• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Trouble at SXM, Layoffs Coming

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
Forum Clout
I think Dan was just over doing the show. He’s an actor with an HBO special.
The timing is pretty suspect. I don't think they get paid a lot, SXM has to pay Howie and I'm sure Jim is making way more than he should. News starts trickling in that there's gonna be sizable budget cuts for every show and Dan seizes the opportunity to leave and help his friends along the way.
Dan didn't want to do radio in the first place because he thought his career was about to blow up. It didn't so he kept doing the show. Jay is used to seeing his peers and comics younger than him blow up and although it's never been said anywhere I'm pretty sure that Pete Davidson, Tim Dillon, Shane Gillis, etc becoming super successful has messed with Dan's head.
So he stopped doing the show to focus on writing because he wants to be Matt Stone and Trey Parker. Every piece of actual writing I've seen from him hasn't been that good so I don't know why this is his dream, I think he is currently trying to get a Stone Cold Steve Austin cartoon made with a couple of other comics.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Forum Clout
Dan didn't want to do radio in the first place because he thought his career was about to blow up. It didn't so he kept doing the show. Jay is used to seeing his peers and comics younger than him blow up and although it's never been said anywhere I'm pretty sure that Pete Davidson, Tim Dillon, Shane Gillis, etc becoming super successful has messed with Dan's head.
So he stopped doing the show to focus on writing because he wants to be Matt Stone and Trey Parker. Every piece of actual writing I've seen from him hasn't been that good so I don't know why this is his dream, I think he is currently trying to get a Stone Cold Steve Austin cartoon made with a couple of other comics.
It’s a travesty that Dan and for that matter Godfrey never got SNL.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Forum Clout
It’s still Stern, who is massively overpaid and no one else. I subscribed for years before you could get a reliable signal everywhere and it was worth it then. Now what’s the point?

SiriusXM had multiple opportunities to lockup the creators of some of the biggest podcasts on the planet before 2010 and didn’t do it. The let ESD walk over what amounted to pennies. The company has never had much foresight and seemed mostly concerned about big celebrity signings, keeping Stern happy and maintaining subscriber numbers by giving their product away for nearly free once someone wanted to cancel.
They used to play episodes of JRE after OnA. Very shortsighted tobehonestwitchya. Sirius thought podcasts would never catch on. They’re like the blackburry of the radio world. :brothaman_sm:

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
What I don't understand is that Sirus could literally find two random people on the streets of NYC and give them the Jim & Sam show and not only would ut be funnier, no one would notice that Jim and Sam weren't there.
At this point they must make next to nothing to have a show on Sirius. They only do it so Jim can plug gigs (which are in much smaller places now than when he was on OnA) and for Sam to get WWE gigs. When was the last time Norton even had a streaming special? They don’t get big stars since those go to other channels.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
It’s still Stern, who is massively overpaid and no one else. I subscribed for years before you could get a reliable signal everywhere and it was worth it then. Now what’s the point?

SiriusXM had multiple opportunities to lockup the creators of some of the biggest podcasts on the planet before 2010 and didn’t do it. The let ESD walk over what amounted to pennies. The company has never had much foresight and seemed mostly concerned about big celebrity signings, keeping Stern happy and maintaining subscriber numbers by giving their product away for nearly free once someone wanted to cancel.
I was one of the dopes who had it since 2007 still playing those prices a couple years ago until I threatened to cancel. They made it so cheap I think I’ve spent 5 dollars on it since 2019. The “subscription numbers” are hugely inflated / unreliable since they count any new car sold as a subscriber since they all come with it. They dealerships even turn it on for the “certified pre-owned” cars so even more fake numbers.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
They used to play episodes of JRE after OnA. Very shortsighted tobehonestwitchya. Sirius thought podcasts would never catch on. They’re like the blackburry of the radio world. :brothaman_sm:
Figures they didn’t think they would catch on, Stern bitched for over a decade (probably still does but not as much) about how podcasts aren’t shit, nobody listens to them, etc. and Sirius thought he knew what he was talking about.

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
Figures they didn’t think they would catch on, Stern bitched for over a decade (probably still does but not as much) about how podcasts aren’t shit, nobody listens to them, etc. and Sirius thought he knew what he was talking about.
Gervais was charging for podcasts way back in 2007 or so and made Karl a millionaire and this was very early days of podcasts. It was so long ago I remember reading about them in ceefax which was basically early internet via TV sets. For anyone not to see they were the future is crazy. Granted very few would get Stern money but then you don't need hundreds of millions to be a success.

EraGodless

Forum Clout
That. Sounds. Awful.

SpitballSparky

"Can we come over & discuss your daughter's tits?"
Forum Clout
Word on the street is that Don Wicklin was one of the people let go during the layoffs.

If you believe Opie, he's the guy who told the boys that "WE DON'T NEED JOE ROGAN" when Joe's podcast was being played on their channel on the weekends and he asked that the company stop editing it so much. If that's even remotely true, that's poetic.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Forum Clout
Word on the street is that Don Wicklin was one of the people let go during the layoffs.

If you believe Opie, he's the guy who told the boys that "WE DON'T NEED JOE ROGAN" when Joe's podcast was being played on their channel on the weekends and he asked that the company stop editing it so much. If that's even remotely true, that's poetic.
I really hope Anthony can make it through the 2023 budget cuts.