• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Let’s Have a Hobby Thread

Dummy Gaynuts

Pookie-pie water-pig
Forum Clout
No ancients, but I do have a few colonial era coins and a few British ones from the 1700s. I like half dollars and dollars but I'll collect anything. I've been getting into mint errors lately too.
Not to offend, but how high is the general level of autism around coin collecting? I'm interested in highly autistic hobbies myself, so ya know

N64 Cube

Cap'n Geech & The Shrimp Shack Shooters
Forum Clout
Are these just random home restorations or do you restore old show recordings? Stuff like Tough Crowd or SNL that never got DVD releases but survived through tapes. That's basically what myspleen is for.
Sorry I should have been more detailed. It’s peoples home movies. Home movies they took on like old vhs camcorders or double 8mm cameras. They send me the tapes and I process videos to software, clean it up etc. and transfer that to DVD

edit- before anyone asks, no, I haven’t seen any interesting shit like people fucking,murders, or any illegal stuff. If I were, I wouldn’t continue with the project. I would return the videos to the sender. One program I use is called AviSynth

Last edited:
Forum Clout
Not to offend, but how high is the general level of autism around coin collecting? I'm interested in highly autistic hobbies myself, so ya know
I think the cost involved inhibits that a bit. For example, if you're trying to put together a full set of Lincoln cents, there are a few dates that are going to cost you a significant amount of money. Grading is everything now, and it's expensive, so someone obsessed with getting the highest graded examples is going to need a lot of cash to make that happen.

IMO the worst aspects of the hobby are: professional coin dealers, 75% of whom are elitist assholes, scam artists looking to rip new collectors off and dipshits who think they're finding all kinds of rare specimens in their pocket change, which almost never happens.

FranksWirecutters

Glow nigger. Got any of those IPs for me?
Forum Clout
Sorry I should have been more detailed. It’s peoples home movies. Home movies they took on like old vhs camcorders or double 8mm cameras. They send me the tapes and I process videos to software, clean it up etc. and transfer that to DVD

edit- before anyone asks, no, I haven’t seen any interesting shit like people fucking,murders, or any illegal stuff. If I were, I wouldn’t continue with the project. I would return the videos to the sender. One program I use is called AviSynth
I still asked

P

potatopeeler63

Was an amateur bodybuilder, placed in a few shows in my early 20's but didn't have good genetics/not disciplined enough (too much weed and opiates) to make any money off it, and all that instagram shilling for sponsors is super gay. Used tren, deca, winny, dbol, etc in the past, but it takes a toll so now i just use test (150mg a week) aka TRT. And to win in Bodybuilding you have to look retarded now with a HGH gut, i never got that big, just like a frank zane size but obviously without the greek god proportions. just an hour a day now doing a brosplit 5-6days a week and you can pretty much eat whatever you want and drink vodka sodas like a fish. I guess it's not a hobby really but i go fawkin deep wit it so it's all i got *sniff*.

Karl_Childers_Blade

I ain't got nothing but them books
Forum Clout
how big of a pain in the ass was it to get a home studio built?
Not as bad as you would think, I built my own bass traps, which made a huge difference with actually hearing low end frequencies accurately. The only thing I can't record is a full live drum kit, I just don't have the space for that (almost all drums you hear these days are sampled anyways). The hardware is cheap if you look in the right place and wait for deals and VST plugins can mostly be pirated. As far as hardware a new generation hexacore cpu will let you record with about 4ms of latency. It's just a slow process collecting all of the shit you need for modern music. I bought a hardware Distressor compressor and I can't tell the difference between it and the VST version of it.

Calculating Bovinity

My name's Pat-reek, the Five-Ton Freak, child
Forum Clout
Was an amateur bodybuilder, placed in a few shows in my early 20's but didn't have good genetics/not disciplined enough (too much weed and opiates) to make any money off it, and all that instagram shilling for sponsors is super gay. Used tren, deca, winny, dbol, etc in the past, but it takes a toll so now i just use test (150mg a week) aka TRT. And to win in Bodybuilding you have to look retarded now with a HGH gut, i never got that big, just like a frank zane size but obviously without the greek god proportions. just an hour a day now doing a brosplit 5-6days a week and you can pretty much eat whatever you want and drink vodka sodas like a fish. I guess it's not a hobby really but i go fawkin deep wit it so it's all i got *sniff*.

Seeing as you're experienced with roids, can you tell just by looking at someone's physique if they're likely juiced up?

Also, does this logic ring true:
- Big, i.e. muscular
- Lean
- Natural

Pick two, because you can't have all three

fenrir

Holding hands in a circle of N-words
Forum Clout
Navy Seals carry sewing kits with them, and often sew their own clothes while on mission. So having a machine that can do that makes it even more manly. It's like having an auto .50 cal, but for my shirts. So making fun of me would be like making fun of a Navy Seal. Don't even try it.
Have you seen the Seals lately?

210205173653-desktop-transgender-navy-seal-acfc-super-169.jpg

Do you do your own nails too?

P

potatopeeler63

Seeing as you're experienced with roids, can you tell just by looking at someone's physique if they're likely juiced up?

Also, does this logic ring true:
- Big, i.e. muscular
- Lean
- Natural

Pick two, because you can't have all three
Yea, 100%. The big sign is if they have big arms , like visibly big and they dont have a gut /have abs. Practically impossible to be big and lean natural unless you’re like 40 and been training hardcore for 20 years. Like the spartans in 300 are a prime example of roids.

And yea, totally. You can’t be big lean and natural. Every youtube vlogger that is big and lean is on something, like the hodge twins who claim natural when theyre clearly not Or john cena who also claims natty. Or any ufc fighter. You simply can’t compete in pro sports at champion caliber especially ultimate fighting if you’re not juiiced. Like nate diaz says nobody is natty. And you dont even have to be big to be juicing, you can stay the same weight but take stuff like equipoise or anavar to increase endurance.

i have a good friend of a friend who has connections with mike trout and he says trout is on hgh and test year round and mlb turns the other way because he’s the superstar. It’s insanely easy to do an offseason cycle and put on 15-20 lbs like randy arozarena did on the rays and say you eat chicken and rice and normies just believe it. Easy 16 week cycle when the reg season ends and it’s clear before spring training

Last edited by a moderator:

Snake

Forum Clout
My buddy I lift with asked me if I wanted to get into anabolic steroids. Hard pass, definitely not worth it unless you’re close to the pros or a scholarship. Im thinkin about gettin on some creatine though
If you've never touched a weight in your life, the amount of newbie gains you'd add in six months, guys that have been in it for 15-20 years would kill for. No fucking reason to supplement that lifestyle with drugs unless you want to be 5% bodyfat all year and get bone cancer at 50.

Don't like Creatine since it makes you retain water. It helps with performance, but as soon as you're off it, you know the difference in the gym.

I got lazy during Covid but I started back up about two months ago and I'm almost back to where I was. My numbers have been climbing quickly as I got out of that comfort zone shit, and I'm lifting heavier and pushing beyond that "my muscles are burning and I'm going to stop after the next rep"shit and push 5-6 more out. That little window at the end of the set is what makes the muscle grow. But, if you hit a failure before that, that's just as good.

You really want to cook yourself, do a drop set at the very end of your sets for whatever move you're doing. It trims workouts so it's shorter and you're keeping the pump going at it's peak, and that set will be the worst one since it's not "hard" to do. It's just that your muscle is fucked and it's just will power at that point. Also, keep rest periods short between sets. Unless you're doing a bigger muscle group like chest, back or legs and you're using a lot of weight. I stick with with one minute with small and two with large groups.

Last edited:

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
Forum Clout
I'm a music fag. Started getting heavy into music around the age of 11 or 12, when vinyl was still the dominant format. Mainly punk and metal but my taste expanded considerably over the years.

During the late 80s and early 90s, chain records stores started selling off their vinyl for pennies on the dollar and I cleaned up. This was also the time when you could walk into any thrift store USA and find some amazing stuff for cheap.

Used to go to record conventions and take week long trips to visit stores in other cities, but slowed down when ebay and Discogs came on the scene.

I don't consider myself "a collector" I don't buy shit I won't listen to because its "a collectors item" or "a rarity" etc.
Last count I have just under 12K LPs and around 3k 45s.

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
Forum Clout
If you've never touched a weight in your life, the amount of newbie gains you'd add in six months, guys that have been in it for 15-20 years would kill for. No fucking reason to supplement that lifestyle with drugs unless you want to be 5% bodyfat all year and get bone cancer at 50.

Don't like Creatine since it makes you retain water. It helps with performance, but as soon as you're off it, you know the difference in the gym.

I got lazy during Covid but I started back up about two months ago and I'm almost back to where I was. My numbers have been climbing quickly as I got out of that comfort zone shit, and I'm lifting heavier and pushing beyond that "my muscles are burning and I'm going to stop after the next rep"shit and push 5-6 more out. That little window at the end of the set is what makes the muscle grow. But, if you hit a failure before that, that's just as good.

You really want to cook yourself, do a drop set at the very end of your sets for whatever move you're doing. It trims workouts so it's shorter and you're keeping the pump going at it's peak, and that set will be the worst one since it's not "hard" to do. It's just that your muscle is fucked and it's just will power at that point. Also, keep rest periods short between sets. Unless you're doing a bigger muscle group like chest, back or legs and you're using a lot of weight. I stick with with one minute with small and two with large groups.
I lifted a lot in high school just from wrestling and playing football. Once I went to college I just completely stopped working out. Only about a year ago I started doing a shit ton of prison style workouts to where I was cranking out crazy numbers of pushups and pullups but without really putting on muscle. I despise going to gyms so luckily a buddy from work has a full weight set so we been on that griiiiind nigga! We out here baby lesssgooooo

Snake

Forum Clout
I lifted a lot in high school just from wrestling and playing football. Once I went to college I just completely stopped working out. Only about a year ago I started doing a shit ton of prison style workouts to where I was cranking out crazy numbers of pushups and pullups but without really putting on muscle. I despise going to gyms so luckily a buddy from work has a full weight set so we been on that griiiiind nigga! We out here baby lesssgooooo
If you weren't adding anything, you didn't get enough calories/protein a day. You don't need equipment to build a good physique, it's just more tedious since it's limited to just pushups, pullups and squats and you need to do variations of the three.