Is Roseanne a good sitcom? (also suggest sitcoms)

Riccardo Bosi

welcomes our new overlords
Nobody's beating da GOAT tho

ef487b5564c18d083510d5516fd8e99d73403288cc3add815e8183557e1d2c7e._AC_SX720_FMjpg_.jpg

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
Roseanne rules, follows the usual arc of long-form sitcom stories: first season is a little rough, it hits its stride and gets amazing, then loses the plot at the end. Well worth a watch.
NewsRadio is my personal favorite, good tight comedy and very likable characters. Seeing Joe Rogan look like a mostly normal human should be enough intrigue to get you started.
Dinosaurs is really good but the 90s hippy environmentalism is a bit preachy, ignore that stuff because the writing is excellent.
Any classic like The Honeymooners/Flintstones, I Love Lucy, Beverly Hillbillies, Gilligan's Island are fun and give you some idea of American mainstream culture of the times. Munsters and The Addams Family are kinda the same, but not really. Worth at least a look
I'm a fan of the Norman Lear poor folk shows from the 70s: All in the Family, Good Times, Sanford & Son, and yes I'm aware they're remakes of British shows but I haven't seen those, I'd assume they're also good. Laverne & Shirley is damned good, too.
Happy Days is pablum, better to listen to the bbboys goofing on it than waste your time watching.
Three's Company is one-note but it's a very pleasant note. Also a remake of a Br*tcom.
Fawlty Towers is the GOAT Br*tcom, solid gold throughout.
Blackadder is spotty but brilliant in parts, and I did get misty at the final scene of the final series (don't spoil it for yourself, respect the art of the tease :pfg_sm:)
For deeper cuts, Mork & Mindy and Perfect Strangers are odd but comfy watching.

...fawk, I watched too many reruns as a kid. Should have played more baseball.
Counterpoint: what about Ocker shows?

BUBBLER

-Former DMANIC
Roseanne rules, follows the usual arc of long-form sitcom stories: first season is a little rough, it hits its stride and gets amazing, then loses the plot at the end. Well worth a watch.
NewsRadio is my personal favorite, good tight comedy and very likable characters. Seeing Joe Rogan look like a mostly normal human should be enough intrigue to get you started.
Dinosaurs is really good but the 90s hippy environmentalism is a bit preachy, ignore that stuff because the writing is excellent.
Any classic like The Honeymooners/Flintstones, I Love Lucy, Beverly Hillbillies, Gilligan's Island are fun and give you some idea of American mainstream culture of the times. Munsters and The Addams Family are kinda the same, but not really. Worth at least a look
I'm a fan of the Norman Lear poor folk shows from the 70s: All in the Family, Good Times, Sanford & Son, and yes I'm aware they're remakes of British shows but I haven't seen those, I'd assume they're also good. Laverne & Shirley is damned good, too.
Happy Days is pablum, better to listen to the bbboys goofing on it than waste your time watching.
Three's Company is one-note but it's a very pleasant note. Also a remake of a Br*tcom.
Fawlty Towers is the GOAT Br*tcom, solid gold throughout.
Blackadder is spotty but brilliant in parts, and I did get misty at the final scene of the final series (don't spoil it for yourself, respect the art of the tease :pfg_sm:)
For deeper cuts, Mork & Mindy and Perfect Strangers are odd but comfy watching.

...fawk, I watched too many reruns as a kid. Should have played more baseball.
Counterpoint: what about Ocker shows?
adderall is a helluve a drug

Charlie Sheen had a show after he left Two and a Half Men called "Anger Management". There were 90 episodes in season 2, and they were released all at once.

That evoked a weird feeling of sadness in me. There's is no way no more than a handful of people watched all 90 episodes of that shit. All that work, lost to the public like tears in rain. It's still there, waiting to be streamed, but no one will ever watch it.

BUBBLER

-Former DMANIC
Charlie Sheen had a show after he left Two and a Half Men called "Anger Management". There were 90 episodes in season 2, and they were released all at once.

That evoked a weird feeling of sadness in me. Theirs is no way no more than a handful of people watched all 90 episodes of that shit. All that work, lost to the public like tears in rain. It's still there, waiting to be streamed, but no one will ever watch it.
Car crashed for obvious reasons

Riccardo Bosi

welcomes our new overlords

That evoked a weird feeling of sadness in me. There's is no way no more than a handful of people watched all 90 episodes of that shit. All that work, lost to the public like tears in rain. It's still there, waiting to be streamed, but no one will ever watch it.
There's probably actors on that show that could tell someone they did 100 episodes of a show with Charlie Sheen, and they wouldn't buy it without a Google search.

"I didn't see you on Two And A Half Men."
"No, I..."

There's probably actors on that show that could tell someone they did 100 episodes of a show with Charlie Sheen, and they wouldn't buy it without a Google search.

"I didn't see you on Two And A Half Men."
"No, I..."
It's crazy to me that they churned out 90 of those things within a few months. If it was made 10 years later, I would assume the scripts were just chatgpt'd lol. But it's just proof that they don't need to put any effort into writing those crappy sitcoms, and the writers strikes they're always doing are completely uncalled for.