• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

What's the worst job you ever had?

G

For me it's easily cold-selling useless trinkets at 20 years old. Literally going round mechanics and small businesses trying to flog novelty pens, mini torches, tea towels etc. Very David Brent. Good experience though.

Number 2 - warehouse gig at 16 - summer job. Funny older guys working there, but it served as a motivator.

No. 3 - McDonald's- also summer job 18 and 19.

Forum Clout
Mailman as a summer job. Generally it doesn't seem that bad, but they gave me the only route where you couldn't just drive around in a car dropping off a letter here and there. In total I had to run up and down 70 stairs x 3 floors every day. Sometimes I'd sort letters wrong in the morning and have to go back to houses and run up even more times. Fucking exhausting and really stressful.

Last edited:

Jesse Ventura

Access to the debates
Forum Clout
I worked in a rock quarry in the summer during my teens. Fucking sucked doing all that lifting in the heat.

Bouncing was shitty also. Did that in summers during university. Being sober around drunks is awful. You have some people trying to be your friend and close talking with their beer breath, and you have others who assume that because you are a bouncer you must think you’re “hard” and want to challenge you. Drunk chicks throwing drinks at you when you had to toss them. Having to play nice with entitled “regulars” that the owner values for one reason or another. Breaking up fights for shit pay. Garbage job.

Dog trainer. Dummies coming in and you give them advice and they don’t follow it then blame you for their dog being a moron. I love dogs but I quickly lost interest in other people’s dogs. What a nightmare.

Last edited:

Jims_Maroon_Pants

Joe's Filipino Supervisor
Forum Clout
When I was young I worked at a kill shelter. The work wasn't the worst it was depressing. A fresh litter of puppies would arrive and would have to split the litter, knowing the ones I didn't pick were immediately killed.
The walk in freezer full of dead animals was haunting too. Once a week a trash truck would come and empty it out. On a good note, I got to name the animals and I'd pick some outrageous names at times. Seeing silly names on the collars would give me a chuckle.
The job that I hated was working as a waiter. Aside from ass kissing and dealing with the public was the fact your paycheck was at the mercy of others. That's pretty nuts when you think about it.

Monk

Forum Clout
In high school, I worked at a mall food court Burger King for about a month. The head manager was an absolute fucking cunt and for some reason expected me to automatically know how to do everything because I had worked at McDonalds before that. I quit after they tried to make me empty this disgusting pit the dishwashing sink drained into with a fucking large drink cup. Everything else in the place that needed to be hooked up to plumbing was except the dishwashing sink. I'll never understand why they couldn't at least get a wet/dry ShopVac instead of emptying the fucking thing by hand.

Tied for the worst job I've had was working overnights at a youth residential facility. Naturally, I always got stuck working with the worst teenage boys who I can guarantee are all now in prison for violent crimes. It wouldn't have been so bad but if shit went down, and it went down a lot, you were basically not even allowed to defend yourself. A week or two before I quit we got this new kid who was about the size of a football linebacker but at the same time looked like a giant toddler and was about as mentally developed as one but with extremely violent tendencies. The kid would never take his meds and would stay up all night wandering around trying to start shit. I forget what led up to it but me and this jacked Nigerian former college wrestler ended up trying to restrain him and put him in one of the "isolation" rooms. At one point the Nigerian guy starts telling me to go into the office and call the cops with panic in his voice. We were told to never call 911 unless the situation was life-threatening and to call the non-emergency number instead. Naturally, that wasn't written down anywhere or programmed into the speed dial so I frantically look the number up on my phone and just as I start to tell the dispatcher the address, the Nigerian guy comes in and tells me he only told me to call the police because he thought the kid would start complying if he heard that. As he's saying that, my supervisor, who we had called for backup before the whole thing started, strolls in asking if we still needed help. I said, "no but you do now" and walked out. Shortly after I quit, one of the social workers was trying to restrain a kid and he ended up pushing her against a metal handrailing which broke one of her ribs. Couple of days after that she got really sick and fell into a coma. She died from an infection caused by the broken rib. The place covered it up and claimed she slipped on ice and that it had nothing to do with a resident.

Last edited:
G

When I was young I worked at a kill shelter. The work wasn't the worst it was depressing. A fresh litter of puppies would arrive and would have to split the litter, knowing the ones I didn't pick were immediately killed.
The walk in freezer full of dead animals was haunting too. Once a week a trash truck would come and empty it out. On a good note, I got to name the animals and I'd pick some outrageous names at times. Seeing silly names on the collars would give me a chuckle.
The job that I hated was working as a waiter. Aside from ass kissing and dealing with the public was the fact your paycheck was at the mercy of others. That's pretty nuts when you think about it.
You win. Literally murdering puppies is hard to beat in the shitty jobs stakes.

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
Forum Clout
Roofer. Lasted a week. Early 20s.
I’ve been having a blast roofing for the past 3 months. Idk if the navy just sucked so bad that everything else is great in comparison, but me and my foreman, who’s the same age as me, just drive around doing jobs and fucking around. Maybe I’ll change my mind when it starts getting hot though

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
I was a busboy at a diner but my dad was a consulting partner so I’d get dropped off in a BMW. I ended up earning a lot of respect because I was good at bussing tables quickly. I used to get tipped a lot because I prioritized the tables I bussed by waitress. It wasn’t the worst job I’ve had but it taught me a lot about working hard, plus I found out black women had a thing for me.

Worst job was a claims cold caller. People talk about healthcare workers being heroes but there is no healthcare provider out there that doesn’t overbill insurance for bullshit services that don’t improve outcomes at all. At that point in time, home health was growing at 10% annually just by billing Medicare, which means your tax dollars were growing someone’s hh agency. It’s all a scam and you’re paying for it.

Jims_Maroon_Pants

Joe's Filipino Supervisor
Forum Clout
You win. Literally murdering puppies is hard to beat in the shitty jobs stakes.
It was a place that took all animals too so we had some interesting animals at times. The ladies told me before I worked there they sheltered a horse for a bit. We also had a racoon relocation program so we would house like 30 in a giant bird cage looking thing I fed them in the mornings and they'd climb all over you.
We would get feral cats too, they would almost instantly get the needle