• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Shin Megami Tensei > Pokémon

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
I just want SMT V to come out on PC since the switch runs like shit.

Say “Cookie”

ShutYourCakehorn/gassers Alt
Forum Clout
SMT Nocturne is the greatest JRPG of all time with the best soundtrack.

It’s very hard to argue against this. It’s a great game, but I have a lot of nostalgia for USA Final Fantasy 1-3 and Dragon Quest 1-3 which definitely clouds my opinion on best JRPG.

WWAW wanting Persona 6’s cast of characters to be adults and not that same high school stuff again?
I have never played a Persona game despite knowing about them since the original came out. I’m thinking about emulating the early ones. What are the best ones in the series outside of 5?

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
It’s very hard to argue against this. It’s a great game, but I have a lot of nostalgia for USA Final Fantasy 1-3 and Dragon Quest 1-3 which definitely clouds my opinion on best JRPG.
Fair enough. I also think DQ is better than FF. Also has a better track record of good games compared to the shit show that is Final Fantasy. Last good FF was XII.

G

I have never played a Persona game despite knowing about them since the original came out. I’m thinking about emulating the early ones. What are the best ones in the series outside of 5?

To be completely honest witcha, i’ve only played 3,4 & 5.

The first Persona game i played was 4, and i played it at the perfect moment in my life. I was an angsty teenager back then so i could really relate to the story and the characters who were trying to find their identity and place in life.

Persona 3 is a bit darker but just as good as 4. It’s been more than a decade since i played this one so i don’t remember it that clearly but i know i absolutely loved it.

Persona 5 is my least favourite of them all, feels really disjointed at times and the localization isn’t that great in my opinion. Still a good games, though.

Maybe other Brothermen who played the first two Persona’s can explain how they compare to 3, 4 & 5.

G

Persona 4 Golden is also availabe on Steam now. Or if you prefer handheld you could buy a cheap Ps Vita and a copy of Persona 4 Golden. Absolutely worth it.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
To be completely honest witcha, i’ve only played 3,4 & 5.

The first Persona game i played was 4, and i played it at the perfect moment in my life. I was an angsty teenager back then so i could really relate to the story and the characters who were trying to find their identity and place in life.

Persona 3 is a bit darker but just as good as 4. It’s been more than a decade since i played this one so i don’t remember it that clearly but i know i absolutely loved it.

Persona 5 is my least favourite of them all, feels really disjointed at times and the localization isn’t that great in my opinion. Still a good games, though.

Maybe other Brothermen who played the first two Persona’s can explain how they compare to 3, 4 & 5.
I only played the PSP remake of 1 but I played both versions of 2 on PS1 and they play a lot more like mainline SMT games without any of the dating sim stuff from Persona. Still worth playing.

Say “Cookie”

ShutYourCakehorn/gassers Alt
Forum Clout
Fair enough. I also think DQ is better than FF. Also has a better track record of good games compared to the shit show that is Final Fantasy. Last good FF was XII.

Dragon Quest is definitely better than Final Fantasy. When SquareEnix decided to focus more on the American market and American gamers it made the FF games pure trash. It’s a good thing that DQ has barely any popularity here otherwise the games would have become woke trash. DQ also has the best mascot in all of JRPGs. Who can hate Slime?