• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW everyone pretending Bobo didn't understand things?

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
"Optimus Prime Rib is brutal."

- Patrice O'Neal

That was such a great line! It's a shame to think that it was merely fed to him to say. Oh, well, that's show-business 💁‍♂️
Not only was it fed to him but a lot of the lines were written days in advance. Like the lines against the magician or some of his dating questions. Those were probably written months in advance. But they were done in a way that made them feel spontaneous and as if Bobo was thinking of them himself. It was part of the slick production of the show to make things feel off the cuff and out of control even though Opie or some other producer was controlling the entire flow of the conversations just off mic.

The funny part with Bobo was that he would hear the laughs at the lines others wrote for him and then gain the confidence to go for his own line. That would horrendously bomb every time. I remember during one segment he bombed with a line like "you should eat a cocaine sandwich.....like cocaine laced subs". And Opie, or someone else said, "you can immediately see the difference". Implying that it was one of Bobo's own lines.

When Lady Di interviewed that dude from Game of Thrones they tried to feed her lines but she kept flubbing all of them. Which ended up working out well because it was just as funny seeing her ask him nonsensical questions. They eventually just let her riff and then of course let her take over the entire office and building until management threatened them.

Wild

I love media!
Forum Clout
Not only was it fed to him but a lot of the lines were written days in advance. Like the lines against the magician or some of his dating questions. Those were probably written months in advance. But they were done in a way that made them feel spontaneous and as if Bobo was thinking of them himself. It was part of the slick production of the show to make things feel off the cuff and out of control even though Opie or some other producer was controlling the entire flow of the conversations just off mic.

The funny part with Bobo was that he would hear the laughs at the lines others wrote for him and then gain the confidence to go for his own line. That would horrendously bomb every time. I remember during one segment he bombed with a line like "you should eat a cocaine sandwich.....like cocaine laced subs". And Opie, or someone else said, "you can immediately see the difference". Implying that it was one of Bobo's own lines.

When Lady Di interviewed that dude from Game of Thrones they tried to feed her lines but she kept flubbing all of them. Which ended up working out well because it was just as funny seeing her ask him nonsensical questions. They eventually just let her riff and then of course let her take over the entire office and building until management threatened them.
I love that you're so analytical and thorough in all your posts when it regards to the nonsense that is the O&A show.

Forum Clout
Bobo: I was never on Howard. It was a Photoshop.

Opie: Yes we believe you.

Bobo: (not listening and rambling) That is a fake picture. I wouldn't go on Howard.

Opie: We know its fake. We believe you Bobo.

Repeat for 20 minutes
Brothaman stompin' da bit like he stomped cake. Niccccccccccccccccccccccccccce.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout

Fuck I forgot about the magician where they didn't expect it to be a fan of the show and probably prepared to trash him although at that time they probably would have given him a real interview (say probably again). Pretty good show I need to relisten to it again.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
Lol @ suggesting Bobo is just a normal person pretending, because they fed him lines. Listening to their jumbled minds confuse the jokes was half the fucking bit. We knew they were feeding them lines at the time.
One of my favorites is Bobo reads a fed line and then imediatley after it does one of his own and Anthony says something like "you can really tell when they are his".