• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Final Beatles song comes out next week

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Forum Clout
Real Love is my favorite of the three. I'll need to listen to this more before I decide if it beats Free as a Bird but I'm pretty sure it does.

This begs the question: wheres Carnival of Light? Lennon had a billion demos, why not knock out 20 of them? Paul and Ringo would only need to show up for like a day to knock out all of their work for them. They definitely must have fucked around with more shit in the 90s before they picked the final ones too, so there's gotta be George goofing around on stuff.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
the doc was vague about if George is actually on it, and Paul just says he plays slide in his style as a tribute, so what does George actually contribute? Rhythm from the first go?

I kind of feel like he’s not actually playing on it which is a bummer but it’s a good song, it’s also a nice touch to release it with love me do as the b side, the first and the last.

Mitch Weaver

Wave bye bye, staIker
Forum Clout
the doc was vague about if George is actually on it, and Paul just says he plays slide in his style as a tribute, so what does George actually contribute? Rhythm from the first go?

I kind of feel like he’s not actually playing on it which is a bummer but it’s a good song, it’s also a nice touch to release it with love me do as the b side, the first and the last.
George laid down the rhythm parts before he got fed up with it. The documentary doesn’t quite explain or should I say glosses over the fact that George thought the song itself was rubbish not so much the SQ which to be fair was also horrible.

Real Love made more sense and in retrospect was the better choice.

I heard this track twice and I’m not blown away by it but it’s nice enough. I think it really meant more to Paul to get it done than anything else. And the dude has brought me a lot of joy with his music so good for him to get it out there, he’s earned it.

Smeckler's Powder

Forum Clout
George laid down the rhythm parts before he got fed up with it. The documentary doesn’t quite explain or should I say glosses over the fact that George thought the song itself was rubbish not so much the SQ which to be fair was also horrible.

And George(and John for that matter) hated plenty of Beatles songs they still wound up playing on. No one wanted to do Maxwells Silver Hammer

Smeckler's Powder

Forum Clout
I have to admit, him telling his fans to fuck off and stop sending him letters was PFG too.
peace and love, peace and love.

Really though, Ringos drumming is great and it got better through the years. Even when they weren't touring and he could have slunk down into shittyness, he crushed the roof concert, I Want You She's So Heavy has great drums, plenty of it is fucking awesome shit you could listen to without the rest of the instruments.

Mitch Weaver

Wave bye bye, staIker
Forum Clout
Yeah don’t hate it and don’t love it, video was nice.

They should’ve worked on this song instead

AliceWorquer

Fat bitch with faggot tits
Forum Clout
peace and love, peace and love.

Really though, Ringos drumming is great and it got better through the years. Even when they weren't touring and he could have slunk down into shittyness, he crushed the roof concert, I Want You She's So Heavy has great drums, plenty of it is fucking awesome shit you could listen to without the rest of the instruments.
I don't hate ringo Starr, genuinely, I'd tell you if I did but i dont buy the weird unnecessary pushback against everyone saying he was the shittiest beatle for so long. Now he's the topic of gay clickbait articles titled things like "x reasons why Ringo Starr was ackshually a GENIUS", and its always "he didn't overplay when everyone else was getting crazy", "he was left handed so his fills were backwards", "he followed what George was doing in here comes the sun", "he played really tight to the tempo" and "OMG! A day in the life!". He wasn't a genius, he was just a good solid drummer who did a couple of fills with weird counts in three or four of the 200 something songs the beatles made. I feel like a faggot even arguing this point.

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
Ringo is 80+ and even though obviously paid for it he has this weird youthfulness about him that I fucking love

The video for the new song is a little bit ropey and fake looking in parts and yet I found it kinda moving. Just four going lads who were in a band having fun and were in the right place and time to progress things massively in such a short spell of time.

Smeckler's Powder

Forum Clout
\I'd tell you if I did but i dont buy the weird unnecessary pushback against everyone saying he was the shittiest beatle for so long. Now he's the topic of gay clickbait articles titled things like "x reasons why Ringo Starr was ackshually a GENIUS",

I'm unfamiliar with this phenomenon, I'm just a decades long Beatle freak that's watched both Anthologies 20 times in addition to loads of other shit. The guy was great.