2023 Onaforums Baseball Thread

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
Last refuge of the white man thread. The guy who made last year’s died so I’ll take over. It’s alright guys, I got it.

Are you guys ready to take me out to the fawkin ballgame?

2FC4EE42-7F75-4661-AB4E-538B38126879.jpeg

The NL should be very interesting this year. Padres are gonna be better. Dodgers are gonna be the Dodgers. St Louis always makes the playoffs. Milwaukee has really good pitching. Braves, Mets and Phillies in the East should be a bloodbath.

Lotta new fawkin rules too. I love seeing this crybaby get motherfucked. Get in the box, faggot.

Call in with your favorite John Kruk story, the phones are lighting up right now

I think the bigger bases are going to have a bigger impact then the pitch clock. 3 inches closer home to 1st and 3rd and 5 inches closer in the middle infield. Throw in no more shifts and infielders having to be on the dirt I can see scoring records being broken this year. I think the Yankees, Astros and Indians ( I will never call them the Guardians ) are the top of the class but I wouldn't be surprised if the Angels, Rangers and Blue Jays make a run along with the Ray's and Sox.

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
I think the bigger bases are going to have a bigger impact then the pitch clock. 3 inches closer home to 1st and 3rd and 5 inches closer in the middle infield. Throw in no more shifts and infielders having to be on the dirt I can see scoring records being broken this year. I think the Yankees, Astros and Indians ( I will never call them the Guardians ) are the top of the class but I wouldn't be surprised if the Angels, Rangers and Blue Jays make a run along with the Ray's and Sox.
I look forward to see how pitching adapts to the new rules.
Gibson lowered the mound, and todays pitchers are almost too good for their britches.
Not a fan of the larger bases, yet, time may tell.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
I'm quite looking forward to the new rules making the games better and faster. Spring training games have been coming in under 2.5 hours.
Longest delays of game are advertisements. With MLB they rarely enforce slow play because they want more time for commercials and billboards and signs to be seen. No point in encouraging fast play when some fast food company spent $350K to put a sign behind the home plate umpire. Average games times in the 60s and 70s were around two hours. Now we are still above three hours.

Another thing is that they are using 'juiced' balls again to get more hits and home runs. Plus cracking down on pitchers using sticky grip. And making the bases bigger. No more shifts. They clearly want more scoring as they think that fans will somehow flock to 8 to 12 games than 1 to 0 scoring games. But more runs scores per inning will make the games run longer as well especially when you factor in relief pitchers and the time it takes for the switch and warmup.

Without commercials and enforcing slow play penalties you can run a nine inning game in two hours easily.

G

Nats are going to be shit for at least 3 more years and they have the balls to still charge full price for tickets to watch minor leaguers. Fuck them, this will be the first opening day I don’t go to in a decade and I can walk to the stadium from my house.

G

New rules are gay. The answer is never over complicating the rule book. NFL games needs their own legal analysts now with all the rules it's so dumb..this is headed there. Imagine a playoff series decided on a borderline balk call after a 162 game season.

Make the strike zone bigger and tell the umps to take control of the fucking pace themselves. Pitchers taking too long? Ball. Batters stalling? Strike. Move it the fuck along and swing the goddamm bats. How hard is that?

Classic case of trying to appeal to retarded people (niggers and zoomers)with no attention span, understanding of strategy, or mental capacity to follow the ins and outs of the game and season. They're never going to watch and never will. Nascar tried this horseshit, now they are fucking joke. Appreciate the fans you have, fuck everyone else.

They're also talking expansion. Anything for a buck, right Bergs and Steins? The talent is thin as it is. You have teams fielding AAA rosters, catchers hitting 180 is a regular thing, they should have less teams not more.

Also how about just making an east and west division in each league? The format now is so retarded. You can win your division and still play in the wild card round. What's the fucking point of the division then? Make it 2 and half the games become divisional match ups but WAIT...we need to try to be the NBA and have every team play every team every year because Abraham fuckin Nosenstein needs another 5 million in his vault.

Fuck this I'm going to Boca...for Spring training in 2 weeks. Can't wait.

G

New rules are gay. The answer is never over complicating the rule book. NFL games needs their own legal analysts now with all the rules it's so dumb..this is headed there. Imagine a playoff series decided on a borderline balk call after a 162 game season.

Make the strike zone bigger and tell the umps to take control of the fucking pace themselves. Pitchers taking too long? Ball. Batters stalling? Strike. Move it the fuck along and swing the goddamm bats. How hard is that?

Classic case of trying to appeal to retarded people (niggers and zoomers)with no attention span, understanding of strategy, or mental capacity to follow the ins and outs of the game and season. They're never going to watch and never will. Nascar tried this horseshit, now they are fucking joke. Appreciate the fans you have, fuck everyone else.

They're also talking expansion. Anything for a buck, right Bergs and Steins? The talent is thin as it is. You have teams fielding AAA rosters, catchers hitting 180 is a regular thing, they should have less teams not more.

Also how about just making an east and west division in each league? The format now is so retarded. You can win your division and still play in the wild card round. What's the fucking point of the division then? Make it 2 and half the games become divisional match ups but WAIT...we need to try to be the NBA and have every team play every team every year because Abraham fuckin Nosenstein needs another 5 million in his vault.

Fuck this I'm going to Boca...for Spring training in 2 weeks. Can't wait.
I love you titty milk but what is you doing? Every team has to play each other so as a fan we can see different teams. The pitch count will make baseball shorter than a football game, no fag fuck shift means no more beer league softball shit. I could go on but I’m all in.

G

I love you titty milk but what is you doing? Every team has to play each other so as a fan we can see different teams. The pitch count will make baseball shorter than a football game, no fag fuck shift means no more beer league softball shit. I could go on but I’m all in

In principal it might all look good but my concern is when the umps, who suck ass to begin with, are given 10 other things to worry about all at once they are going to be fucking up unbelievablely.

The players also seem to be mostly giant faggots today. When was the last time we had a good brawl, hell any kind of beef between players?

G

In principal it might all look good but my concern is when the umps, who suck ass to begin with, are given 10 other things to worry about all at once they are going to be fucking up unbelievablely.

The players also seem to be mostly giant faggots today. When was the last time we had a good brawl, hell any kind of beef between players?
It still happens. Soto is a faggot and old school people will still throw at him. Umps suck ass but I’m old school that I’d quit watching if they went robo ump

Also how about just making an east and west division in each league? The format now is so retarded. You can win your division and still play in the wild card round. What's the fucking point of the division then?
The extra playoff round is gay. Go back to two leagues, top four teams in each get in. One game playoff to break ties. No byes. The regular season should have meaning, and teams that fuck around all year and get hot in September should be on the outside looking in, wondering what might have been.

mooner

No, child. You are not my toilet.
I’m a diehard lifelong baseball fan and so far I like the new rules.

Thought I would hate the shift ban but I’m actually liking it. It’s not fun to watch defense when it’s basically just which team has the better positioning algorithm. From what I’ve seen watching Spring Training so far, we’re getting more diving plays on defense and more singles, which is exactly where the sport needs to go.

Pitch clock has been cool so far, I think it’ll be a good longterm change. Maybe up it to like 20 seconds with no runners on and like 25 with runners on. It just seems a little quick. Also, I think they should just let the pitcher pitch if the batter isn’t in the box. Get rid of the batter getting a strike if he’s not in the box with 8 seconds to go. Honestly I’m most curious about how it’s going to be watching it live. Drinking some brewskis and watching long games on a summer night ruled.

Bigger bags probably aren’t going to matter too much.

Go Pads.

Last edited: