• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW getting rid of subscription services and buying physical dvd’s/CDs again?

💩💩💩💩

maybe kiss you
Forum Clout
I joined the megalinks gang a long time ago and prefer it to torrents. I like jellyfin over plex. Always had stupid transcoding issues with plex

Duxbury Dave

The Ringleader
Forum Clout
I'm all in with physical media and always have been. I do the streaming shit too though, of course. I've personally put time into ensuring movies I've worked on got stellar 4K releases. The peasants who can't appreciate it can tongue my balls if you'll pardon my French.
Holy shit, I finally figured it out. I know who TF you are!!

You're freaking Nicolas Cage. HAHAHA HOLEE SHIT!! I loved you in Raising Arizona, Nic!!!
Screenshot_20230328-181618_Chrome.jpg
03c4f8fa-31a0-446c-b18d-697bb360d6bf_c2dcaaca.jpg

Carl Winslow

I'm not a Fed
Forum Clout
BluRay was always a fucking joke. Than they made it you had to watch the intro of the fucking disc without skipping through it.

I havn't used my DVD player in fucking years. I just have amazon and barley use that. I hate movies and TV shows

G

I cbf putting the disc in, and I am not just saying that because I'm used to streaming. Even as a kid I wished there was just a way to view movies, tv etc without having to physically do shit.

Is there a way to rip DVDs onto your computer? I'm talking commentaries etc as well. Then you could just have everything on your PC.

TorqueWheeler

An enormous amount of muscle.
Forum Clout
I cbf putting the disc in, and I am not just saying that because I'm used to streaming. Even as a kid I wished there was just a way to view movies, tv etc without having to physically do shit.

Is there a way to rip DVDs onto your computer? I'm talking commentaries etc as well. Then you could just have everything on your PC.
I've never done it but you can. There was (maybe still is) a site called isohunt where people would post full DVD rips back in the day. VLC will play them.

Udders

Great food
Forum Clout

Of course there is dude, this is the internet. Several programs can do that for you. Audiomuxer or DVD Audio Extractor have features that can do what you need.

G

Of course there is dude, this is the internet. Several programs can do that for you. Audiomuxer or DVD Audio Extractor have features that can do what you need.
So why doesn't everyone in this thread do that? Digitize your DVDs so you have them all together for easy watching.

TorqueWheeler

An enormous amount of muscle.
Forum Clout
So why doesn't everyone in this thread do that? Digitize your DVDs so you have them all together for easy watching.
I’d rather get punched in the face than watch a DVD these days. Ultra HD or GTFO unless it’s a great movie that doesn’t have a 4K disc yet and doing that would require an enormous amount of HD storage.

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Forum Clout
My son asked for a record player for Christmas I thought he was kidding

We got my two year old a little portable suitcase record player for his birthday a few weeks ago. He was obsessed with mine which is great, except he wanted me to hold him up so he could take records on and off over and drop and pick up the needle and turn them over rinse repeat for like an hour on end. Apparently he outgrew the toy Fisher Price one we got him for his first birthday.

Funny thing happened the other day, actually two:

1. Saw a listing for tons of free records on Craigslist. Went to the address, turned out to be a record store I'd never heard of on the other side of town. I figured I'd get some I could just give the two year old to use with his player and scratch the shit out of or whatever. The dude had a table outside with a few crates of records on it, so I start digging through them. Eventually a black dude shows up and starts digging through them too. I had been stacking the ones I was taking next to me til I ran into:

51kDFYnSgmL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Which I of course wanted, but didn't want the brother who had just flipped through it see me put it on top of my pile, so I had to do a bit of shuffling.

I wound up with a box of shitloads of polka/old jewish stand up, Captain and Tennille, Tom Jones, etc stuff I could let the kid fuck with(also Johnny Rivers Live, which is for me).

2. The rest of my family is watching some stupid new show with Ed Norton on Netfligs and I happen to catch this climactic end scene. I make fun of their show and move on.
The next morning, the baby goes to the box of random records from that place, puts one on the record player and goes right to the song from the end of their show the night before, Mona Lisa by Andy Williams. I don't think it was even track one on either side. oooooooo creeeeeepyyyyyy

Last edited: