• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

TV shows you started but abandoned like a Tomlinson with a daughter

Jesse Ventura

Access to the debates
Forum Clout
I think Manifest came out right before or during COVID and I just got majorly J woke. I tapped out. It was so poorly written, and, well, Jewish.
I started this with my GF when it was new. There was a very brief moment where I thought they might take it in an interesting direction but they shat all over it. Truly an awful show full of terrible actors.

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Forum Clout
The Americans, though I might try it again at some point.

I've been planning to watch that for a while but I just feel like it won't be interesting enough to stick with.

I enjoyed the first two seasons and part of the third of Deadwood despite Timothy Olyphant.

That's 3 people in this thread that have mentioned Deadwood and I have to include myself in that. It seems Deadwood is the Annabelle Tomlinson of TV shows.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Forum Clout
I enjoyed dexter the first couple seasons, but then tapped out. The concept and the fun Miami vibe I think helped carry it for me, but it eventually became "cringe."

Also, I just want to remind everyone this is a typical reddit thread topic (just with a Tomlinson reference in the title to try to disguise it)

Last edited:

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Forum Clout
House of Cards was so hyped I got Netflix just to see it...hahaha holee shit I'll never forget how boring and aimless the plot seemed to meby the 3rd episode.

But the hype was on-going, and I was still sheep-mode so I thought it was me and my lack of taste.

House of Cards was absurd because they copied stories from the British show that made no sense in American politics. The House whip in Parliament can climb his way to be Prime Minister. But the president is a different branch of government.

Plus, the national teacher strike was idiotic. Teachers aren't paid by the federal government, they are state/county employees. I guess I could believe teachers would be that entitled, but still the show ignored federalism and braches of government because the UK has neither.

Spacey was perfect for the role of a Washington politician, being a creepy pedophile, so I'll give the show A+ for casting.

Jesse Ventura

Access to the debates
Forum Clout
When I was a kid I absolutely loved Beavis and Butthead so when Daria came out I remember watching it and just feeling so let down after the first episode I saw. 10 year old me kept waiting for the boys to show up and wondering where the laughs went.

There was also this show called Kevin Spencer that came out around the time South Park was blowing up and it just stunk. It had the illusion of humour but just wasn’t funny. Bailed on those.

Brooke Shields

Patrick Tomlinson hates me because I am a woman
Forum Clout
Sopranos

I tapped out in the first season. I still finished the whole show, just don't remember anything other than the funny parts

G

The Americans, though I might try it again at some point.

Like others have said, Justified. I enjoyed the first two seasons and part of the third of Deadwood despite Timothy Olyphant. He's not a good actor, doesn't convince as a tough guy and can't carry a movie or show imo. Deadwood he was carried by Ian McShane and Milchen's writing. Justified he didn't have those things to bail him out.
I did a binge of the Americans last year and i think its worth it. Definitely slow but it picks up. Its a good like/hate ying/yang between the husband and wife.

I watched one episode of the wire and did not understand the hype around it. Maybe i watched it too many years later. Felt like the acting sucked ass

G

I think Lost was that TV show I was excited to get home and watch. I made to about season 3 and they kept leaving me unfulfilled and never felt like they solved any of the earlier questions so I checked out and canceled cable shortly after that ( not because of the show its just when I cord cut)
I watched after the show was over until i saw the polar bear or whatever on a deserted island and said fuck this. I know now the premise of the show, and now im even more glad i didnt watch it

G

I shouldn't be complaining about a netflix show for obvious reasons, but Vikings: Valhalla. Once a black viking queen from Denmark showed up with an all-female viking army, it was just too much stupidity for me.
When she showed up i immediately went to google to punch up black vikings. Basically it was “there were probably black vikings here and there but she isnt based off anyone real in history even though all these other people in the show are”. Listen I dont care that shes black, just stop with the obvious forcing of a black person in a primarily white historical story.

Forum Clout
I think Lost was that TV show I was excited to get home and watch. I made to about season 3 and they kept leaving me unfulfilled and never felt like they solved any of the earlier questions so I checked out and canceled cable shortly after that ( not because of the show its just when I cord cut)
The first five seasons of "Lost" were so much fun. But the final season was so bad, it actually made me embarrassed to have liked it in the first place. One of the most intelligence-insulting things I've ever seen. Magic golden pool my ass.

not that Jack Horner

If you saw me IRL you very likely wouldn't look me
Forum Clout
When she showed up i immediately went to google to punch up black vikings. Basically it was “there were probably black vikings here and there but she isnt based off anyone real in history even though all these other people in the show are”. Listen I dont care that shes black, just stop with the obvious forcing of a black person in a primarily white historical story.

its just pay back for “the last samurai” being tom
cruise