WWAW Better Call Saul coming out again this coming monday?

G

It’s hilarious. It’s so satisfying to see all the pretentious Reddit fags trying to justify 6 seasons of slow burn just for Kim to be Poochie’d out of the show and a time skip for Jimmy to become Saul.

Btw I’m not sure if anyone picked up on it but in that last scene where Saul was on the phone saying ‘not another public masturbator’ - this is almost certainly referencing his first scene in Breaking Bad where he shows up to defend Badger. So likely the next 4 episodes are going to be retreading scenes he was in in BB mixed with trying to awkwardly cram in all the present day Cinnabon stuff (which they clearly gave up on seasons ago and have no idea what to do with).

I’m watching this purely out of morbid curiosity for how bad it can get at this point. I’m certain it’s gonna be worse than the last season of GoT.
It is pretty hilarious how they wrote themselves into a corner with the Gene stuff.

G

Boy do they love these fuckin slow openings. Lazy fuckers.

Edit: Im surprised they didnt burn an episode having the twins with a letter board sit there with Hector dictating his little speech

Last edited by a moderator:

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
It is pretty hilarious how they wrote themselves into a corner with the Gene stuff.

I don't even think it's that they wrote themselves into a corner; I just don't think they ever had an idea where to go with the Gene stuff in the first place, hence a few artsy B&W scenes over 6 seasons.

When the show first started, half the intrigue was what was going to happen to present day Saul but then they just gave up on that about 2-3 seasons in and turned into a full blown Breaking Bad fanfiction show.

HotDogJoe

Edit: Im surprised they didnt burn an episode having the twins with a letter board sit there with Hector dictating his little speech

Comments on Reddit after that episode -

"OMG I can't believe Vince had the balls to dedicate an entire episode to this. No other director could pull that off!! 😍"

"If you weren't entertained by this episode, that's on you. This show has always been a slow burn. Go watch a Marvel movie"

G

I don't even think it's that they wrote themselves into a corner; I just don't think they ever had an idea where to go with the Gene stuff in the first place, hence a few artsy B&W scenes over 6 seasons.

When the show first started, half the intrigue was what was going to happen to present day Saul but then they just gave up on that about 2-3 seasons in and turned into a full blown Breaking Bad fanfiction show.
Yeah, that's closer to what I meant. I'm a dumb faggot and used the phrase incorrectly. They thought they could just meander through the show until someone had the brilliant, genius idea to make it all work. They fucked up though and let women write a lot of the show.

HotDogJoe

They thought they could just meander through the show until someone had the brilliant, genius idea to make it all work.

Funnily enough that's close to how they wrote Breaking Bad. Jesse was supposed to be killed off in Season 1; Mike and Saul were both supposed to be one episode characters. They were basically winging it the entire show. I think the reason they were able to make that show work so well is because they started with a great premise and had a great cast.

BCS started reasonably well and had introduced some great original characters like Howard and Nacho but it should've only ever been 3-4 seasons max. Now it's descended into a total shit show that there's no way it recovers from.

G

Funnily enough that's close to how they wrote Breaking Bad. Jesse was supposed to be killed off in Season 1; Mike and Saul were both supposed to be one episode characters. They were basically winging it the entire show. I think the reason they were able to make that show work so well is because they started with a great premise and had a great cast.

BCS started reasonably well and had introduced some great original characters like Howard and Nacho but it should've only ever been 3-4 seasons max. Now it's descended it a total shit show that there's no way it recovers from.
The cast helped Breaking Bad a lot. The BCS writers/producers were stupid enough to think lightning would strike twice and tried winging another show.

Cranston is talented enough to carry a show and Bob Odenkirk just isn't, at least not in a straight-man dramatic role. Nothing against him, but he's not at that level.

The cast helped Breaking Bad a lot. The BCS writers/producers were stupid enough to think lightning would strike twice and tried winging another show.

Cranston is talented enough to carry a show and Bob Odenkirk just isn't, at least not in a straight-man dramatic role. Nothing against him, but he's not at that level.
Cranston is funnier than Odenkirk as a actor too. The man is seriously talented. He even made me the part of a Godzilla film he was in

G

Cranston is funnier than Odenkirk as a actor too. The man is seriously talented. He even made me the part of a Godzilla film he was in
Agreed. They knew Kick-Ass was a dud and sold it like it was Cranston vs. Godzilla. He was easily the best part of Malcolm in the Middle. This isn't a totally fair comparison but between him and Odenkirk, whose Seinfeld role do people remember?

Easily_Remembered

It's not REALLY Ray Wilson
Comments on Reddit after that episode -

"OMG I can't believe Vince had the balls to dedicate an entire episode to this. No other director could pull that off!! 😍"

"If you weren't entertained by this episode, that's on you. This show has always been a slow burn. Go watch a Marvel movie"
The irony of Redditors telling someone to "go watch a Marvel movie" ...

HotDogJoe

Is there a tv couple with less sexual chemistry than Saul and Kim?

They're just a pair of spunky young go-getting lawyers with their whole future ahead of em! So they pull off some wacky hijinks and pranks now and again - they're still so young so they can get away with it! (please ignore the fact they're both in their 50s)

HotDogJoe

holy shit is Kim wreslter a moody cunt, cant she just be a functioning human for a second. fucked all the people over including getting howard killed just because she cant not be a cunt, nice girl(hag) boss stupid

She’s one of most unlikeable characters in TV history. Fucking 6 seasons of her annoying mousey face and dyke voice. Fucking terrible actress too. The acting in the last couple of episodes from her was horrendous.

Last edited:

Stent

bury the dead, they stink up the joint
Jimmy and Kim go up to Howard's wife and when she asks about them being the last people to see him alive they're all "Yep, but whatever" and then the wife is "Ok then". Stellar writing. Zero intrigue, tension or anything. Might as well have had a scene where Mike dresses up as a fake cop to knock on her door and say "ur husband iz daed soz lol don't look for him cos we totally did already" so she doesn't report him missing to the real police.

I can only guess that Kim will return in the next couple of episodes to interact with Jimmy once again all these years later because what else is the show going to do?

HotDogJoe

I can only guess that Kim will return in the next couple of episodes to interact with Jimmy once again all these years later because what else is the show going to do?

It's so funny how they've backed themselves into a corner with Gene stuff and now need to tell that story in 4 fucking episodes or less. It's going to be so awful.