• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Atheist Hate Thread

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
Honest question, why would a God give the universe meaning? Just because he'd be the boss?
I think the "does existence have meaning?" question is a red herring. I don't know that it does, but I don't think that existence itself has to have some greater meaning behind it.

I think it's fairly obvious that, when you look at the majority of the world's population, and the even bigger number of those who have died up until this point... there really is a lot of meaninglessness among us. I don't think the world is immoral, but it's definitely mostly amoral. It's just there, hanging out. No different than animals, really.

Mc.Faggot

crumbum
Forum Clout
I think the "does existence have meaning?" question is a red herring. I don't know that it does, but I don't think that existence itself has to have some greater meaning behind it.

I think it's fairly obvious that, when you look at the majority of the world's population, and the even bigger number of those who have died up until this point... there really is a lot of meaninglessness among us. I don't think the world is immoral, but it's definitely mostly amoral. It's just there, hanging out. No different than animals, really.
I think it’s fairly obvious god created us as batteries for his front porch light and once we burn out he’ll just put in some new batteries

pretty sure we just do this over and over and over until all matter get vaped for whatever base electric charge it holds

then god just does it again

and im sure he toils for some greater battery

and you know who made that battery

you did

in a factory and know who owns the factory

a jewish dude

CuckQueen

On the Joe Cumia retirement plan.
Forum Clout

I'm just asking what makes you think a universe with God would be more meaningful. The only added meaning would be "Because God said so".

Imager

STFUYSN
Forum Clout
I'm just asking what makes you think a universe with God would be more meaningful. The only added meaning would be "Because God said so".
If there is no God, then humans define meaning.

If there is a God, God's definition of meaning is greater than man's.

Many Christians believe God created us to love us, despite our flaws. I get that. I love my kids despite their flaws. Plenty of meaning in that for me.

Mc.Faggot

crumbum
Forum Clout

God seems like a real trust the plan boomer

Anyone who believe in Christ is playing the long game, eternal life

But if God is already making this life wack, what makes you think he isn't gonna just keep dishing out the same abuse, seems like his followers are the most primed for it

And what are you gonna do, your in his after life, he'll send you to hell if you talk shit, suck that dick boy

Mc.Faggot

crumbum
Forum Clout

Many Christians believe God created us to love us, despite our flaws. I get that. I love my kids despite their flaws. Plenty of meaning in that for me.

I don't get how you loving your kids is a justification for god and not just narcissism

Imager

STFUYSN
Forum Clout
I don't get how you loving your kids is a justification for god and not just narcissism
Parents who are not Patrick S Tomlinson who actually love their kids tend to make sacrifices for them. To give them a better life than they themselves had.

Total opposite of narcissism.

But when narcissistic people have kids, ugh.

CuckQueen

On the Joe Cumia retirement plan.
Forum Clout

But humans would still be determining that meaning, or why God's opinion should matter more. People would still have to judge, apparently, if God existed, so they're just applying their own meaning. If God existed it wouldn't make him better, just stronger. I don't think be ruled by a king would make life more meaningful than anarchy. You still just get fucked by might makes right.

TehSamurai

Forum Clout
If God did show up in some visible, physical form and said "see? I exist" it wouldn't exactly be some violation of free will, but it would eliminate the purpose of free will that humans engage in to better themselves. If you could just snap your fingers and get in great shape and become an expert in physics, there would be no need to workout our study. Nobody is born great, they have to learn and work hard to achieve greatness. Life sucks sometimes, but if life weren't a challenge at all, you'd kill yourself out of dullness.
How is belief in God for no reason a part of self-improvement? That makes no sense to me.

Also, you're assuming that God has to come down to our level, or that he has to work in a way that's convenient for us. Why?
Why? Because he wants to communicate to US that he exists. That's why.
You don't believe in God, but you believe in logic. Why?
Because logic, as a tool, has revealed more truth than faith ever has. Belief in God has told us nothing about how the world works.
Logic itself isn't physical. There is no empirical, hard data to prove that logic exists.
"Logic" is a label given to a thought process. Why would one need to "prove" that logic exists? That doesn't make any sense.
You cannot be more logical than logic itself. That's how God works, it says it in the book.

John 1:1
En arkhêi ên ho lógos, kaì ho lógos ên pròs tòn theón, kaì theòs ên ho lógos
In the beginning was the word, and the word was unto God, and the word was God.

"Word" = Logos = Logic.
None of this makes sense.
He doesn't need us for anything. Who said that?
Great! So, I don't have any reason to believe then. It serves me no purpose, and God obviously doesn't care enough to convince me that he exists. If he doesn't care, I don't care.

Easily_Remembered

"And young. So young."
Forum Clout
To me, it's simple. If you can look at the prophecies of the last days as depicted in the New Testament - in particular the Book of Revelation - and NOT see it mirrored directly in our world today, right now; then nothing will ever convince you. Scripture is coming to life before our very eyes right now.

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
Because even if the universe itself was dead and meaningless, and we're just animals but superior to the other animals, we're the only ones (that we know of) that have a connection so something that is above anything conceivable and is beyond the physical. God is eternal and therefore is not subject to flux, and we're the only ones who can apprehend that to a degree.

If seeking that out is meaningless, then everything is meaningless. Family is meaningless. But I think it's the thing that has the most meaning of all.

But if God is already making this life wack, what makes you think he isn't gonna just keep dishing out the same abuse, seems like his followers are the most primed for it
God didn't fuck anything up. We did, and we do. He gives us free reign, and look at the results. But if we weren't free and flawed, then we'd be determined meat machines that follow programming. There's no meaning in that, and there's no reason for existence in that.

Snake

Forum Clout
To me, it's simple. If you can look at the prophecies of the last days as depicted in the New Testament - in particular the Book of Revelation - and NOT see it mirrored directly in our world today, right now; then nothing will ever convince you. Scripture is coming to life before our very eyes right now.
I've spoken with a devout Christian coworker and I told her I think the shot is the mark of the Beast and she feels it's something coming after.

How do you reconcile that? It's trying really fucking hard to be the MOB.

Of course this stupid bitch got the shot btw.

Easily_Remembered

"And young. So young."
Forum Clout
I've spoken with a devout Christian coworker and I told her I think the shot is the mark of the Beast and she feels it's something coming after.

I am a former youth minister, and I 100% believe that it's the Mark of the Beast. But my father in law, who's an active minister, doesn't believe that; he thinks that it's intended to prepare us for the Mark.

I don't know. It's a matter of faith, again. If they're trying to regulate our way of living and even our capability of feeding ourselves based upon our compliance - that sounds pretty much like the Mark of the Beast to me, and I am puzzled why others don't feel the same.

Either way, give unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and give unto God that which is God's. If it's NOT the Mark, you're still showing who you are obedient to by obtaining it.

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout

I don't know that it is or not - I saw your post come up quickly - but it seems weird that THE MARK would be something that they can just say isn't official after a period of time. You got your two jabs and the booster? Great! You can do this, and d-- oh wait, now you need the next one. Now your right to buy food is gone. So, does that mean you can lose The Mark?

I think The Mark is the chips in your right hand and/or head. Unless the face masks are the head part. They've been talking about this for years.

Mc.Faggot

crumbum
Forum Clout
God didn't fuck anything up. We did, and we do. He gives us free reign, and look at the results. But if we weren't free and flawed, then we'd be determined meat machines that follow programming. There's no meaning in that, and there's no reason for existence in that.

Stop letting god off the hook buddy

If I was god i would have said “no cancer or disease”

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
How does belief in God for no reason a part of self-improvement? That makes no sense to me.
If you have a yearning for knowledge, you can't just expect that knowledge to come down to your feet. It's like everything else, you have to work to accomplish things. Your argument is "well, if God doesn't come down here and slap me in the face, then he doesn't exist." That doesn't apply to any other abstraction in the universe. Misery and happiness exist because people see them manifested, but there's no concrete proof of them empirically.

Why? Because he wants to communicate to US that he exists. That's why.
So in your world, hot girls don't exist because they don't come up to you, but you have to go after them? A 10/10 doesn't exist because none of them came up to me and offered to suck my dick. I don't get your point.

Because logic, as a tool, has revealed more truth than faith ever has. Belief in God has told us nothing about how the world works.
"Logic" is a label given to a thought process. Why would one need to "prove" that logic exists? That doesn't make any sense.
You're correct that logic is a tool, but it is not a mere label for thoughts. Logic does not obey flux. It does not change. Humans change all the time, their thoughts change, and what they may think is "logical" one day is "illogical" the next. If "logic" is just a label for any given thought process, then things that are logical would sometimes be illogical, and vice versa.

You apprehend logic. Logic is not subjective. Things either work out, or they don't. Things are either done properly or improperly. Go ask a builder or engineer worth a fuck whether or not construction should be done in a subjective way or a tried-and-true methodical way.

None of this makes sense.
Just one of the translations of Logos is logic. Reason, rationality, language, consciousness - the list is far too long to rattle off. There are concepts that are abstractions that are a part of His essence. Animals run on instinct, not reason. If we ran on instinct without reason, we'd be fucked.

Great! So, I don't have any reason to believe then. It serves me no purpose, and God obviously doesn't care enough to convince me that he exists. If he doesn't care, I don't care.
Maybe he does care. But he's not some pussy who's going to hold some douchebag's hand because he's stubborn and doesn't even try.

TehSamurai

Forum Clout
People say that shit every decade. Any "prophecy" will apply if one looks hard enough.

Imager

STFUYSN
Forum Clout
Stop letting god off the hook buddy

If I was god i would have said “no cancer or disease”
This is why many people hate atheists. I don't think you're trying to find truth, or asking questions, instead you are just saying, "I have a view that's right, and you need to answer this and if you can't it just proves I'm right."

The most honest believers, when asked why there are stillborn kids, or why a 3 year old gets cancer, they'll say, "I don't know."

My pastor's first baby was born with essentially a bad heart. He said it ultimately made his faith stronger. But was he angry? Yes. Was he wanting answers from God? You bet.

Does he know why his baby was allowed to live briefly just to die? No, he doesn't.

But neither does any atheist.