Film recommendations, underrated films

Coonskin

Don't thank the felon, Keith
View attachment 3272

Takes place mostly in real time. Not very profound but it doesn't puss out and you'll probably brood afterwards.
Are you on ptp brotherman? This was neutral leech

Also a great movie
pz21ni.jpg

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Donal Logue!
The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard is one of the most quotable and funny movies I've ever seen. It was written by faggot Neal Brennan, but don't let that discourage you. It bombed at the box office but it's great.

Wanderlust: Paul Rudd and Jennifer Aniston eschew their upscale Manhattan lifestyle to go live in a hippie commune. It's really fuckin 'funny and stupid.

Overnight: Documentary about Troy Duffy, the guy who wrote and directed The Boondock Saints. Boondock Saints was, at one point, considered one of the hottest scripts in Hollywood. Troy was given an absurd advance, his band got a record deal to do the entire soundtrack, and Harvey Weinstein was gonna buy his bar and make Troy the co-owner. He then proceeded to completely fuck it all up. Boondock Saints finally gets to theaters and makes $20. It then goes on to become a cult classic and make millions in DVD/home video sales. Troy sees none of this money because of the way his contract was set up. It's not really a great documentary but the story behind it is so crazy it makes it worth watching. Boondock Saints fuckin' sucks a dick.

I want a part 2 to that documentary, because it didn't end there:

- He fights for years to get the rights back so he can make his sequel, and somehow he gets it done

- After that, his producer buddy croaks

- Then he does a GoFundMe for a Boondock Saints tv series after the third movie fails to get off the ground (strong Norton vibes there)

- And it seems he had a falling out with Flannery and Reedus. Got that confirmed through a Facebook post someone directed me to where Flannery straight up calls him on his shit, albeit vaguely, like a pussy.

That Duffy just can't behave. Fucking Irish.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Donal Logue!
Oh yeah, you wanted recs - The original Detour, Man In The Dark, Scarlet Street, and I highly recommend House of Bamboo.

AwfulManTitTankTop

"AnTi-swaTTing laws"
I want a part 2 to that documentary, because it didn't end there:

- He fights for years to get the rights back so he can make his sequel, and somehow he gets it done

- After that, his producer buddy croaks

- Then he does a GoFundMe for a Boondock Saints tv series after the third movie fails to get off the ground (strong Norton vibes there)

- And it seems he had a falling out with Flannery and Reedus. Got that confirmed through a Facebook post someone directed me to where Flannery straight up calls him on his shit, albeit vaguely, like a pussy.

That Duffy just can't behave. Fucking Irish.
I'd love to see that movie as well. Boondock Saints is a very cringey and shitty movie. Willem Dafoe hamming it the fuck up is the only reason to watch it as far as I'm concerned. But I related to Duffy more than I cared to admit in the doc. He was a brash Bostonian mick retard who had a dream and a script and went out to LA to see it to fruition. And he almost did. But Bostonians are such anti-social, drunken, fucking animals that he could never have hoped to adapt himself to a city like LA. Hence why all of his "meetings" with triple A actors were him getting hammered with them in his bar. He came from a different world and came into his new world with an inherent distrust of everyone around him. He also thought he had the greatest script in the world and not a brazen Tarantino rip off that happened to have been written when those were in very high demand.

I saw Boondock Saints II on opening night with my friend who was more Italian than Irish but acted like he was more Irish than I am. I saw one kid in line with juggalo face paint and rosary beads on. The movie sucked a dick. But I would love to see a follow up of Overnight outlining the details you describe.

AntSucks

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
There's a great early Luc Besson movie called Subway. It gets overlooked because he made English language movies afterwards, but it's definitely fun to watch. It's part of the "Cinema du Look" movement, a group of movies that have a particular kind of style that was old Hollywood mixed with young European, built around young alienated characters. That style was heavily ripped off by Hollywood in the 90s.

Check it out

DiarrheaDick

Get up here and shut up!
I love You Phillip Morris. It's a movie based on a "true story" about a con-man's escapades, including his multiple successful escapes from prison. It stars a very out-of-character Jim Carry, and I believe his only other movie where he isn't completely "Jim Carry" He plays a gay man, and there are a few scenes of softcore buttfucking and some deep mouth kissing so be careful if you're so homophobic you don't wipe your own bootyhole. I say "true story" since the movie apparently completely mixes up the timeliness events on purpose.

adaptation. Same guy who wrote Being John Malkovich. It's a mindfuck of a movie once you realize what you're actually watching. Nicholas Cage plays a nervous, sweating writer who wants to adapt a simple book into a movie, without all the typical Hollywood nonsense.

I'm on the fence with Lucky Number S7even. I'll say it tries way too hard to be Tarantino but still worth a watch just to judge it.

fenrir

Holding hands in a circle of N-words
There's a great early Luc Besson movie called Subway. It gets overlooked because he made English language movies afterwards, but it's definitely fun to watch. It's part of the "Cinema du Look" movement, a group of movies that have a particular kind of style that was old Hollywood mixed with young European, built around young alienated characters. That style was heavily ripped off by Hollywood in the 90s.

Check it out

It's a good movie, and it's also the only movie that Christopher Lambert is actually decent in.

"The Big Blue" is another early Besson worth checking out: