• This forum is dedicated exclusively to parody, comedy, and satirical content. None of the statements, opinions, or depictions shared on this platform should be considered or treated as factual information under any circumstances. All content is intended for entertainment purposes only and should be regarded as fictional, exaggerated, or purely the result of personal opinions and creative expression.

Please be aware that this forum may feature discussions and content related to taboo, controversial, or potentially offensive subjects. The purpose of this content is not to incite harm but to engage in satire and explore the boundaries of humor. If you are sensitive to such subjects or are easily offended, we kindly advise that you leave the forum.

Any similarities to real people, events, or situations are either coincidental or based on real-life inspirations but used within the context of fair use satire. By accepting this disclaimer, you acknowledge and understand that the content found within this forum is strictly meant for parody, satire, and entertainment. You agree not to hold the forum, its administrators, moderators, or users responsible for any content that may be perceived as offensive or inappropriate. You enter and participate in this forum at your own risk, with full awareness that everything on this platform is purely comedic, satirical, or opinion-based, and should never be taken as factual information.

If any information or discussion on this platform triggers distressing emotions or thoughts, please leave immediately and consider seeking assistance.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA): Phone: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) Website: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

WWAWD NHL season?

Mr. Faggotry

The world’s expert on faggotry
I compare him right now to A-Rod in 2007. Steroids or not, like him or hate him, winning or not, he's possibly playing hockey better than any human ever has.

Are his numbers the best? No, not yet. Would they be if he was playing in the 80-90s? Of course they would be.

He's a freak dude. I'm a Bruins fan, but McDavid is the current/future of this league. And will be for a while.
You can’t take a player and plop him into a what if scenario from a different era. You can only measure how a player performs against his peers in any given era.

McDavid’s level of dominance isn’t in the same stratosphere as prime Gretzky shooting on 5’9” bums playing standup goalie. But everyone was shooting on those same bums and Gretzky was routinely outscoring 2nd place by 70-100 points per year.

Jenna

God ❤️s Fags
You can’t take a player and plop him into a what if scenario from a different era. You can only measure how a player performs against his peers in any given era.

McDavid’s level of dominance isn’t in the same stratosphere as prime Gretzky shooting on 5’9” bums playing standup goalie. But everyone was shooting on those same bums and Gretzky was routinely outscoring 2nd place by 70-100 points per year.

I really think technology and the internet changed sports in a permanent way, to the point where it's just completely different past a certain point.

It's like Rocky 4. Gretzky-era players are punching frozen cow carcasses in a butcher shop. McDavid-era players are hooked up to superior Russian equipment that measures every quantifiable metric you could measure. From scouting to development to coaching to simple game prep, you're not facing bums anymore. You face a well-oiled team every single night.

Mr. Faggotry

Sure you can.

Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell are not better than Shaq just because they dominated in the 60s. Nobody would argue this.

Johnny Unitas would not make a current college roster, let alone an NFL team.

McDavid is bigger, faster, stronger, and more skilled than guys were in the 80s-90s. This is a fact.

Now, if you want to debate whether he's specifically as skilled as Gretzky or Lemieux, then there's a debate to be had. Fine. I would disagree, but I'll admit there's an argument.

To say he's not already an all-time great sounds like weird hater horseshit. Unless he gets hurt, he'll be top 3-5 players all time. This isn't a Bryce Harper situation where he was crowned before playing a game - we have a sample size with McDavid to definitively say this guy's playing hockey at a level rarely if ever seen before.
We have a 60 game sample size of him playing at a higher level than ever in his career and the dominance isn’t on par with past greats versus their peers. McDrai aren’t going to be handed 5-3 PPs and an easy road to the finals, so the chance of him cementing himself as a top five player are slim at the moment. If he never wins a cup as the guy in Edmonton, he’ll never be in that discussion, regardless of his personal trophy case. Another Marcel Dionne.

Mr. Faggotry

I really think technology and the internet changed sports in a permanent way, to the point where it's just completely different past a certain point.

It's like Rocky 4. Gretzky-era players are punching frozen cow carcasses in a butcher shop. McDavid-era players are hooked up to superior Russian equipment that measures every quantifiable metric you could measure. From scouting to development to coaching to simple game prep, you're not facing bums anymore. You face a well-oiled team every single night.
So Ruth isn’t a GOAT because he was hitting significantly more dingers than anyone else during a time when he was facing ditch diggers and milk men?

This is where the logic is flawed because you’re penalizing past players for things they had zero control over and basically giving all considerations to present generation players.

GOATs are outliers regardless of what era they played in.

Mr. Faggotry

So if he doesn't play on the 80s Oilers, the greatest wagon of modern hockey, he can't be an all time player?

Dude, Trailer Park Boys had a joke that if Bubbles had played on their first line, he would've been a 40 goal scorer.

I'm sorry. You sound like a hater. McD is the most talented player I've ever seen. I'm not saying he's the greatest - that'd be like saying Lebron is greater than Jordan. But he's definitely the most athletically gifted and talented. I'm sorry you're so mad. I can't help you.
We're not playing baseball in the 20s when you could drink and smoke and eat hot dogs on the bench.

I don't care if Ruth is the GREATEST. I'm talking about the BEST.

McDavid is the best. I mean dude, it's like arguing Unitas is BETTER than Dan Marino.

I think we're talking about two different things.
Do you know what the G stands for in GOAT?

Mr. Faggotry

7CD5C4B3-E579-4E6B-B79C-3323798A63C2.jpeg

Jenna

God ❤️s Fags
So Ruth isn’t a GOAT because he was hitting significantly more dingers than anyone else during a time when he was facing ditch diggers and milk men?

This is where the logic is flawed because you’re penalizing past players for things they had zero control over and basically giving all considerations to present generation players.

I mean it's evolution happening before our very eyes. The conversation to be had is how dominant Ruth, Gretzky, Kareem would be if put through our modern professional athlete system, but that applies to everyone. Including the pitchers Ruth dominated, put them in the system and there's bound to be some Justin Verlander-level studs who never hit their full potential. Nolan Ryan would be RAPING batters if he had access to advanced stats.

Its fucking enraging when people put down old timers like Ruth. They played in an era where from the age of 5, the first thing every kid in America did when they went outside was start playing baseball. There werent all the other sports options or the option to stay inside. Even compared to the international era, the talent pool for baseball was insane and they were the greatest of that era. Not to mention they had zero data and played purely based on instinct unlike players now that just read a little card on their wristband

Bigsmooth

Fuck Sickos
Yeah but that wasn't my point.
My point was, there's needs to be a distinction between BEST of all time and GREATEST of all time.

Of course, the Babe is the greatest of all time.

But was he BETTER than a guy like Mike Trout?
Of course not.

My argument was that McDavid is the BEST of all time, not the greatest.
Only Canadians should be giving opinions

Mr. Faggotry

Orr (a Boston God) played in a league with... 12 teams?
Gretzky was on the undisputed greatest first line of all time.

There has to be room for discussion. We're not in the 70s-80s anymore.
Lemieux would already be at 150 points in todays league. In the height of the dead puck era, a 37 year old Gretzky had 90 points in 82 games. Lemieux came back after missing three seasons at the age of 35 and scored 76 points in 43 games and nearly a PPG in the playoffs.

You’re treating these guys like they played 100 years ago against bums. Both guys would be top three players today in a league that has only gotten softer and more wide open than the entire 90s.

Last edited:

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Canes wearing their Whalers throwbacks today against the Bruins ... fawk I'm gettin emotional.

Arguably the best throwback uniforms in sports.
Speaking on uniforms. Fanatics now being the supplier of jerseys/sweaters for the next 10 years is going to be a shitshow. Fanatics stinks. The amount of low effort fuck up s coming from fanatics its wild.

1679865132739.png

1679865226658.png