• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

I wanna see the debtor's movie!

Forum Clout
Judges are incredibly lenient with citizens because most of us are morons when it comes to the law and don't understand how the system works. The judge will assume Pat is a moron and isn't going to want to be seen as railroading him when he can just give a bullshit 2-4 week continuance to "find an attorney". I'd be shocked if he isn't granted the continuance. Pat might even "fire" his first lawyer and ask for another continuance to find another one.
How many citizens sign a promissary note and immediately default then proudly go on podcasts and social media saying they will not comply with court orders?

I agree with the general sentiment, but this isn't your average moron.

Beavis

Forum Clout
How many citizens sign a promissary note and immediately default then proudly go on podcasts and social media saying they will not comply with court orders?

Good point, but people openly pull shit and still get some leniency from the courts. Many lolcows openly admit they plan on abusing the system and get multiple chances before the court finally has had enough.

SFWA liaison

Heidi Hildeman customer
Forum Clout

The fact that Patrick is guilty of contempt is an even better reason for Sosnay to be inclined to make sure he had ample opportunity to find adequate legal representation.

Pig's motion will be granted, but we'll have him squealing a bit under oath so this is actually more content for us in the long run.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
The whole point of the hearing is that he’s wasting everybody’s time and money contemptuously, having a months notice and then filing to waste more time and money 3 days before the hearing will not be well received.

Sosnay hasn’t got a record of saying “fuck it, give the deadbeat more leniency to waste the courts time and innocent peoples money” from what I can see.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
If he spins some sob story bullshit he still has to turn up to argue for the continuation, well you’re here anyway so what’s the fucking point?

If he asks for time to get a lawyer, he got served a month ago, he had his chance. He DID have a lawyer and stiffed them contemptuously. Which is the whole point.

Logically, I can’t see what his “strategy” is.

TomFromNawlins

Forum Clout
The whole point of the hearing is that he’s wasting everybody’s time and money contemptuously, having a months notice and then filing to waste more time and money 3 days before the hearing will not be well received.

Sosnay hasn’t got a record of saying “fuck it, give the deadbeat more leniency to waste the courts time and innocent peoples money” from what I can see.
I’m not wasting an innocent person’s money, child. I’m forcing a terrorist to burn through his dark money. Pretty soon his Russian backers will terminate the relationship.

G

If he spins some sob story bullshit he still has to turn up to argue for the continuation, well you’re here anyway so what’s the fucking point?

If he asks for time to get a lawyer, he got served a month ago, he had his chance. He DID have a lawyer and stiffed them contemptuously. Which is the whole point.

Logically, I can’t see what his “strategy” is.
Perhaps it would reflect badly on the judge if he sends somebody to jail right after denying his plea (even if total BS) for time to get an attorney. Maybe he said something like "Oh, I JUST was able to pull together some money for an attorney. Sorry it's past the deadline, but I couldn't control this, blah blah blah."

Treat Yourself

Forum Clout
Perhaps it would reflect badly on the judge if he sends somebody to jail right after denying his plea (even if total BS) for time to get an attorney. Maybe he said something like "Oh, I JUST was able to pull together some money for an attorney. Sorry it's past the deadline, but I couldn't control this, blah blah blah."
Will Niki's handler be there?

fricklefrackle

Forum Clout
Update
Screenshot-from-2023-08-22-12-52-40.png

Phish

I told them to back off bcuz it wasnt their show
Forum Clout
I went to school with a Pawlowski. I watched Mike beat the fuck out of 5 grown men (niggers with knives at that) all by himself and proceeded to punch out both of the taillights on their cadillac. He punched one guy out with one right hand and picked him up and threw him on the ground like he was a ragdoll. I remember the nig just moaning and whimpering trying to catch his breathe for like 5 minutes. Chris Blackledge was the one kid who ever put up a decent fight to Mike and thats cuz his dad was a maniac alcoholic and beat the fuck out of him his whole life. They went at it on the main stairway in the high school and it looked like fucking columbine after they were done with each other. Teachers literally thought someone got killed on the stairwell. I imagine Quas’s Pawlowski is just like Mike and is gonna punch Pat and Susans taillights out at court.