WWAWD NHL season?

G

- Bruins playing historical hockey. Fastest team ever to 100 points, already more than doubled the next-closest team's differential. Can't seem to lose games they should clearly be losing.
Who will they lose to in the second round?

- Conor McDavid possibly playing hockey at a level never before matched by a human. Even Wayne Gretzky. This kid is a fucking monster.

- What do we think of southern fanbases like Nashville, Florida, Carolina, and Tampa, who have good teams but aren't hockey cities? Their fanbases are made of mostly northeast transplants and pink hats (as we call them in Boston).

G

Youngest player ever to be elected team captain at 18. He's a fucking beast. He makes everyone on his team look like all-stars because he's an incredible passer, but when he takes control he can score on anyone. 1 vs 3 - he will score on the opponent. He's the best I've ever seen, that includes Gretzky, Ovechkin, all of them.
He's the next generation of hockey and he's 26.

[MEDIA=youtube]m3jQyFcxs_c[/MEDIA]

G

Caps punched out and so have I.

Teams in Florida, Arizona, Texas, etc. are an abomination. I’d rather they toss the Stanley Cup in a smelter than hand it to the Tampa Bay Lightning.

G

It's not even fucking close. Pasta is the best Bruins player we've had in 40 years, and he's a mile behind McDavid. The kid is a machine.

Screenshot_20230304-211105.png

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
I'm a happy Bruins fan.

Ullmark is having such an amazing season.

His goal the other night had my miserable ass smiling. The bench was smiling. The announcers laughing. Even the fans cheering even though it was the visiting goalie scoring on an empty net, they were enjoying themselves.

I love hockey.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Yeah and the Jews at NESN make it so you can't watch the games on YouTube TV. Fuck John Henry and Fenway Sports Group.
I'm sorry but quit being cheap and sign up for ESPN+ and you can pretty much get every NHL game that's on.

I watch the Bruins just about every night and you can choose which teams feed you want to watch.

I stick with the Bruins feed (NESN) all the time.

G

Avs probably aren't gonna repeat, but I can live with that. I'm not a retard who thinks the team I like should win every year. Last season was a blast and they lost some key guys. Oh well, shit happens. I'd like to see them at least get to the second round and be competitive. I think that's reasonable.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
I don't follow hockey close at all anymore and I acknowledge the game has changed significantly since the 80's but those stats don't sniff Gretzky. They barely touch his rookie/early year stats, let alone his prime (which, after eight seasons, you'd have to say McDavid is now in)

He's on pace to have as many points as Gretzky had assists in '85-86.
Even Gretzky has acknowledged how privileged he was to play when he did because of how much the game has changed.

He's such a humble person.

Duxbury Dave

The Ringleader
I'm sorry but quit being cheap and sign up for ESPN+ and you can pretty much get every NHL game that's on.

I watch the Bruins just about every night and you can choose which teams feed you want to watch.

I stick with the Bruins feed (NESN) all the time.
I'm not cheap. I have ESPN+ but didnt know I could get all the games. Thanks for letting me know.

Rascal

WWAWD Kane and Tarasenko being invisible so far with the Rangers? I know it takes time to get acclimatized to a new team, but Kane has sucked with the Blackhawks too. First round exit coming up against the Devils.

Jenna

God ❤️s Fags
The spiteful bitch in me wants Boston to breeze through the East only to get beaten by someone boring like Colorado or Dallas.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
They're more likely to get bounced by Tampa in the 2nd round.
If we make the Finals, we win. I'd just be surprised if we get there.
Yup. I'm always weary of the Lightning. They know the Bruins too well.

It's so weird how the Lightning and Bruins have just a big a rivalry as the Sox and Rays.

fusciasomething

Jacques De Gautier
The spiteful bitch in me wants Boston to breeze through the East only to get beaten by someone boring like Colorado or Dallas.
I'm biased but I don't know how you think Colorado is boring? If Minnesota somehow comes out of the west I honestly won't be able to watch, they are boring as shit. I kind of want the Canes to come out of the east even though I don't like Rod "The Bod" Brind'Amour, greasy fuck.