• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW getting rid of subscription services and buying physical dvd’s/CDs again?

TorqueWheeler

An enormous amount of muscle.
Forum Clout
What’s really fucked is those ridiculous rights payments don’t even go to the people who actually made the music, or they get scraps of it, the lions share go to (((some executive or producer))) who couldn’t play a single chord or write a single line of dialogue.
I'd like to say let's not attack the executives/producers too much here... but yeah. I'm comfortable in this because I've done both of those things for money in the past but I can say that licensing music can be insanely expensive too. You want a 15 second clip of a Stones song in your movie? Better have $30k ready to go if they don't particularly like the idea.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
I'd like to say let's not attack the executives/producers too much here... but yeah. I'm comfortable in this because I've done both of those things for money in the past but I can say that licensing music can be insanely expensive too. You want a 15 second clip of a Stones song in your movie? Better have $30k ready to go if they don't particularly like the idea.

Pewdiepie played some song on his YouTube channel, he sang it and played acoustic, and they claimed the full videos revenue. That shit is fucking insane.

There’s a good video out there from some dude who’s songs went Tiktok viral and he’s explaining how he owns all the rights so made millions and how he had to keep telling parasitical record executives to fuck off. They kept demanding he sign for them and if he didn’t they’d ruin his career etc. They’re fucking scum. They actually feel entitled to someone’s music revenue because it’s “how it’s done” normally.

TorqueWheeler

Forum Clout
Pewdiepie played some song on his YouTube channel, he sang it and played acoustic, and they claimed the full videos revenue. That shit is fucking insane.

There’s a good video out there from some dude who’s songs went Tiktok viral and he’s explaining how he owns all the rights so made millions and how he had to keep telling parasitical record executives to fuck off. They kept demanding he sign for them and if he didn’t they’d ruin his career etc. They’re fucking scum. They actually feel entitled to someone’s music revenue because it’s “how it’s done” normally.
When I was in college I worked as a session guitarist to make money and the fucking bullshit music industry cunts try to play would boil your piss. I also had a band and several offers to sign with labels but I'm really glad I just waited and ended up doing something slightly less shitty where I'm the parasite.

Wa4892

Forum Clout
Timing of this couldn't be more perfect. Two weeks ago I got my old stereo, with turntable and surround sound along with a combo DVD/VHS player I had and set it all up in an extra room in my house. I've been having a great time with it.

Going back to my early teens, I had what can best be described as an addiction to mail order Record and CD clubs. The percentage of my paper route money that went to Columbia House, RCA and BMG would probably be enough to get me institutionalized today.

TorqueWheeler

Forum Clout
[THIS IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES AND FOR WHATEVER IS LEGAL IN YOUR JURISDICTION ETC. etc.. etc. whatever I don't know where you guys live]

You don't have to host all that shit. It will take like 1-2 hours on youtube to set up the *arr suite (clever huh). it's pretty simple if everything is hosted. You need these pieces of software to start and there are more integrations as well.

Jackett: Meta indexer for torrent sites / prowlarr (probably better) https://github.com/Prowlarr/Prowlarr
Radarr: Manages your movie library
Sonarr: Manages your TV library
Lidarr: Manages your music ilbrary

google "Seedboxes with plex" or something

The seedbox should have these as literally a one-button install as a plugin or something.

The high level set up is :

Sonarr/Radarr/Lidarr [search the gui for what you want ] ---> uses the creds from prowlar ---> adds the torrent to the client (deluge/rtorent/transmission etc) --> plex picks up the folder --- > connect to the plex gui

The benefit of jackett or prowlarr is you can use it with private torrents. You copy your auth cookie, or something like that depending on the torrent site.

There are a few annoying things to work out. I have to look into https://github.com/morpheus65535/bazarr , because subtitles are a bit annoying with plex.

You could pay someone on fivver like a hundred bucks to set it up for you if you really are that boomerish with tech.
I use Plex every day. Highly recommend it as long as it's not used for anything I've worked on.

TorqueWheeler

Forum Clout
Timing of this couldn't be more perfect. Two weeks ago I got my old stereo, with turntable and surround sound along with a combo DVD/VHS player I had and set it all up in an extra room in my house. I've been having a great time with it.

Going back to my early teens, I had what can best be described as an addiction to mail order Record and CD clubs. The percentage of my paper route money that went to Columbia House, RCA and BMG would probably be enough to get me institutionalized today.
I did a lot of that shit too. Still remember my dad losing his fucking shit when my Columbia House bill arrived once. Turns out those shits were not just a penny.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
[THIS IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES AND FOR WHATEVER IS LEGAL IN YOUR JURISDICTION ETC. etc.. etc. whatever I don't know where you guys live]

You don't have to host all that shit. It will take like 1-2 hours on youtube to set up the *arr suite (clever huh). it's pretty simple if everything is hosted. You need these pieces of software to start and there are more integrations as well.

Jackett: Meta indexer for torrent sites / prowlarr (probably better) https://github.com/Prowlarr/Prowlarr
Radarr: Manages your movie library
Sonarr: Manages your TV library
Lidarr: Manages your music ilbrary

google "Seedboxes with plex" or something

The seedbox should have these as literally a one-button install as a plugin or something.

The high level set up is :

Sonarr/Radarr/Lidarr [search the gui for what you want ] ---> uses the creds from prowlar ---> adds the torrent to the client (deluge/rtorent/transmission etc) --> plex picks up the folder --- > connect to the plex gui

The benefit of jackett or prowlarr is you can use it with private torrents. You copy your auth cookie, or something like that depending on the torrent site.

There are a few annoying things to work out. I have to look into https://github.com/morpheus65535/bazarr , because subtitles are a bit annoying with plex.

You could pay someone on fivver like a hundred bucks to set it up for you if you really are that boomerish with tech.

I’ve thought about ordering a new laptop and hard drive to do this, I know how, I’m just lazy and don’t mind being a boomer nigger using that discount DVD site Ant shills. Which are all probably pirated Chinese copies.

Uncle Floyd

Nice try, Floyd.
Forum Clout
I think British stuff is really difficult to find like that. One of my grandpa's was also British which is why I've always loved soccer but most of the TV stuff is long gone as far as I'm aware. My wife grew up loving DBZ and is really amused that American's are into it: Especially when it comes to the niggers. I just know that when I got the Married With Children DVD set and they didn't even have the theme song I realized that I had to preserve anything important. The cost of the rights to these songs would blow your mind honestly. The 80's was apparently a way more fun place.
No theme song?! What do they use in its place?

TorqueWheeler

Forum Clout
I’ve thought about ordering a new laptop and hard drive to do this, I know how, I’m just lazy and don’t mind being a boomer nigger using that discount DVD site Ant shills. Which are all probably pirated Chinese copies.
Don't buy from there. I used to use them YEARS before Nana was taking ads from them and they were legit but I can't imagine they're cheaper than just using Amazon nowadays.

Jesse Ventura

Access to the debates
Forum Clout
Not always the case, because of guaranteed short term licensing deals services have the potential to have the genuine article more often than physical copies when it comes to the original soundtracks of television shows. Anyone who has tried watching DVDs of their favorite animated MTV shows and thinks they seem different, its not that you got older, you did, but they also swapped all the music out for cheaper shit.

Yeah that’s true but mostly I’m referring to “problematic” type content. Losing music and licensed material sucks though. I remember recently when GTA was re-released a ton of songs were missing and replaced which ruins a large chunk of what makes those games unique. And with a show like Beavis and Butthead the DVDs are released without most of the music bid interludes.

G

That’s another thing yeah, I’ve streamed shows and they’ve cut episodes, edited out things and stuff. It’s fucking stupid.

I also considered getting a personal laptop again, and I think you literally need to rent Microsoft office now, you used to buy it and it was yours and now you need to subscribe for basic word processing tools? (Yes I know there are alternatives and I can steal it but I’m not a million miles away from 40 and I don’t give a fuck about buying these things anymore, I’m old and gay)
You can buy office.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
I use Whatbox and private trackers and couldn't be happier. Never have to worry about ratio since I have them seeding 24/7 and the price is what I would pay for 1 streaming service. Whatbox has Plex support but I prefer Kodi.

Jims_Maroon_Pants

Joe's Filipino Supervisor
Forum Clout
I can’t be fucked with it anymore, there’s so much choice and it’s all shit anyway.

I bought a blu ray player and a vinyl player and I’m buying the physical copies of things I want again. It’s just better.

It’s not even the money part of it, it’s the principle of it and the fucking bullshit involved, you need about 15 different subscriptions, and you need a VPN to get round country restrictions.

I bought a box set of band of brothers and I can’t believe how much pleasure I had putting the discs in, pressing play and just enjoying it.

Or putting a physical album into a music player and listening to it as a whole thing I bought.

It’s the same with games, I miss just buying it at full retail price - owning it and it worked from day 1. No subscriptions, battle passes, loot boxes, cosmetics, DLC to buy, they never work at launch, you can’t select lobbies from a browser anymore. You get put into lobbies strictly designed to make you lose a lot so you keep playing.

ALLOW ME TO RETORT
My son asked for a record player for Christmas I thought he was kidding