• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Official ONAFORUMS baseball thread

G

I think they kinda got fleeced, they should have made it like a four team trade.
They could've got cj abrams for bell straight up probably, now the padres are disgusting in a three game wild card series
darvish, clevinger, musgrove

then you have to face
profar
tatis
soto
machado
bell
cronenworth

good luck

WWAW teams that did fuck all at the dealine?
The giants think they can actually compete in the nl west with their rickety geriatric lineup?

they shouldve gone full on prospect haul mode, logan webb and rodon are in luis castillo tier, who the fuck do they even have in their lineup?
belt? longoria? brandon crawford? joc pederson? lmao.

same shit with the redsox.they have zero pitching, they shouldve sent off jd martinez, eovaldi, xander, and built around devers for the next decade. clown show
It was a strange deadline. The dumb expanded playoffs make teams think they're in it when they aren't (Phillies), or trying a half as rebuild while keeping the facade they're competing (Red Sox)..

Braves proved last year tho all you need to do is get in. A three game series is a toss up. Washington kicked the Mets ass last night, anything can happen in baseball.

G

lol, Good....He's pretty much universally considered the greatest announcer in American sports history. If anyone deserved to be sucked off posthumously, it's Vin Scully.
Honestly Vin Scully deserves to be blown before and after jacuzzi. My fucking grandfather grew up listening to him call Brooklyn Dodger games.

The annoying part is the people sucking him off who didn't know who was until they were told by Twitter.

Kim_Jong_Poon_

Yes. I had cyber sex sessions with Leslie.
Forum Clout
Honestly Vin Scully deserves to be blown before and after jacuzzi. My fucking grandfather grew up listening to him call Brooklyn Dodger games.

The annoying part is the people sucking him off who didn't know who was until they were told by Twitter.
He was a real ass dude for sure. I liked how he just started shitting on commies in the middle of a game

Forum Clout
I've been away from baseball too long to know the nuances of the new rules, but that blocking the plate call in Minnesota tonight seemed like horseshit. I'm sure they got it right by the letter of the law, but having just watched clips from the '91 World Series with Lonnie Smith laying out Brian Harper on the same sort of play (and still getting out) I can't help but find it kind of weak.

And I'm a Jays fan.

Monk

Forum Clout
I've been away from baseball too long to know the nuances of the new rules, but that blocking the plate call in Minnesota tonight seemed like horseshit. I'm sure they got it right by the letter of the law, but having just watched clips from the '91 World Series with Lonnie Smith laying out Brian Harper on the same sort of play (and still getting out) I can't help but find it kind of weak.

And I'm a Jays fan.

The rule change came about because of the incident in the video. Posey's leg got fucked up pretty badly.

Forum Clout

The rule change came about because of the incident in the video. Posey's leg got fucked up pretty badly.

Yeah, fair enough -- I was citing '91 standards which if you watch any of the major sports seem barbaric relative to today. Still, if that injury happens to Humberto Quintero and not one of the face's of baseball at the time, do you think the league pushes the idea of improving player safety at the expense of plate contact?

Like I said, I'm sure they got the call correct and players adapt and evolve around the rule changes quickly enough to render most of the gripes moot, but it still felt wrong to me that a play like that isn't an out. I just don't see it and all the explanations seem excessive compared to the gut reaction of "yeah, he's out".

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout
Yeah, fair enough -- I was citing '91 standards which if you watch any of the major sports seem barbaric relative to today. Still, if that injury happens to Humberto Quintero and not one of the face's of baseball at the time, do you think the league pushes the idea of improving player safety at the expense of plate contact?

Like I said, I'm sure they got the call correct and players adapt and evolve around the rule changes quickly enough to render most of the gripes moot, but it still felt wrong to me that a play like that isn't an out. I just don't see it and all the explanations seem excessive compared to the gut reaction of "yeah, he's out".
Pete Rose used to destroy catchers.

G

Whenever I see a runner get gunned down, and he just gives up I have to turn the fucking game off. Its enraging what they did to the sport because one faggot got hurt
They did the same thing when it comes to breaking up a double play, just reactionary nonsense. You shouldn't be able to just throw your body into someone's leg the way Utley did but now you can't even slide hard.

It makes it so any asshole can play second base now.

Forum Clout
They did the same thing when it comes to breaking up a double play, just reactionary nonsense. You shouldn't be able to just throw your body into someone's leg the way Utley did but now you can't even slide hard.

It makes it so any asshole can play second base now.
Yeah it would be one thing if they removed completely egregious ones where they level the guy unnecessarily, but of course they have to just take it way too far to the point the play no longer makes any sense

G

Yeah it would be one thing if they removed completely egregious ones where they level the guy unnecessarily, but of course they have to just take it way too far to the point the play no longer makes any sense
At least they make them actually touch the base now. The “neighborhood” play was always horseshit

G

Wwaw the yankees padres and braves getting swept?
Really motherfucked me out of $150 this weekend. Never bet against degrom heh

I hope this fruity nigger fractures his vertabrae during BP. Tatis too

9566A7A3-A2EB-453B-AC21-6DA784B887DD.jpeg

Uncle Floyd

Nice try, Floyd.
Forum Clout
Wwaw the yankees padres and braves getting swept?
Really motherfucked me out of $150 this weekend. Never bet against degrom heh

I hope this fruity nigger fractures his vertabrae during BP. Tatis too

View attachment 58354
Betting on Degrom is a tough one, man. It's uncanny how the Mets never get runs when he's pitching. Except for yesterday when everything came together for once. #LGM

G

Betting on Degrom is a tough one, man. It's uncanny how the Mets never get runs when he's pitching. Except for yesterday when everything came together for once. #LGM
That was the best game I've ever seen anyone pitch. Swanson ran into one fastball but every pitch other than that was perfect. They couldn't touch him, and that's after a year on the shelf.

They're going to be tough in October with him and Scherzer back to back

fusciasomething

Jacques De Gautier
Forum Clout
That was the best game I've ever seen anyone pitch. Swanson ran into one fastball but every pitch other than that was perfect. They couldn't touch him, and that's after a year on the shelf.

They're going to be tough in October with him and Scherzer back to back
That was a ridiculous performance. I put $500 on the Mets to win the WS so I'm hoping he and Scherzer stay healthy or I'm screwed