2023 Onaforums Baseball Thread

Udders

Crumbly feta is not God's Plan
According to Blob Uecker, Ohtani proves the DH is bad. Imagine how many home runs he'd hit if he everyday. His varsity athlete brother kyle called him retarded over this...
Nevermind that Ohtani started opening day and struck out 10 guys in six innings while calling his own pitches with the buzzer thing. The guy is amazing.

G

Nevermind that Ohtani started opening day and struck out 10 guys in six innings while calling his own pitches with the buzzer thing. The guy is amazing.
Pat truly is retarded, the football doesn't bother me as much as the baseball larp. Imagine never having played little league.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
He made me start paying attention to baseball again.

He's too humble to be in the MLB.

I love his locker room speech before the WBC final.

Someone translated it in the comments.

MySecondFatterAccount

Breakfast Corn
He made me start paying attention to baseball again.

He's too humble to be in the MLB.

I love his locker room speech before the WBC final.

Someone translated it in the comments.

There is no way he stays with the Angels after this season. I have a feeling the Padres throw record breaking money at him before the deadline. Yu Darvish just signed a big contract recently and after that WBC I think he would love being around a fellow japanese player for his next contract and Padres are spending lately. If the padres dont do it then Dodgers or Yankees will probably be the ones going the hardest.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Been watching Japanese baseball that I'm getting recommendations on YouTube I never would have found before.

I didn't know Ichiro has an amateur team with Daisuke Matsuzaka and he plays against High School girls.

These girls play pretty good. I'm sure the amount of confidence this builds is amazing. The double play Ichiro hit into at 8:30 was pretty impressive. It was funny to see the security guard trip and fall behind Ichiro after the play when Ichiro was going to the dugout.

Daisuke is a chubster.

G

The new rules are all great. Baseball does something right for the first time in decades.
It's been good. I do hope they nix the pitch clock in the playoffs. It could take away from the drama if a pitcher gets into a jam in a big spot and is forced to rush through making pitches.

G

It's been good. I do hope they nix the pitch clock in the playoffs. It could take away from the drama if a pitcher gets into a jam in a big spot and is forced to rush through making pitches.
I’m inclined to agree but it also sucks when playoff games are going till like 1am frequently.

G

I agree that every pitch matters in the post season and that creates an intensity not present in the average game, but it's frustrating when a sport essentially adopts a new rule-set in the playoffs. Hockey is probably the most egregious for dropping about 25-40% of what would-be penalties in the regular season in favor of "letting them play" in the post season, and the NFL has fucked up multiple Super Bowls in a row by waffling on when to call a game tight or when to look the other way.

I think the best move is to keep it consistent. You have to play 162 games just to get there, the only thing that should change in the post season is the stakes.
Ya but every situation is different, playoff baseball is so fucking pure. Limiting batter time outs and pick offs will do enough.

If you ask me the world went and got itself into a big hurry...fuck is the rush. What are you all going to sign peace deals or some shit?

G

Ya but every situation is different, playoff baseball is so fucking pure. Limiting batter time outs and pick offs will do enough.

If you ask me the world went and got itself into a big hurry...fuck is the rush. What are you all going to sign peace deals or some shit?
I’m usually against any kind of concessions to zoomers but it really was too much. Four hour games weren’t unusual anymore and playoff games were routinely going past midnight. Old timey games were a lot quicker too so it’s not like the long games are part of the tradition, it’s just shitheads stepping out and adjusting their batting gloves after every pitch, calling timeout six times and having 4 pitching changes in an inning with 2 minute commercial breaks for each one. It just wasn’t sustainable.

I’d like to see them get rid of the breaks for pitching changes to make it even faster. The whole point of the bullpen is you get warm out there. Let them throw 3 or 4 pitches to get a feel for the mound and that’s it.

G

Can’t wait until somebody says baseball is slow now. It’s way shorter than the NFL and almost an NBA playoff game at this point.

G

Also glad rendon got a four game suspension. He really fucked Anaheim with the contract so that’s funny