-600 bucks to be here and he's doing a 4 hour round trip to make said money. For average joes like us that's a good amount of bread but this is a guy that used to make just under 100,000 a week to do radio...surely he doesn't need a few hundred dollars so badly

But to play devil's advoocate, wouldn't Anthony be doing this to cross-promote CP Media to different silos of shows like the potato guy's audience or the Perry Karamelli fanbase? I love seeing Cumia fall on his face, but I don't think he was going for a payoff he would see that night.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
But to play devil's advoocate, wouldn't Anthony be doing this to cross-promote CP Media to different silos of shows like the potato guy's audience or the Perry Karamelli fanbase? I love seeing Cumia fall on his face, but I don't think he was going for a payoff he would see that night.
It's the opposite. He's using Compound Media to promote his standup appearances so that people will attend. If you want to promote your own network you go on Rogan, Burr, Bobby, Vos, and other comedy podcasts and plug your shows. Then do the faggy political stuff like Cucker Carlson or Fox News or Alex Jones or whatever and try to win those audiences over.

The only people who show up to Anthony's live gigs are already Compound Media subscribers or desperate O&A fans. Not a single person saw Anthony perform that night or any night on stage and say "I gotta become a Compound subscriber".