• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Nobody has ever recommended me a piece of media, movie, music, tv show, that wasn't complete dogshit...

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
I really like the title screen song on Hotline Miami 2.

The palm trees in the background waving with the kinda sad sounding song playing fits the ending and gives you a hint on what to expect.

Hotline 2 wasn't as good good gameplay wise, but the music really much superior, and that's saying a lot because part 1 had a great soundtrack.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
What’s there even to recommend anymore? It’s all anti white and pro LGBT shit.
Not Hotline Miami. I recommend playing both and immersing yourself in the interesting plot and especially the music.

They're simple top down games. You're supposed to die plenty of times, you're not punished for it. The game even sometimes tells you in the hints during loading that you'll die and get used to it.

I know you're not a gamer, but if you ever wanted to play something interesting give it a shot.

Sounds corny, but it changed games for me. Made me appreciate small developers who put in an effort.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
My favorite song in the whole game. Makes me feel like a hero during the mission.

Fawwk I'm sorry for highjacking your thread but I really like Hotline Miami

G

My favorite song in the whole game. Makes me feel like a hero during the mission.

[MEDIA=youtube]rNWWJKiyOF8[/MEDIA]

Fawwk I'm sorry for highjacking your thread but I really like Hotline Miami
It's a great game, I've never been obsessed with a piece of media in a long time to where I'm looking up theories and wanting to know more about the characters.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
It's a great game, I've never been obsessed with a piece of media in a long time to where I'm looking up theories and wanting to know more about the characters.
Same here. I've watched the chronology videos and other explanation videos for the game and I still think about it here and there and will play some of the soundtrack.

Not sure if you seen this, but it's worth watching. It's an interview with the creators.

It's very sad at the 21:00 mark when he talks about how people reacted toward part 2 and threatened them and pretty much ruined the fun of making games and hanging out with the community on forums.

G

Same here. I've watched the chronology videos and other explanation videos for the game and I still think about it here and there and will play some of the soundtrack.

Not sure if you seen this, but it's worth watching. It's an interview with the creators.

[MEDIA=youtube]IcgmmBEEHsk[/MEDIA]

It's very sad at the 21:00 mark when he talks about how people reacted toward part 2 and threatened them and pretty much ruined the fun of making games and hanging out with the community on forums.
I haven't seen that I'll listen now. But yeah video game fans are the fucking worst. Worse than o&a fans, at least pests are funny when they fuck with you.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
I haven't seen that I'll listen now. But yeah video game fans are the fucking worst. Worse than o&a fans, at least pests are funny when they fuck with you.
Seriously. Especially since they're a team of just two people. Not a whole studio. They were proud and liked the game, but the difficulty was to high and people didn't like it.

They're cool dudes tbh. The game is banned in Australia due to it's violence and one of the creators himself told fans in Australia to pirate the game. Which is pretty cool and shows they just enjoyed making a simple top down shooter with 16 bit era inspired graphics in an era where people only play FPS games or games with ultra realistic visuals.

G

Seriously. Especially since they're a team of just two people. Not a whole studio. They were proud and liked the game, but the difficulty was to high and people didn't like it.

They're cool dudes tbh. The game is banned in Australia due to it's violence and one of the creators himself told fans in Australia to pirate the game. Which is pretty cool and shows they just enjoyed making a simple top down shooter with 16 bit era inspired graphics in an era where people only play FPS games or games with ultra realistic visuals.
So no pressure but what's another game you like since I enjoyed hotline so much? Someone also recommended some Japanese samurai game, I think it was snake.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
I really like the title screen song on Hotline Miami 2.

The palm trees in the background waving with the kinda sad sounding song playing fits the ending and gives you a hint on what to expect.

Hotline 2 wasn't as good good gameplay wise, but the music really much superior, and that's saying a lot because part 1 had a great soundtrack.
I used to think the 2nd had a better soundtrack but I'm not sure now. I think 2 has a soundtrack that immediately hooks you but the original has more slow burn stuff that's better. Not really the same thing but Katana Zero is PFG if you haven't played it yet.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
So no pressure but what's another game you like since I enjoyed hotline so much? Someone also recommended some Japanese samurai game, I think it was snake.
I really only enjoy GTA online. Having the ability to drive around and do whatever I want and take out my aggression on pedestrians in the game and stuff.

I'm such an old veteran at the game that I just go around helping people with missions or giving rides to people who need a lift. I also attack players who are being jerks and attacks others for no reason.

I'll play other things but never get the engagement as much as I do with GTA and that's been the case since GTA 1 in 1998. I've practically bought every console since PS1 as a way to play the newest versions of GTA. I'm a whore to the series.

G

I really only enjoy GTA online. Having the ability to drive around and do whatever I want and take out my aggression on pedestrians in the game and stuff.

I'm such an old veteran at the game that I just go around helping people with missions or giving rides to people who need a lift. I also attack players who are being jerks and attacks others for no reason.

I'll play other things but never get the engagement as much as I do with GTA and that's been the case since GTA 1 in 1998. I've practically bought every console since PS1 as a way to play the newest versions of GTA. I'm a whore to the series.
Oh yeah same here, GTA is the only game I like. But I stopped playing GTA V online coz kids were swearing at me and I felt like a weirdo swearing back.