• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW getting rid of subscription services and buying physical dvd’s/CDs again?

TorqueWheeler

An enormous amount of muscle.
Forum Clout
We got my two year old a little portable suitcase record player for his birthday a few weeks ago. He was obsessed with mine which is great, except he wanted me to hold him up so he could take records on and off over and drop and pick up the needle and turn them over rinse repeat for like an hour on end. Apparently he outgrew the toy Fisher Price one we got him for his first birthday.

Funny thing happened the other day, actually two:

1. Saw a listing for tons of free records on Craigslist. Went to the address, turned out to be a record store I'd never heard of on the other side of town. I figured I'd get some I could just give the two year old to use with his player and scratch the shit out of or whatever. The dude had a table outside with a few crates of records on it, so I start digging through them. Eventually a black dude shows up and starts digging through them too. I had been stacking the ones I was taking next to me til I ran into:

51kDFYnSgmL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Which I of course wanted, but didn't want the brother who had just flipped through it see me put it on top of my pile, so I had to do a bit of shuffling.

I wound up with a box of shitloads of polka/old jewish stand up, Captain and Tennille, Tom Jones, etc stuff I could let the kid fuck with(also Johnny Rivers Live, which is for me).

2. The rest of my family is watching some stupid new show with Ed Norton on Netfligs and I happen to catch this climactic end scene. I make fun of their show and move on.
The next morning, the baby goes to the box of random records from that place, puts one on the record player and goes right to the song from the end of there show the night before, Mona Lisa by Andy Williams. I don't think it was even track one on either side. oooooooo creeeeeepyyyyyy
Sounds like a solid haul. Raising that kid right.

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Forum Clout
You’re having a pretty creepy week.

Are you the one that put the Andy Williams song in that dumb show?

Follow up question: did you put that ad for the free records on Craigslist and then set up a temporary record store with one copy of Andy Williams in the free bins? Will that store still be there if I go back? Now that I think about it, there was a copy of my bands record in that store too.....Imma sleep with the lights on tonight

TorqueWheeler

Forum Clout
Are you the one that put the Andy Williams song in that dumb show?

Follow up question: did you put that ad for the free records on Craigslist and then set up a temporary record store with one copy of Andy Williams in the free bins? Will that store still be there if I go back? Now that I think about it, there was a copy of my bands record in that store too.....Imma sleep with the lights on tonight
Who knows, bud. Keep one eye open.

Dusty Dan

Forum Clout
I think I appreciated my albums more when they were physical copies. I love going through the vinyl I got off my dad and the few records that I've bought myself. I had hundreds of CDs back in the day and would spend hours going through the sleeve notes. If an album was bad then tough shit, you would either grow to love it or just accept that you'd wasted your hard earned money.

G

I’d rather get punched in the face than watch a DVD these days. Ultra HD or GTFO unless it’s a great movie that doesn’t have a 4K disc yet and doing that would require an enormous amount of HD storage.
Definitely. I got a UHD player right before Covid, and I've been an annoying hipster faggot about it ever since. I just got the For a Few Dollars More 4K, really looking forward to that one.

DiarrheaDick

Get up here and shut up!
Forum Clout
My son asked for a record player for Christmas I thought he was kidding
Walmart actually keeps some vinyl on the shelf. I remember seeing a Led Zeppelin album (of course) and Nirvana, but I got distracted at the $30-$40 price tag. I imagine they're just cheap transfers from digital which defeats one of the purposes of using vinyl in the first place, not to mention any player you get off the shelf would be trash on top of that. I'm waiting for cassettes and VHS's to start popping up on the shelf again since those were SOOOO great when they were still in use.

TorqueWheeler

Forum Clout
I’m still waiting for you to green light my Patrick S Tomlinson biopic. Working title is “Report and Block.” Thanks and looking forward to working with ya
Still waiting for a screenplay. Preferably first draft with absolutely no revisions or proof reading whatsoever. Just to keep it Patcentric.