• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

What do you consider to be the best movie post 2000?

Huh?

Forum Clout
Wd6M.gif

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
Blade Runner 2
It had no business being as good as it was, it actually captured the feel of the original. I thought that was an atmosphere long gone with CGI and focus groups, not to mention a 30 year sequel.
I would agree with this but holy hell is the score terrible and Jared Leto ruins it. There is a reason fans made an edit with ever Leto scene cut and it changes nothing.

Forum Clout
That is a great movie. David Lynch has a good eye on making his shit seem like you're watching some sort of dream, like Blue Velvet and Twin Peaks.
The thing about Mulholland Dr is that once you understand a) who the lead character is and b) that the whole first 2/3rds of the movie is a dream, it all makes sense, albeit in a dream logic kind of way.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
The thing about Mulholland Dr is that once you understand a) who the lead character is and b) that the whole first 2/3rds of the movie is a dream, it all makes sense, albeit in a dream logic kind of way.
I remember first watching it and thinking "wow the acting is so stiff and weird with Naomi Watts" then the end of the movie it all made sense and any complaints I had in the beginning went away. One of my favorite movies of all time.

Forum Clout
I remember first watching it and thinking "wow the acting is so stiff and weird with Naomi Watts" then the end of the movie it all made sense and any complaints I had in the beginning went away. One of my favorite movies of all time.
I've read a lot of reviews of Mulholland Dr that were just completely, totally off the mark and incorrect. A woman named Diane goes to Hollywood, all full of big dreams and high hopes, and she gets completely sexually used by a Hollywood couple, who throw her away like trash after. The movie begins with a long dream sequence where Diane idealizes the entire experience, and almost finds what she thought she was looking for, but then she wakes up, and realizes she's a dismal failure who's taken out a contract on someone's life. I mean it's obtuse, but it's all right there.

CumiaPoodle

Brazil sent me a wife with a dick ☺️
Forum Clout
Master and Commander... (2003) is hard to beat, I reckon. No County For Old Men (2007) is right up there too.
I’ve watched both a lot. When I was younger it was no country. Now that I’m an old man it’s master and commander by a mile. Seen that one in the movies with a bunch of niggers confused why they were watching it.

JamieConway

Still Serchin' 4 Da Truf
Forum Clout
I'm really not a hipster faggot but this may be my favorite movie of the 21st century. It hits all the emotions.
synecdoche.png

HH Brother

I wanna fuck you up the ass, funster.
Forum Clout
Yeah, Trainspotting 2 was surprisingly satisfying. A bit too many "wink at the audience" callbacks to the 1st movie, but it holds up as it's own.
I didn't care for it, brother. I was really looking forward to it but it tried way too hard to outdo the original to the point it was distracting.