WWAWD NHL season?

Jenna

God ❤️s Fags
I'm biased but I don't know how you think Colorado is boring? If Minnesota somehow comes out of the west I honestly won't be able to watch, they are boring as shit. I kind of want the Canes to come out of the east even though I don't like Rod "The Bod" Brind'Amour, greasy fuck.

I'm not talking about hockey style, more about how defending/recent champs are always boring unless you're a fan of the team.

fusciasomething

Jacques De Gautier
This shit is on HULU???

The NHL is the most mismanaged sports league in the world. It should be the world's most popular sport, if only for the fact it's a bunch of toothless Nordic, Rus, and Canadian lunkheads hitting each other with wooden sticks - ON SKATES. But no, we have to make this shit impossible to watch.

I live in Boston. Why isn't this on TELEVISION.

I apologize. I'm having a BroJoe moment.
:image_9247:
It's on ESPN+ if you can get around the blackout right?

This shit is on HULU???

The NHL is the most mismanaged sports league in the world. It should be the world's most popular sport, if only for the fact it's a bunch of toothless Nordic, Rus, and Canadian lunkheads hitting each other with wooden sticks - ON SKATES. But no, we have to make this shit impossible to watch.

To me I think it’s that most people dont grow up playing it. When I watch football/baseball I know every single aspect of the game and whats going on. Hockey, as cool as I think it is, I really dont know what the hell is going on or why anyone does anything.

I couldnt tell you when its appropriate to ice the puck and all that stuff. But unlike other faggots, I dont bloviate about what the league should do about rules and shit.
Nothing I hate more than when people who just started watching football/baseball start chiming in about how they should change the game.

Jenna

God ❤️s Fags
Dynasties are good for all sports. People either watch to see them win or loose. Your personal preference not withstanding, that's the general rule.

Baseball is more popular when the Yankees are dominant.
Basketball is more popular when the Lakers are dominant.
Hockey is more popular when an Original 6 or dynasty team is dominant.
College football is more popular when Notre Dame is dominant.

Know what I'm sayin, budday?

I mean I could give a shit about TV ratings. I would much more rather have seen Allen or Burrow leads the Bills or Bengals to their first Super Bowl than to have Mahomes get another ring.

Baseball has become who has the deepest pockets, basketball lives and dies on elite top-shelf talent, all Notre Dame fans are faggots, and hockey is way way way more fun when a team makes a Cinderella run. I can't stand the fucking Capitals but I was tearing up seeing how emotional Ovi got when he finally won the Cup.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
This shit is on HULU???

It's on Hulu because Hulu includes ESPN+ and ESPN+ broadcasts either the home or away feed, your choice.

Jenna

God ❤️s Fags
No I know what you mean, that's why I stipulated "your preference not withstanding."

If you are a real sports fan in a shit market or in a place without a team, you'd root for the most interesting storyline of that particular season.

But if you grew up in a market with historic teams, you probably want the more historic teams involved at the end because it effects how your team stacks up, whether they're involved or not.

When I moved from Boston to New Mexico for grad school, I was shocked at how those vagrants pick what teams they root for season to season. My buddy from NY down there and I would just shake our heads at the local sports bar. It's chaos. Everyone rooting for everyone.
I guess it depends on where you grew up.

I grew up in a market with historic teams, I never felt a weird support for other major cities. Nobody outside of New England was happy with the Brady/Belicheck dynasty. Nobody outside Alabama is cheering for Nick Saban. Unless you're a bandwagon fan that changes allegiances at the drop of a hat, like your New Mexico friends. Bless anyone that can't take a $40 uber from your house to their home stadium.

I don't think there's a single Lakers fan upset that the Cavaliers are looking like a playoff team but the historic Chicago Bulls aren't.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
No I know what you mean, that's why I stipulated "your preference not withstanding."

If you are a real sports fan in a shit market or in a place without a team, you'd root for the most interesting storyline of that particular season.

But if you grew up in a market with historic teams, you probably want the more historic teams involved at the end because it effects how your team stacks up, whether they're involved or not.

When I moved from Boston to New Mexico for grad school, I was shocked at how those vagrants pick what teams they root for season to season. My buddy from NY down there and I would just shake our heads at the local sports bar. It's chaos. Everyone rooting for everyone.
I guess it depends on where you grew up.
Growing up in the Boston area will spoil you. All 4 of the major sports teams are original teams to their respective sports.

The only other market that can compare is the NY market.

It's why NESN YES and MSG still exist. Other regional sports networks have all but disappeared.

Jenna

God ❤️s Fags
Well now that you put it that way, maybe I'm just a Masshole sports fan. I root for the thoroughbreds. If Boston's not in the final, Inroot for the more storied franchise, unless I already hate them. I like haves, not have-nots.

If we can start over, just disregard my take. I'm from Boston.

Yeah if you're northeast of Penn State and have even a drop of Irish blood in you, you become a Notre Dame fan.

Although I do have a buddy who went to an SEC school and there's this weird elitist vibe among them. Like even if my team doesn't win the national championship, at least Bama or Georgia won which validates my school's placement in the best conference of all. For that reason and that reason alone I love it when an Ohio State or Clemson comes along and fucks up your precious SEC.

Mr. Faggotry

The world’s expert on faggotry
McDavid is a faggot and was anointed as a top 5 player way too early. This season is finally proving that he might get there one day but he still hasn’t scored more points than Kucherov’s highest year, yet..

Draisaitl is a dirty fag, McDavid has zero personality and everyone has a list a mile long of excuses of why they never win. Goaltending sucks? Holland buys them the best FA goalie. Needs better linemates? Gets E. Kane, and Zach Hyman (Jew!) but you will still hear about how the guy has no help.

I am semi hard at the thought of them losing again while millions of Canadians put on their thinking caps about why McBackcheck couldn’t win games 8-7 on the way to a cup.

G

NHL and NBA have the same problem in they they made their regular seasons absolutely meaningless

Jenna

God ❤️s Fags
McDavid is a faggot and was anointed as a top 5 player way too early. This season is finally proving that he might get there one day but he still hasn’t scored more points than Kucherov’s highest year, yet..

Draisaitl is a dirty fag, McDavid has zero personality and everyone has a list a mile long of excuses of why they never win. Goaltending sucks? Holland buys them the best FA goalie. Needs better linemates? Gets E. Kane, and Zach Hyman (Jew!) but you will still hear about how the guy has no help.

I am semi hard at the thought of them losing again while millions of Canadians put on their thinking caps about why McBackcheck couldn’t win games 8-7 on the way to a cup.

This post is like Bam hating other women. Only a syrup-drinking Canadian can hate McDavid with this passion.

Mr. Faggotry

The world’s expert on faggotry
This post is like Bam hating other women. Only a syrup-drinking Canadian can hate McDavid with this passion.
Not a Canadian. Just can’t stand how quickly people were making McDavid out to be better than guys like Jagr, who is firmly in the top ten all time.

This is the first season of his career where he’s significantly outpacing everyone else, including Draisaitl. He’s doing it in a way that is comparable to guys like Jagr, Lemieux and Gretzky. Previously he was winning scoring races by 5 points and everyone was making it out to be utter dominance, which is ridiculous.

Jenna

God ❤️s Fags
Not a Canadian. Just can’t stand how quickly people were making McDavid out to be better than guys like Jagr, who is firmly in the top ten all time.

This is the first season of his career where he’s significantly outpacing everyone else, including Draisaitl. He’s doing it in a way that is comparable to guys like Jagr, Lemieux and Gretzky. Previously he was winning scoring races by 5 points and everyone was making it out to be utter dominance, which is ridiculous.

Penguins fan are we?

1678055341185861.jpg

G

That makes sense, unless the Avs find a magic health potion I don't think they're getting to the SCF
Yeah, I'm with you. I don't think Landeskog is gonna play at all this year, playoffs included. And missing guys like Manson and Helm has hurt more than I expected. Georgiev has been a pleasant surprise though, and as long as Makar and MacKinnon are around, the Avs have a window.