• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Lucy Lawless Appreciation Thread

ChildSpitTake

"He's ducking through the alleys!"
Forum Clout
I know no one cares, but life is really rough right now, my depression is really killing me, i also have some chronic pain issues that dominate my life, i won't bore you guys with the details, but it's tough.

Lucyposting with you guys truly is one of the few bright spots in my day, i'm truly thankful for that, i said i will take a break, but perhaps i will stay, just post a little less i guess.

I know i will probably get a beating for this post, knowing this place, you cannot show any weakness around here, but i don't care.

Sorry for this diatribe, i know we come here for the laughs, Lucy bless you guys.

You're one of my favorites around here. Stay strong, brotherman,

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
I know no one cares, but life is really rough right now, my depression is really killing me, i also have some chronic pain issues that dominate my life, i won't bore you guys with the details, but it's tough.

Lucyposting with you guys truly is one of the few bright spots in my day, i'm truly thankful for that, i said i will take a break, but perhaps i will stay, just post a little less i guess.

I know i will probably get a beating for this post, knowing this place, you cannot show any weakness around here, but i don't care.

Sorry for this diatribe, i know we come here for the laughs, Lucy bless you guys.

Hope you get well.

I understand for some the negativity here gets to them, but for me, I embrace the hate. I love the controversy. The Alliance is an organisation that revolutionised shitposting, and it makes the bad times good. Without us, Dan would not have been exposed as an Irish midget. For that, I'm thankful.

I'll be drinking two bottles of shiraz tonight in your honour.

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
Forum Clout
Thank you guys for the kind words, it means a lot, i will get through this, the sun will shine even brighter after this storm, even though right now it feels those rays of sunshine will never return, i have to believe they will.

Bad times don't last, but The Alliance does.

Bless you guys.

Last edited:

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
Forum Clout
Damn, this one really speaks to me.

I have been to so many doctors, medical professionals, psychologists for my chronic pain and depression problems.

Peter just described the torture of it all perfectly, i can allready tell i will really like this band.

Doctors and thieves, they both wear masks
Overpaid meat magicians

Appointment made, waited three hours
Did not realize you had such power
I'd rather see a mortician
Your parents saved or had the bucks
Your education stems from luck
Future corpse: death by physician

Your doctorate and Ph.D.
Would wipe my ass etched in feces
Will not cure your affliction
Doctors Jeckyll or Mengele
And your face too, they're just a blur
Can't improve my condition

Last edited:

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
Damn, this one really speaks to me.

I have been to so many doctors, medical professionals, psychologists for my chronic pain and depression problems.

Peter just described the torture of it all perfectly, i can allready tell i will really like this band.

Doctors and thieves, they both wear masks
Overpaid meat magicians

Appointment made, waited three hours
Did not realize you had such power
I'd rather see a mortician
Your parents saved or had the bucks
Your education stems from luck
Future corpse: death by physician

Your doctorate and Ph.D.
Would wipe my ass etched in feces
Will not cure your affliction
Doctors Jeckyll or Mengele
And your face too, they're just a blur
Can't improve my condition

When I first got into them, they were 95% of what I listened to for a few years. They're THE "where have these guys been all my life?" band imo.

I consider them my legit favourite band, they're so different and weren't afraid of being really dark but being tongue-in-cheek or sarcastic about things. They changed things up so often, too; Slow, Deep & Hard is an album about Peter killing his ex-girlfriend, her boyfriend, himself, and also hating niggers. Then two years later the material's completely different.

Not many are like that. Whatever your opinion of Metallica is, let's say, they kinda just did the same shit over and over in the 80s, and then tried to do it again in the late 2000s. It's boring.

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
Forum Clout
When I first got into them, they were 95% of what I listened to for a few years. They're THE "where have these guys been all my life?" band imo.

I consider them my legit favourite band, they're so different and weren't afraid of being really dark but being tongue-in-cheek or sarcastic about things. They changed things up so often, too; Slow, Deep & Hard is an album about Peter killing his ex-girlfriend, her boyfriend, himself, and also hating niggers. Then two years later the material's completely different.

Not many are like that. Whatever your opinion of Metallica is, let's say, they kinda just did the same shit over and over in the 80s, and then tried to do it again in the late 2000s. It's boring.
So many bands just keep the same sound that made them successful in the first place, they think that when they change things up people won't listen to them anymore, but that mindset seems more concerned with commercial success instead of creative expression to me.

I'm really intrigued, i listened to a few songs of Type O, but i want to start with Carnivore first.

Depressing music makes me feel better about myself, it's very strange, happy music often does absolutely nothing to me, not that depressing music is only that of course, i'ts often also filled with hope for better things.

That's why i like the music of Eels a lot, it's a way different sound than Type-O Negative though, their album Electro-Shock Blues is about the singer's sister who committed suicide, their music really has helped me through some dark times.

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
I'm really intrigued, i listened to a few songs of Type O, but i want to start with Carnivore first.
Carnivore's interesting because they start off with muh traditional thrash (with doom elements), but even then they had interesting concepts; God Is Dead has hard riffing, but the chorus is a very light, almost calypso strumming of the bass a la Supernaut by Sabbath, and Male Supremacy has the soft middle part like Master of Puppets has, but it was done a year prior.

Then their next album is way more explosive and the lyrics get more deranged and brilliant.

You're gonna love going through this process.

Depressing music makes me feel better about myself, it's very strange, happy music often does absolutely nothing to me, not that depressing music is only that of course, i'ts often also filled with hope for better things.
I said this in @Dougie's Life Hate thread, I agree.

That's why i like the music of Eels a lot, it's a way different sound than Type-O Negative though, their album Electro-Shock Blues is about the singer's sister who committed suicide, their music really has helped me through some dark times.
I haven't listen to The Eels in 20 years. Any band that changes it up in some way is good in my book; I respect Johnny Rotten and Nick Cave and guys like that for saying, hey fuck that, I'm doing something different now.

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
Forum Clout
Carnivore's interesting because they start off with muh traditional thrash (with doom elements), but even then they had interesting concepts; God Is Dead has hard riffing, but the chorus is a very light, almost calypso strumming of the bass a la Supernaut by Sabbath, and Male Supremacy has the soft middle part like Master of Puppets has, but it was done a year prior.

Then their next album is way more explosive and the lyrics get more deranged and brilliant.

You're gonna love going through this process.

I said this in @Dougie's Life Hate thread, I agree.

I haven't listen to The Eels in 20 years. Any band that changes it up in some way is good in my book; I respect Johnny Rotten and Nick Cave and guys like that for saying, hey fuck that, I'm doing something different now.
I'm very set in my ways when it comes to music, i have the bands i grew up with and still listen to but i almost never start listening to new bands.

So i'm very excited to maybe find a new band to connect to, i really like the stuff i have heard from them so far.

I'll keep you up to date with my thoughts, if you don't mind? it's always fun to share such a journey, especially since their music is all new to me, and you know it so well.

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
I'll keep you up to date with my thoughts, if you don't mind? it's always fun to share such a journey, especially since their music is all new to me, and you know it so well.
I'm a big fan of experiencing material through new ears and eyes, so keep us posted. Peter Steele was such a different guy and he wrote shit about stuff everyone's aware of, but it's hard to express. Don't skip ahead to it, please, but the way 'Everything Dies' is written is unbelievable; it's just about how his relatives are dropping around him... but the delivery is funny in a way, and then he pulls the rug and it's just sad.

You're gonna have a lot of gloomy fun going through the material, because I know I did in 2012/2013.

G

8DF274F3-EC60-4902-AE8D-92F92A47D332.jpeg