• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Robinson et al v. City of Milwaukee et al

Confused White Kid

Influencer
Forum Clout
Could it be that he just ran out of money?
Or would he have to withdraw if that were the case?

Edit: I'm a lawtard, but, if I understand the filing, the MPD filed this motion and Rick didn't oppose it. Which would mean Rick either knows he's going to lose or doesn't understand what's happening.

The question is, if the judge rules that Rick DOES have a case here, does it go back to discovery or can the judge just grant him a payout?

Edit 2: I think the ruling would only be on the motion to dismiss, not the outcome of the overall lawsuit. Unless I'm full blown lawtarded.

Last edited:

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Forum Clout

I assume Discovery is time consuming for the lawyers, therefor expensive. Not only do they have to review evidence the city provides, but gather evidence they have that the city requests. Pat wouldn't care, but his lawyer and Lynne would want to not waste the time and money until the judge rules.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Forum Clout
And the ruling here would be for... The motion to dismiss or the whole lawsuit?

If the judge rules in Milwaukee's favor on the motion to dismiss, that ends the lawsuit. Pat (Lynne really) may or may not have the option to refile a new lawsuit, depending if the judge dismisses without prejudice.

I don't know dick about the law. Not a lawyer, just been in court a few times as a criminal defendant.

Confused White Kid

Influencer
Forum Clout
If the judge rules in Milwaukee's favor on the motion to dismiss, that ends the lawsuit. Pat (Lynne really) may or may not have the option to refile a new lawsuit, depending if the judge dismisses without prejudice.

I don't know dick about the law. Not a lawyer, just been in court a few times as a criminal defendant.

That makes sense. Rick has to score in overtime here to extend the game, or it's over.

FranksWirecutters

Glow nigger. Got any of those IPs for me?
Forum Clout
I assume Discovery is time consuming for the lawyers, therefor expensive. Not only do they have to review evidence the city provides, but gather evidence they have that the city requests. Pat wouldn't care, but his lawyer and Lynne would want to not waste the time and money until the judge rules.
Just a hunch but the timing on this feels like both sides are pushing the judge to rule on the dismissal with this.

Confused White Kid

Influencer
Forum Clout
Why are so many filings being sealed and restricted by the court? Seems like a pretty public case. Maybe the city heard about his little pepperoni operation.

Can you even imagine how hard Rick must have oinked at the MPD to seal the bodycam footage after he found out we had audio of his bathrobed freakout? He absolutely threatened a lawsuit if it was released.

They just don't want the headache.

JebJoh

Forum Clout
Can you even imagine how hard Rick must have oinked at the MPD to seal the bodycam footage after he found out we had audio of his bathrobed freakout? He absolutely threatened a lawsuit if it was released.

They just don't want the headache.
Didn’t that audio come from a neighbors Facebook page? Seems that pat posters are pretty resourceful

TheRevAlJolson

Blackface Killah
Forum Clout
Sue the FBI, child.

silence.gif
Don't worry, we've got a man inside the operation

hqdefault.jpg

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout

Edit: I'm a lawtard, but, if I understand the filing, the MPD filed this motion and Rick didn't oppose it. Which would mean Rick either knows he's going to lose or doesn't understand what's happening.

The question is, if the judge rules that Rick DOES have a case here, does it go back to discovery or can the judge just grant him a payout?

Edit 2: I think the ruling would only be on the motion to dismiss, not the outcome of the overall lawsuit. Unless I'm full blown lawtarded.
Do you do anal?