• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW Hollywood losing half a trillion in 2022

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Forum Clout
Go to the vibrant cinema and consume grotesque kike propanda, goy.

This scene did it for me, many years ago. Its so fucking insulting. Capeshit level Tomlinson. A fucking crane truck? Really?

That movie was so fucking bad. I know all of them after T2 are in one way or another but it was fucking garbage. That actress who played the female terminator was terrible. Just fucking charismaless and she wasn't even really hot.

One of the only things I remember about that movie was 60 year old Arnold having some kind of weird robot dementia meltdown towards the end and punching the front of car.

Uncle Floyd

Nice try, Floyd.
Forum Clout
That movie was so fucking bad. I know all of them after T2 are in one way or another but it was fucking garbage. That actress who played the female terminator was terrible. Just fucking charismaless and she wasn't even really hot.

One of the only things I remember about that movie was 60 year old Arnold having some kind of weird robot dementia meltdown towards the end and punching the front of car.
Don't they go to a cemetery and pick up a cache of weapons in Sarah Conner's grave, too?

I paid to see that movie.......

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
I think it depends on that one actor. Tom Cruise or Arnold Schwarzenegger? Sure. They have fans. That type of star is becoming rarer in Hollywood. Do you care which Chris actor (Evans, Pine, Pratt, Hemsworth) stars in a film?
I was just talking with my dad and his wife about this over Christmas, the list of real movie stars is becoming very short. Pretty much could only name Tom Cruise. They had just seen the most recent George Clooney / Julia Roberts movie and said it was shit and those used to be two actors who were guaranteed box office gold. Other than Cruise I’d say Mark Wahlberg, maybe Kevin Hart but after that it’s tough to get people to see a movie in theaters unless it’s some built in audience movie (marvel / Star Wars / etc)

Cruise is still a global star and knows to only talk about whatever movie he’s doing and nothing else - no opinions no politics - just whatever movie he’s promoting. Even guys that had streaks for over a decade like Will Smith aren’t even what they used to be. Even guys like Johnny Depp only had hits with pirates movies, all his other stuff flopped.

Last edited:

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Cruise, definitely, brother. There isn't another male in Hollywood that can pull the money he does on purely name recognition.

Arnold is an old mummy that became a femmy faggot. He's only put out bombs since he got out of politics. He personally is responsible for how shitty Terminator became.
Arnold’s manager / agents begged him DO NOT go into politics, especially as a Republican because it would make half the country not like him anymore and would no longer be the box office hit. Arnold really believed “but everybody loves me” and politics wouldn’t hurt him. He was wrong.

G

Arnold’s manager / agents begged him DO NOT go into politics, especially as a Republican because it would make half the country not like him anymore and would no longer be the box office hit. Arnold really believed “but everybody loves me” and politics wouldn’t hurt him. He was wrong.
People don’t hate him, they love him on Reddit even though he’s a Republican

HH Brother

I wanna fuck you up the ass, funster.
Forum Clout
And now he's only doing shit to pay alimony, brother. All those chemicals turned him into a woman.

Jenna

The Mix 94.9 $3000 Fugitive
Forum Clout
Top Gun Maverick kinda sucked, I don't know why everyone is praising the shit out of it. Val Kilmer's in one scene, Ed Harris is in one scene, the Jennifer Connelly romance went nowhere. Was there supposed to be a love triangle between Miles Teller, the cocky blonde guy and the one female student with speaking lines?

Worst of all, they hire Jason Mendoza but make him a fucking background extra? Did he refuse to blow Tom in his trailer or something?

HH Brother

Forum Clout
Top Gun Maverick kinda sucked, I don't know why everyone is praising the shit out of it. Val Kilmer's in one scene, Ed Harris is in one scene, the Jennifer Connelly romance went nowhere. Was there supposed to be a love triangle between Miles Teller, the cocky blonde guy and the one female student with speaking lines?

Worst of all, they hire Jason Mendoza but make him a fucking background extra? Did he refuse to blow Tom in his trailer or something?
I think it's looked at the way it is from the simple fact it didn't try to be anything but an action movie, brother. I watched it again recently and it didn't have the same impact. But it's still pretty good for a long after the fact sequel when you look at other attempts.

Jennifer Connelly's chin tuck or whatever was distracting, brother.

HeyItsVos

Forum Clout
Arnold is an old mummy that became a femmy faggot. He's only put out bombs since he got out of politics. He personally is responsible for how shitty Terminator became.
I totally agree. But I heard Terminator Genesis actually did better overseas just because his name was the selling point. There are still people out there that think he brings something to a film.

HeyItsVos

Forum Clout
I was just talking with my dad and his wife about this over Christmas, the list of real movie stars is becoming very short. Pretty much could only name Tom Cruise. They had just seen the most recent George Clooney / Julia Roberts movie and said it was shit and those used to be two actors who were guaranteed box office gold. Other than Cruise I’d say Mark Wahlberg, maybe Kevin Hart but after that it’s tough to get people to see a movie in theaters unless it’s some built in audience movie (marvel / Star Wars / etc)

Cruise is still a global star and knows to only talk about whatever movie he’s doing and nothing else - no opinions no politics - just whatever movie he’s promoting. Even guys that had streaks for over a decade like Will Smith aren’t even what they used to be. Even guys like Johnny Depp only had hits with pirates movies, all his other stuff flopped.
I was having this conversation recently too. Brad Pitt was brought up, but I think that train movie he did this summer just came and went.

Jenna

The Mix 94.9 $3000 Fugitive
Forum Clout
I think it's looked at the way it is from the simple fact it didn't try to be anything but an action movie, brother. I watched it again recently and it didn't have the same impact. But it's still pretty good for a long after the fact sequel when you look at other attempts.

Jennifer Connelly's chin tuck or whatever was distracting, brother.

Maybe I'd have enjoyed it more if it was marketed as a solid action movie and not OH MY GOD THE BEST FILM IN YEARS.

Like the fucking scene where Jon Hamm takes over for Maverick and of course changes all the mission protocols. Cut to the students whispering concerned "that's gonna leave us as sitting ducks!" "Maverick's way is better!" Then immediately cut to Maverick in a Jet doing the flight his way.

Don't even get me started on Glass Onion. Knives Out was a fun little whodunit that kept you guessing, the only good part of Glass Onion is Kate Hudson acting like a bimbo.

G

Say even again, stupit

HH Brother

Forum Clout
I totally agree. But I heard Terminator Genesis actually did better overseas just because his name was the selling point. There are still people out there that think he brings something to a film.
Yeah I think I remember China saving it, brother. It's why they cut blacks out of posters in the overseas markets because they rightly hate them and even in some cases edit them out of films entirely.

But still, he hasn't been a box office draw in 30 years. He's Steve Seagal with better movies in his early career. Stallone at least has a couple good films later in life.

Rambo was great, brother.

HH Brother

Forum Clout
Maybe I'd have enjoyed it more if it was marketed as a solid action movie and not OH MY GOD THE BEST FILM IN YEARS.

Like the fucking scene where Jon Hamm takes over for Maverick and of course changes all the mission protocols. Cut to the students whispering concerned "that's gonna leave us as sitting ducks!" "Maverick's way is better!" Then immediately cut to Maverick in a Jet doing the flight his way.

Don't even get me started on Glass Onion. Knives Out was a fun little whodunit that kept you guessing, the only good part of Glass Onion is Kate Hudson acting like a bimbo.
Yeah I hear ya, brother. It's very spoonfed dialogue like the audience is retarded, and they are. The only thing I liked about it in the rewatch was that I know over 90% of the shots in the cockpits is actually them in F18s. You can see the money they put into it. And then you see some capeshit film and the entire thing is them on a greenscreen soundstage.

HH Brother

Forum Clout
It's been 40 years since Rocky III. You don't have to keep sucking his dick, Hulkster.

Those residual checks pay for Aria, brother.

You guys are giving Tom Cruise too much credit, he hasn't been a box office stalwart for the last decade. Rock of Ages, Edge of Tomorrow, The Mummy reboot, Oblivion, American Made and Jack Reacher 2 all under-performed domestically relative to their budget and marketing costs. His two biggest hits were returning to familiar, established roles: Ethan Hunt in Mission Impossible and Maverick in Top Gun.

Franchises and IPs are the "A-Listers" now and are way bigger indicators of financial success than any individual participants.

While that's true, brother. He's the only one that can crack a billion by himself. People like comfortable films they already know. It's why it's endless remakes and sequels.

G

You guys are giving Tom Cruise too much credit, he hasn't been a box office stalwart for the last decade. Rock of Ages, Edge of Tomorrow, The Mummy reboot, Oblivion, American Made and Jack Reacher 2 all under-performed domestically relative to their budget and marketing costs. His two biggest hits were returning to familiar, established roles: Ethan Hunt in Mission Impossible and Maverick in Top Gun.

Franchises and IPs are the "A-Listers" now and are way bigger indicators of financial success than any individual participants.
He was the worst choice for Reacher (he bought the rights so chose himself.) The character is a giant in the books. The guy in the Amazon series was a much better fit.

As others have said, Cruise is really the last movie star. No one else is on his level for global brand recognition. I don't think I've seen a MI after the first or second one, but he has kept that franchise going single-handedly. Maverick was also a welcome popcorn flick without any woke shit. Personally, I'd like to see him do more dramatic work. He should have won an Oscar for Born and was great in Magnolia, Jerry Maguire etc.

Whatever you want to say about the guy, you've got to love him for stuff like this
[MEDIA=youtube]8ujdJf7nnCM[/MEDIA]
The guy is a lunatic, but talk about commitment to the job

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout

That is true but it is impressive how many mission impossible movies they’ve done and are still doing. I more meant he’s still a global star, even his so-so movies do well in other countries except that Mummy remake which was meant to launch a whole series of classic horror film remakes with people like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, etc. I thought Mission Impossible was done by the 3rd but now it’s like Fast and Furious which seems to just make money. I was going to list the Rock but Black Adam did not do the numbers they thought, people are getting tired of him.