• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Official ONAFORUMS baseball thread

G

Big week. Bring Juan Soto to the Bronx, Cashman! Dominguez, volpe, Peraza, whatever they want idc, they can have it. None of them will ever amount to half of Juan Soto, and I’d rather give a 23 year old Soto a huge AAV billion year contract over 30 year old Judge. Get it done!

G

WWAWD Trade deadline? First place brewers trading their closer was surprising, but a pretty Damm good move tbphwy...Hader has been very average this year. They got a replacement who's been producing the same and 3 good young players.

Soto is the big name, but I'd be surprised if he's moved. I think that's for the off season. Boston has really turned into cheap faggots. Fuck John Henry.

Yankees have peaked too early I think.id still pick Houston in the AL. Mets look pretty fucking legit and will improve their team.

Mariners actually going for it is cool. Last time they were good Ken Griffey was on the fucking team.

G

I went to Juan Soto’s last Nats game last night and I’m legitimately sad about it today. Fucking thing sucks. Fuck Scott Boras.

G

I went to Juan Soto’s last Nats game last night and I’m legitimately sad about it today. Fucking thing sucks. Fuck Scott Boras.
Blame your team for cutting ties with their entire championship roster after 2 years. Farm system isn't even good either, somehow.

G

Blame your team for cutting ties with their entire championship roster after 2 years. Farm system isn't even good either, somehow.
Eh, they sold out for the WS, I’m fine with that. That team was too old to stick together. The only dumb thing they did was pay Strasburg afterwards.

This Soto business blows though. Unless he flat out told them he’s not re-signing no matter what, trading him is indefensible.

G

Eh, they sold out for the WS, I’m fine with that. That team was too old to stick together. The only dumb thing they did was pay Strasburg afterwards.

This Soto business blows though. Unless he flat out told them he’s not re-signing no matter what, trading him is indefensible.
It really is sad. Nats top prospect is one year older than him. You should just hope they don't try to unload Corbin onto LA and prioritize money over prospects. I wouldn't tput it past them.

But you are right that you sell out for a WS every time, but I couldn't believe how they just handed trea turner away for nothing.

G

It really is sad. Nats top prospect is one year older than him. You should just hope they don't try to unload Corbin onto LA and prioritize money over prospects. I wouldn't tput it past them.

But you are right that you sell out for a WS every time, but I couldn't believe how they just handed trea turner away for nothing.
They got 2 mlb ready prospects in that trade but yeah I think they could have got even more.

G

In fairness, they did tie the MLB record for wins in a season after he left for the Reds, but I get what you're saying.
Good call. That was the height of the roid Era. Brett fucking Boone shows up and jacks 50 home runs. Ichiro still shows up from Japan as a rookie and is the class of the league full of WWE performers

Forum Clout

Fawwwwk, RIP Vin
National treasure. I remember getting choked up watching his retirement ceremony.
Hearing him call Dodger games into the 2010s seemed like a surreal glimpse into a time machine.

G

Washington got back a solid haul. Abrams, Hassell, and Gore look like they're going to be very good.
I think they kinda got fleeced, they should have made it like a four team trade.
They could've got cj abrams for bell straight up probably, now the padres are disgusting in a three game wild card series
darvish, clevinger, musgrove

then you have to face
profar
tatis
soto
machado
bell
cronenworth

good luck

WWAW teams that did fuck all at the dealine?
The giants think they can actually compete in the nl west with their rickety geriatric lineup?

they shouldve gone full on prospect haul mode, logan webb and rodon are in luis castillo tier, who the fuck do they even have in their lineup?
belt? longoria? brandon crawford? joc pederson? lmao.

same shit with the redsox.they have zero pitching, they shouldve sent off jd martinez, eovaldi, xander, and built around devers for the next decade. clown show

Forum Clout
Jays did pretty good, all things considered. Nothing flashy, but a landing bit of bat relief to help take the load off a clearly injured Springer and nabbing Mitch White from the Dodgers for some middling prospects (though Frasso could develop into something) will allow them to stay competitive without giving up anything considerable.

I think a few teams are hoping to follow the Braves "get hot at the right time" formula this year.