• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Pat's book sales stats

TorquieTwoBeers

Forum Clout
I can maybe see these as accurate if it's only counting physical copies. ebook sales over the last few years have exploded, plus there's audiobooks, so I could see doubling or even tripling these numbers for total sales.

As awful as it is The Ark was moderately successful and scored him his three-book Tor deal, so 5,000+ copies seems reasonable, perhaps more than that. But he definitely went downhill from there. Those numbers for In The Black just seem stupidly low, however, and make me question all of the numbers.

Then again, he's currently shitting out a satirical alternate history version of A Christmas Carol, so maybe the numbers are spot on.

TorquieTwoBeers

Forum Clout
More info from him. Basically, no way in hell has the pig ever seen a royalty check. Fucking ribs.

View attachment 16767

"He's bleeding money", also followers.
He's definitely right about the BookScan membership. I looked into it a long while back and it was like $2,000 a year. I had been hoping it was like $100 a year because I would have paid that in a heartbeat.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Makes sense, he’s been writing on spec for over a year without a contract. He’s just throwing stuff at the wall to see if it sticks. It’s why he keeps starting so many new awful projects. He’s tried shoving in every SJW Woke bullshit into his books and still can’t get anything published. Might also be because he’s a straight white cis male which unless you’ve got something really good they won’t even read what you submit. They don’t print his books in hard back and you can’t even find them in most stores.

DanMullen'sRetardedNephew

Opie Simp
Forum Clout
I can maybe see these as accurate if it's only counting physical copies. ebook sales over the last few years have exploded, plus there's audiobooks, so I could see doubling or even tripling these numbers for total sales.

As awful as it is The Ark was moderately successful and scored him his three-book Tor deal, so 5,000+ copies seems reasonable, perhaps more than that. But he definitely went downhill from there. Those numbers for In The Black just seem stupidly low, however, and make me question all of the numbers.

Then again, he's currently shitting out a satirical alternate history version of A Christmas Carol, so maybe the numbers are spot on.
I can believe the numbers for In the Black. It was the book with all the typos and grammatical errors in the Amazon description, that nobody - not even the pig or his editor picked up on. It wasn't until we mocked it on the old forums that fixes were made. Imagine how many errors were in the book itself.

TorquieTwoBeers

Forum Clout
I can believe the numbers for In the Black. It was the book with all the typos and grammatical errors in the Amazon description, that nobody - not even the pig or his editor picked up on. It wasn't until we mocked it on the old forums that fixes were made. Imagine how many errors were in the book itself.
I agree but man, that seems so low for a book released by a major publisher like Tor. Something funny to think about is that Pat buys lots of copies of his book at cost (or whatever the price books stores pay is called) so he can hand-sell them. So given how poorly In The Black is doing, he probably has boxes and boxes of them.

Clint Ruin

I'm sorry, who are you?
Forum Clout
This would at least prove that these faggots only buy books from eachother. Which is what I believe to be the case. They steal money from the government, then use shit like these cons as write offs, then sell books in the same circles. We can all agree, this how the financial system should work, and that they’re fat faggots.
SFWA is one big pyramid scheme. Everyone selling shit to each other and then telling the world "look, I'm a real author". They're all fucking rubes.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
I agree but man, that seems so low for a book released by a major publisher like Tor. Something funny to think about is that Pat buys lots of copies of his book at cost (or whatever the price books stores pay is called) so he can hand-sell them. So given how poorly In The Black is doing, he probably has boxes and boxes of them.
Don’t forget he only brought a couple copies of his book for the signing. He couldn’t afford the extra luggage costs and nobody had it for sale at the convention. Money is getting tight for the Tomlinson’s and the PPP loans are spent. I read that over 100 billion of PPP was used improperly so hopefully Pat gets pinched soon.

DanMullen'sRetardedNephew

Opie Simp
Forum Clout
Only a couple of authors at TOR actually make a profit. Funnily enough, they're the wrongthink kind who aren't welcome at Worldcon. The rest of them are like Pat, who were hired for their politics and twitter presence and don't sell books.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
The one guy on KF said there are books that sell 10X what Pat's books sell and they still lose money. Is it really that hard to turn profit in publishing? His one book sold ~1,000 copies - so even if it sold 10,000 or 12,000 copies, the publisher could still possibly lose money?

Didn't he say he became an author for the money? That appears to have been a bad decision!

G

You must be mistaken. They hyped it up as being based off of that popular Tom Clancy book "Hunt for The Red October". Note: the blurb on the Amazon page still says "It's Hunt For The Red October in Space". Jesus Christ, can you get any more amateurish? Like that other dumb bitch with her "My lesbian version of Master and Commander in Space". What a bunch of uncreative bores.

G

It's an all time count for physical copies sold.
5-CC9-A219-3405-47-A2-9106-737767-C9-E02-A.gif

G

The one guy on KF said there are books that sell 10X what Pat's books sell and they still lose money. Is it really that hard to turn profit in publishing? His one book sold ~1,000 copies - so even if it sold 10,000 or 12,000 copies, the publisher could still possibly lose money?

Didn't he say he became an author for the money? That appears to have been a bad decision!
Patrick has also admitted he takes the shitty advance deal just so he can pocket quick cash. It was probably smart for him since his books are dogshit, but he burned two publishers and now no one will touch him.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout
You must be mistaken. They hyped it up as being based off of that popular Tom Clancy book "Hunt for The Red October". Note: the blurb on the Amazon page still says "It's Hunt For The Red October in Space". Jesus Christ, can you get any more amateurish? Like that other dumb bitch with her "My lesbian version of Master and Commander in Space". What a bunch of uncreative bores.
They call themselves " creatives" when they just add gayness to an already successful story and try to sell it as an original idea.