• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

What do you consider to be the best movie post 2000?

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
They're probably not the BEST movies, but I re-watch "The Social Network" and "Moneyball" way more than I ever thought I would when I first saw them.
I fucking hated Social Network for two reasons when I first watched it. The breath was CGI to show it was cold out and Sorkin is a horrendous writer. Diablo Cody is the only writer I hate more than Sorkin.

Stent

jewery duty
Forum Clout
A lot of good suggestions in here already.

American Psycho, but I think that came out in 2000 if you want to be a dick about the rules of the game.

The Cooler, if I'm in an Anthony Cumia mood.

The Man Who Wasn't There.

The Machinist.

The Lighthouse.

Carl Winslow

I'm not a Fed
Forum Clout
Funny how there are only a handful of movies to list here lol

There will be blood

The wrestler

No country for old men

Bonuses:

The dark knight and top gun 2

Those are probably the only movies I would take the time to ever rewatch post 2000.

Maybe add Freddy got fingered and the 1st iron man as c list good movies.

G

A lot of good suggestions in here already.

American Psycho, but I think that came out in 2000 if you want to be a dick about the rules of the game.

The Cooler, if I'm in an Anthony Cumia mood.

The Man Who Wasn't There.

The Machinist.

The Lighthouse.
The Man Who Wasn't There is a damn good one. I don't think it'll be a popular opinion here, but I think Inside Llewyn Davis is one of the best things they've ever done.

edit: say think again

Stent

jewery duty
Forum Clout
The Man Who Wasn't There is a damn good one. I don't think it'll be a popular opinion here, but I think Inside Llewyn Davis is one of the best things they've ever done.
I tried to watch it not long ago but I'm tired of Oscar Isaac appearing in everything. He's not even a bad actor, just too damn prolific.

Get busy thinking or get busy dying.

the-shawshank.gif

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout

Im with you on Llewyn Davis but I wouldn't say it's their best just really really good.

Patrick O'Neal

Forum Clout
I sort of stumbled on this recently and thought i'd give it a go.

Red Dragon (2002) - IMDb

I really enjoyed it. That's partly down to expectation. I assumed because I'd not heard anything about it that it must be rubbish. Not so. I really enjoyed the psychological aspect. Edward Norton I don't really buy as a tough guy. But other than that, good performances all round.