• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

I Wanna See the Courthouse Movie! - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FurBurger

What would you do for a Klondike bar?
Forum Clout
I don't think so. There's really nothing to appeal. It's the law in California. Anti-SLAPP. 16, dick, law so I could be wrong.

I wonder if he is maybe gonna try and sue Minc/Resto and claim they didn't tell him he would owe Quasi's fees.
Unless Minc are incredibly, breathtakingly, never-studied-law-at-college incompetent Pat'll have signed a form saying he understands the risks before they took him on as client. It's on him as an alleged adult to ask enough questions before voting signing a contract.

Pat could argue they didn't explain the risks enough, but that's a he-said, pig-said argument that'll be tough to litigate without clear evidence from someone who isn't a world-renowned liar and triathlete.

As a non-lawyer, when I Google "Important First Amendment cases" Krinsky comes up early and often (that decision has been used as guidance in cases in other states; it's pretty fundamental). Pat could maybe sue his lawyers for not anticipating a Krinsky defence - I think his case would have had a better outcome with better planning - but that requires hiring a lawyer to sue a lawyer, and the legal fraternity are deeply reluctant to attack another made man lawyer; so rotsa ruck, fataboy!

SFWA's Legal Fund documentation makes it clear that Pat's fees are a loan, and that they don't pay damages. It also makes clear that Pat will have waived legal privilege so their lawyer can snuffle through the case. Pat could maybe have a shot at suing that guy for not anticipating Krinsky, although there's no reason to expect the SFWA's lawyer to act in Pat's interest, particularly if the SFWA charge interest on the loan (i.e. it's beneficial to them). I can think of a way Pat can maybe piggly-wriggly out of that obligation, but fuck him, that fat bitch is on his own.

AntSucks

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Forum Clout
From my understanding from reading up on the subject legal malpractice suits usually aren't successful unless the lawyer was grossly negligent and didn't file on time or show up to court. You can't sue your lawyer just for not being as good as the other lawyer, or not anticipating every possible counter strategy the other side might use.

Generally the better legal argument wins. You could see it in the California case. The Judge was very impressed with Pena's ability to argue, and probably wanted to blow him later in Chambers.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
The fact is Resto thought this would be over before it started. I guarantee Pat convinced Brinton and Nicole and whoever the fuck else that it was all just a random attack and he was oh so innocent only for them to see he literally has to respond to every single comment that’s ever made, ever because he is incapable of outrunning his own stupidity.

Then it moved to based California with based Judge Stein and based Judge Schulman who ruled in favor of based Quasi and based Ruben Peña and the based first amendment and piggy went wee wee wee all the way to Josiah only to find out he’s based too.

I’m rock hard now.

G

I think the issue is Mr wine lawyer had no idea that the quash would be filed in CA where that is true. Once Quasi made his move did they realize what a mistake they made
"The Streetshitter's Gambit"
Da43c-1522503667-800.jpg

FurBurger

Forum Clout
Generally the better legal argument wins. You could see it in the California case. The Judge was very impressed with Pena's ability to argue, and probably wanted to blow him later in Chambers.
Listen, I'm not accusing Judges Stein or Shulman of infidelity or homosexuality; but when you're in court and hear something like a four foot silkworm knocking its head against the lectern; then in my opinion you're honour-bound to kiss it on both cheeks.

G

I think the issue is Mr wine lawyer had no idea that the quash would be filed in CA where that is true. Once Quasi made his move did they realize what a mistake they made
Even then, they still could have withdrawn it and saved most of the legal fees. Or they could have removed Quasi as a Doe himself and maybe have gotten somewhere. But even then, the best case scenario is that they get a bunch of VPN IPs to go with the fake names and emails that they already had.

The dumbest part of this whole thing is that they believed, and maybe still believe, that Quasi knows who we are or that any of us know who anyone else is. I know Pat is a retard but how is everyone else involved also that retarded? Anyone can view the site and it should be perfectly clear that this (and KF) is a bunch of anonymous shitposters.

Harry Powell

Bruce is more helpful to Defendants than Plaintiff
Forum Clout
Even then, they still could have withdrawn it and saved most of the legal fees. Or they could have removed Quasi as a Doe himself and maybe have gotten somewhere. But even then, the best case scenario is that they get a bunch of VPN IPs to go with the fake names and emails that they already had.

The dumbest part of this whole thing is that they believed, and maybe still believe, that Quasi knows who we are or that any of us know who anyone else is. I know Pat is a retard but how is everyone else involved also that retarded? Anyone can view the site and it should be perfectly clear that this (and KF) is a bunch of anonymous shitposters.
That was always a false pretense. They’re not that stupid, not even Pat. They just wanted to use Quaso’s CLEARLY facetious comment about knowing everyone’s identities (he maybe knew Reddit usernames based on posting style) as a justification for the subpoena.

FurBurger

Forum Clout
I like how you've already done the research to see if bounty hunters are legal in Milwaukee
Thank you for noticing.

So, I was a bit wrong - bounty hunters aren't exactly illegal in Wisconsin; Wisconsin just changed the bail/bond landscape.

A California Bounty Hunter (or "Bail Enforcement Agent", as they prefer to be called) can request a warrant from a Wisconsin court. If they get it, an APB goes out, and every police officer Fatrick sees is now hunting for him. They will come to his home, his parent's house, his brother's house, his in-laws, his favourite bars, that joint he claims he fatly patrolled vaccine cards like a Nazi for ("Papers please! Dánke!"). They will leave cards with his details, and an explanation that if you see him but don't report him you'll be considered an "accomplice" in the eyes of the law, and will face charges of your own. They will issue photographs of him to officers when they start their shift, just in case they see him. His and Nikki's vehicles will be marked, and if they come within view of a MKE Police car their automated licence plate system will flag him and he will be chased down.

Nikki's going to have to walk to and from everywhere for a while, is what I'm saying. Also, she should pay cash for everything.

When they get him, Fatrick will be consigned to a small holding pen until he can be released to the Bail Enforcement Agent. That might take a while, but I'm sure an Actual Tough Guy will thrive in prison.

The only two hitches in that are these:
  1. Can Quasi get a bench warrant from the California court? The answer's yes. A bench warrant is a judge ordering you to be dragged to court to explain why the fuck you haven't obeyed the court's instructions. Pat has not obeyed the court's instructions in paying Quasi, he has missed one interest payment already, he doesn't have a lawyer to fight the case, and is on record saying that he never will pay Quasi. Rotsa ruck you petulant child.

2. Is a California civil bench warrant enough to get a Wisconsin arrest warrant? I'm not a lawyer, or a betting man, but if I was I'd put a lot of money on Pat having to squat naked in front of a corrections officer and cough in the near future. Judges hate being disobeyed by fat lawless cunts, and are likely to extend that courtesy to other courts, even if it's just a civil matter. Remember, it's a civil matter that stops Fatrick seeing his daughter; it's less than criminal but it still carries weight.
Hey, Pat - have you publicly argued in the past that you're a heavily-armed drunk with anger management issues? Will that affect the strategy Milwaukee PD adopt for your arrest? Are you ready to be treated like the Actual Tough Guy you've always claimed you are?

G

I wonder if Resto kept her as a client or if her case is now being handled by someone else at Minc Law.
[URL]https://dcr.alleghenycounty.us/Civil/LoginSearch.aspx[/URL] and then type GD-20-012258 into the "Non-Standard Case ID" field, it lets you in.

"There are 1 plaintiff and 2 defendants remaining in the case. The Plaintiff remaining in the case, and his counsel are: Derek Krymowski, and his counsel, Matthew R. Doebler, PRIBANIC & PRIBANIC, LLC and Brinton J. Resto, Esq., MINC, LLC. Defendants who have actually been served and who remain in the case, and their counsel are: Tabatha Thea Whited, and her counsel, Louis W. Emmi, Esq. One unidentified John Doe defendant remains."

This was posted 27. jan 2022, so few days before Resto left. Kinda feels that he was fired?

edit : lol
weird-news.png

FurBurger

Forum Clout
I wonder if Minc Law has an exit strategy in cases where the opposing party lawyers up, and Brinton didn't follow it because he was unable to control his own client.
Minc Law is paid by the hour, so as long as they document themselves giving appropriate counsel they don't give a fuck. Pat can paint one of his toys in front of an actual lawyer in fifteen minute increments as long as his money holds.

Trust me, if Nicole M. Ways ever breaks her NDA she's gonna have some fucking stories to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.