• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Worst scene in The Sopranos.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Forum Clout
The scene where Vito is killed, because Phil was hiding in the motel room closet. Everyone thinks they are clever for saying Phil came out of the closet! and then speculating that he must hate Vito because he is gay as well. It's one of several things in the last season that were way too on the nose and not as clever as the writers thought.

Jenna

The Mix 94.9 $3000 Fugitive
Forum Clout
The entire "No Tony this is the last straw, I'm really leaving you this time" subplot with Carm before he makes good by buying the spec house for her.

Yeah if I'm the guidance counselor of the son of THE New Jersey Crime Boss, it's not a secret the news does stories about the Soprano family, the most logical step is to fuck his wife when they're on a break. The priest, Furio, the guidance counselor - I just wanted to see one Carmella simp get whacked.

FrogmanKurlan

Kill a commie for mommy, awright
Forum Clout
When Jackie Jr got whacked by a fat fuck with a toy gun

IMG_7672.jpeg

Jenna

Forum Clout

View attachment 116652

On my most recent rewatch I started thinking how the tiny gun symbolized Jackie Jr's lack of importance in the organization or whatever.

To Tony, it's a huge hit because of all his family ties - his relationship to Jackie Sr, Meadow & Jackie Jr. But that's it. Every teeny bit of respect Jackie Jr had was because he was a nepo baby and felt like the he was the prince of New Jersey.

So an unimportant kid who fucked up his first attempt at organized crime gets killed with a tiny, pathetic gun.

G

View attachment 116652
So many apologetic retards online try to "analyze" this scene and claim it's supposed to be bad on purpose. No, it's just comically shit lol. It's funny though, and I like how Vito kills him, so later when Finn is afraid of him and Meadow's like "Vito? He's harmless!" even though he killed her last boyfriend lol.

FrogmanKurlan

Forum Clout
On my most recent rewatch I started thinking how the tiny gun symbolized Jackie Jr's lack of importance in the organization or whatever.

To Tony, it's a huge hit because of all his family ties - his relationship to Jackie Sr, Meadow & Jackie Jr. But that's it. Every teeny bit of respect Jackie Jr had was because he was a nepo baby and felt like the he was the prince of New Jersey.

So an unimportant kid who fucked up his first attempt at organized crime gets killed with a tiny, pathetic gun.

I remember reading something on the Supranos sub and how they were on a time crunch to film that episode and that was the only “gun” they could get in the time they had

Jenna

Forum Clout
I remember reading something on the Supranos sub and how they were on a time crunch to film that episode and that was the only “gun” they could get in the time they had

Was it from a producer or a Boomia "hey I heard all sorts of stories from the neighborhood" type? It's an HBO show, you can't send a PA to a hobby shop, buy a BB gun and spray it black? You're filming in Jersey not the Sahara.

I mean I wasn't there so if it happened it happened, it just seems a little far-fetched that they'd forget to bring a gun to a whacking scene. Then use this tiny little prop gun and zoom in on it instead of editing the scene around it.

FrogmanKurlan

Forum Clout
Was it from a producer or a Boomia "hey I heard all sorts of stories from the neighborhood" type? It's an HBO show, you can't send a PA to a hobby shop, buy a BB gun and spray it black? You're filming in Jersey not the Sahara.

I mean I wasn't there so if it happened it happened, it just seems a little far-fetched that they'd forget to bring a gun to a whacking scene. Then use this tiny little prop gun and zoom in on it instead of editing the scene around it.
I think it was from an interview with David Chase

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
So many apologetic retards online try to "analyze" this scene and claim it's supposed to be bad on purpose. No, it's just comically shit lol. It's funny though, and I like how Vito kills him, so later when Finn is afraid of him and Meadow's like "Vito? He's harmless!" even though he killed her last boyfriend lol.
This is correct. Everything about the scene was just painful to watch.

Jackie waking all stiff and weird down the hill.

Vito popping out of nowhere with the hilarious toy gun close-up that had absolutely no recoil whatsoever.

The position of Jackie's body from the above shot doesn't make sense if you look at where he was standing when he was shot in the lower positioned camera shot.

They just wanted to leave him in a dirty snowbank but couldn't coordinate it properly.

I really do hate this scene.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
You want bad Sopranos gun scenes? Watch Christopher THROW the bullets when he executes Mikey Palmice. Or watch Benny and Paulie Jr. fire guns that do not have recoil or any movement on them when they execute the two niggers in their SUV. "Don't tell Kaisha much money we got".

Worst scenes in terms of effects or editing. The giant fake CGI garbage pile that Richie dumps in front of the deli. "Your guy dump the garbage all over my lot". Another is when Carmela tells the fag teacher she's getting back together with Tony and the scene freezes on her face. Another is when the actress who played Livia died and they bring her back like Chef in South Park by using old lines of hers. "How would like you suck my balls, children?!!". Anytime Tony visits a store they have to CGI the logos over the store into something generic. The Wire did this as well, watch the sign over the store in the fourth season when Snoop buys the nailgun.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
The scene where Vito is killed, because Phil was hiding in the motel room closet. Everyone thinks they are clever for saying Phil came out of the closet! and then speculating that he must hate Vito because he is gay as well. It's one of several things in the last season that were way too on the nose and not as clever as the writers thought.
I just took it as humiliating Vito for being a fag.

G

The Columbus Day episode had some pretty poorly written scenes. It was written by Michael Imperioli so of course there's some faggoty hamfisted liberal commentary, the worst being the televised debate moderated by Montel Williams. The Italian guy saying "My ancestors braved the Middle Passage" was so stupid and historically inaccurate. And Montel's bug-eyed "Wha wha what?" response was so corny. Also the injuns protesting, one saying "Mussolini was Hitler's bitch." Why would that be offensive to the average Italian American like Artie Bucco? And Mussolini hated the mafia, especially since American intel agencies were using them against the Axis Powers in WW2, so that wouldn't bother the mobbed up guys either.

And of course, Steven Van Zandt's permanent constipation face and stupid wig really didn't help. He has to be the worst actor on the show.