What was your first job.

HR@PaneraBread

Everything about us is streamlined and efficient
I worked under the table at a banana distribution warehouse when I was 14 until 16 and was paid $9 an hour when minimum wage was I believe $6.75 so I was making decent money for a freshmen in high school.
23acbc00-404f-411e-a4bb-5e460d29f2fb_screenshot.jpg

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Short order cook. Anything happen under that table we should know about? No judgement.
The guy was pretty cool for an old goat. I walked in during summer vacation asking for a job and he hired me and let me stay even though I was a kid. I actually took a pay cut talking my first tax paying job when I was 16 after I got sick of being around bananas and Hondurans all day.

TorpidSloth

Cash-in-hand warehouse summer job at 15. I remember this old Irish guy (he was probably early 50s but seemed ancient at the time) saying something along the lines of "work hard in school or you'll be doing this shite when you're my age."

I started working hard in school for the first time that following September.

Worked in a restaurant doing everything from stock check to cooking to dish washing in a theme park.

I fucking loved doing fish for fish and chips at the lunch time rush. Just totally zone out and battering fish for ages.

Most co workers were around the same age so it had that still in school feeling of a gang expect you had money.

Was a summer/just out of school job. All I had to spend money on was beer. Fuck it was good.

Turry Fawks

Seven toothbrushes
Helped slaughter geese. Had to corner them in the trailer, spook them into turning their backs, grab their feet, bring them up to my chest and curl my arm around their wings to pacify them. Then we went to the funnel and I held them down while they were decapitated. End of the day I helped shovel up the blood and take the guts to be boiled for the pigs.

I was 14 years old.

Dummy Gaynuts

Pookie-pie water-pig
Terrible shitty pizzeria when I was in HS. For an idea of how bad the pizza was, it was run by a streetshitter (probably the only one for hundreds of miles) and located in a hick rural town. I worked a few days and then quit because i was tired of listening to a pajeet tell me to do things

Jims_Maroon_Pants

crumbly feta enjoyer
Helped slaughter geese. Had to corner them in the trailer, spook them into turning their backs, grab their feet, bring them up to my chest and curl my arm around their wings to pacify them. Then we went to the funnel and I held them down while they were decapitated. End of the day I helped shovel up the blood and take the guts to be boiled for the pigs.

I was 14 years old.
Awesome! My cousin owned sheep to raise for meat to sell at his steak house and he and his brother would slaughter 50 sheep at a time. This was done at a ravine by the side of the house in the village. The side would run red with blood by the end
I thought nothing of this in my teens
I still don't but I can't imagine showing my kids that. Times were different then

PorqueDealer

Portly Pepperoni Purveyor
When I was about 8/9 me and a neighbourhood kid who was year above would hang at the local petrol station and wash windscreens.
We weren't filthy homeless negros accosting you at traffic lights so we'd make bank even though it was essentially begging.
The other kid had a "job" at the station washing down the pumps in the morning before opening and the owner was apparently cool with us hustling at the weekend.
Then the Italian nigger down the road would get all of our money because he rented the store next to his sweet shop and filled it with arcade games and had a doorway knocked through.
Any arcade game was an instant money trap for young Porque and it all got squandered away.

Turry Fawks

Seven toothbrushes
Awesome! My cousin owned sheep to raise for meat to sell at his steak house and he and his brother would slaughter 50 sheep at a time. This was done at a ravine by the side of the house in the village. The side would run red with blood by the end
I thought nothing of this in my teens
I still don't but I can't imagine showing my kids that. Times were different then
I was very soft back then but I sucked it up and got it done. I wouldn't cut their heads off but everything else was fine. Now I'd wield the knife for sure.