• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Worst video game you've ever played?

Chapel

Dirty Bastard
Forum Clout
Most fucking final fantasy games. I enjoyed 7 & 8 on the original PlayStation, huge open world RPGs but they series has now turned into a series of animations that interrupt you walking down a never ending corridor. Hack to complete the game, tape the right and X buttons down

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Most fucking final fantasy games. I enjoyed 7 & 8 on the original PlayStation, huge open world RPGs but they series has now turned into a series of animations that interrupt you walking down a never ending corridor. Hack to complete the game, tape the right and X buttons down
This is how a lot of movies, games, comics and so on are. They take a successful IP. They use it to promote something that barely resembles the original IP. Like how newer Metal Gear or Final Fantasy games are barely like the originals. Or how Many Saints of Newark was really a nigger riots movie with Sopranos characters thrown in for marketing. You just license your famous IP to a shitty game design to sell more copies.

So something like Dragon Age Origins is a great game. A shitty garbage dungeon crawler game with no title is made. Bioware buys the dungeon crawler and slaps the 'Dragon Age' title on it and calls it 'Dragon Age II'. It is a mediocre game with nothing to do with the first Dragon Age.....but it sells millions of copies because it is called 'Dragon Age'. And rinse repeat for basically every numbered sequel and movie now.

The funniest example of this is the movie Jarhead. First movie was an anti-war commie fag movie. It was so successful with Marines and pro-war types that they made a bunch of action movie sequels with WWE wrestlers that are super pro-war. And now the franchise is like a horror movie series where they just cranked a bunch out.

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
Forum Clout
He had a guy named Mike Matei working for him that did some scumbag shit evidently. So Rolfe is taking the hits from the fanbase. It’s weird.

But mostly they just seem to think he’s trying too hard to be funny now. I guess I see that. I’m more into the older episodes myself.
What did he do mother fucker Mike always has black eyes

Snake

Forum Clout
I've only played 7 and like it a lot. For some reason got back into it and have been playing it again recently. Didn't play it when it came out but first got into it around 2010. Although I do wanna try some of the other older games in the line.

The huge majority of anything made beyond the mid 00s is typically dogshit. Games just mimic film mediocrity. It continues to get eaten up and praised, when less and less effort are removed and more ADHD elements are thrown into it. Every series eventually becomes just watered down rinse and repeat Madden annual releases.

Like Resident Evil has become almost annual. RE2 remake was pretty good, but flawed, the first "good" game in the series since REmake in 2002. And it went right back to shit immediately following the remake of it's sequel that they shit out in less than a year development. Funnily enough, the original RE3 had like the same development time and it felt like a complete game. The amount of fucking corners cut with the "remake" is so obvious if you've played the original. Even if the fucking thing was finished, it was still made by a team that look like they had a paragraph of an outline of what to do with it and have no idea what the original game even was.

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
I've only played 7 and like it a lot. For some reason got back into it and have been playing it again recently. Didn't play it when it came out but first got into it around 2010. Although I do wanna try some of the other older games in the line.
The consensus is that 6 and 7 are the greatest. I've never played 6 - I think it came out on the SNES so I imagine it's easy to run on an emulator - but 7 is still great and figuring out the Materia combinations is fun. My personal fave is 8 but it's a dark horse in the series and people find the Junction system uncomfortable.

Games just mimic film mediocrity. It continues to get eaten up and praised, when less and less effort are removed and more ADHD elements are thrown into it.
That sums up RE8 pretty well. The game was sold on that Lady Dimitrescu being an integral villain, and you finish her off maybe 90 minutes into the game, so there's like four other main villains with these random attributes. The majority of the game should've been the castle, a la the first RE with the mansion, with you being chased constantly a la Mr. X but she gets progressively faster. Instead, they added way too much shit that the fans didn't care for. Sad!

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
Forum Clout
The consensus is that 6 and 7 are the greatest. I've never played 6 - I think it came out on the SNES so I imagine it's easy to run on an emulator - but 7 is still great and figuring out the Materia combinations is fun. My personal fave is 8 but it's a dark horse in the series and people find the Junction system uncomfortable.

That sums up RE8 pretty well. The game was sold on that Lady Dimitrescu being an integral villain, and you finish her off maybe 90 minutes into the game, so there's like four other main villains with these random attributes. The majority of the game should've been the castle, a la the first RE with the mansion, with you being chased constantly a la Mr. X but she gets progressively faster. Instead, they added way too much shit that the fans didn't care for. Sad!
I remember you don't fight the random battles in ff8 cause it doesn't give you money and the monsters will level up with you so its a waste of time

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
I remember you don't fight the random battles in ff8 cause it doesn't give you money and the monsters will level up with you so its a waste of time
Yeah. The player has the freedom to play it however they like, but I like the method of keeping the levels low, card modding and refining to get superior magic, and getting the GFs their abilities to make the characters stronger without leveling. I've gotten onto disc four and I'm still on level 12 or some shit.

Chapel

Dirty Bastard
Forum Clout

I fucking completed 7 with my mate and you get rewarded with a five second animation then we were sat for five minutes saying “ the proper endings gonna kick in”

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
I fucking completed 7 with my mate and you get rewarded with a five second animation then we were sat for five minutes saying “ the proper endings gonna kick in”
Was your disc scratched or something? The ending video is pretty long.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
Also don't sleep on IX it looks childish but I found it better than 7 and as good as 6. Even XII had some great moments. Everything after and in between was ass.

Chapel

Dirty Bastard
Forum Clout
Was your disc scratched or something? The ending video is pretty long.
Long? You see the meteor then the dog thing run across the plains, you’ve no idea what happens to any of the characters.
Did have that shit with Wing Commander 3. Played it for ages, got to the end and big fucking scratch.
Mind you its better than being a spoiled rich cunt who bought a 2 grand PC to play a game with Ginger Lynn in it

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
Forum Clout
220px-Jaws_(NES).jpg

stealthygeek

Reminder: Vincent D'Onofrio blocked Patrick
Forum Clout
Mike Matei seems like a real ass dude. His Loco bandito cartoons would be right at home here. I know that James outsources all of the work to a team of fat dudes and has been phoning it in for years at this point. It's a tough one man, genuinely
This one made me think of Pat for several reasons

Duqu6kkUUAIoBrH.jpg

AntSucks

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Forum Clout
In my childhood I played a lot of adventure games, but the worst one was The Legend of Kyrandia. Most of the "puzzles" were just different combinations of potions or gems. Nothing was ever solved using logic. I had to draw charts and run through every permutation until I solved it.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
I really have to think back here, but the worst one... I think it was the first time I played Red Steel.

This was when that frigging Wii was touted like it could do 1:1 motion, and the game proved that, no, child, it doesn't.

I could shoot better and faster playing Lethal Enforcers on the Mega Drive with a D-Pad.

Fuck Nintendo right up Zelda's cunt.