• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

It might be very good...

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout
Im convinced Pat is using AI to write the majority of the last 4 chapters of that shit book. He hasnt ever produced at this rate. Now all of a sudden he hammers out 4 chapters in a week.

1702570107003.png

quasi101

the $83,736.99 fugitive
Forum Clout
Im convinced Pat is using AI to write the majority of the last 4 chapters of that shit book. He hasnt ever produced at this rate. Now all of a sudden he hammers out 4 chapters in a week.

View attachment 170900
He's a fat liar who lies fatly. so he's lying. With that out of the way.

Since this is lit crit , and I have no idea how writing a book works. In general it would seem the end would Probably be easier right? You should just be tying up everything?

I suppose it could be difficult if you wrote yourself Into a corner and need a clever, consistent non deus ex machina way to end it, but Rick doesn't care about it actually being good or consistent.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
He's a far liar who lies fatly. so he's lying. With that out of the way.

Since this is lit crit , and I have no idea how writing a book works. In general it would seem the end would Probably be easier right? You should just be tying up everything?
I think what you’re saying is right but also consider he said not even a month ago he finally figured out the ending to his story and who killed Scrooge. Unless you’re literally a prolific thinker AND writer i’m not sure how in the span of a month you decide how your story ends then actually write 4+ chapters of it.

Slackjawed Cow

Forum Clout
He's a far liar who lies fatly. so he's lying. With that out of the way.

I suppose it could be difficult if you wrote yourself Into a corner and need a clever, consistent non deus ex machina way to end it, but Rick doesn't care about it actually being good or consistent.
I look forward to reading the legitimate reviews. I hope those that are willing to put themselves through reading his awful writing will remember to take note of the last 4 chapters to see how rushed it is compared to the rest of the book. I fully expect people to say how it changes tone all over the place since its taken years and he gets so drunk that he cant remember what he wrote the week before. It will be just as bipolar as he is.

G

This frustrates me to the point that I have to stop thinking about it. What the fuck????? Who writes a book like that? If he explained that it was a starting point or a productivity technique or a crutch but no, he talks about word count like it’s this accepted standard of novel writing. Fucking retard.
It's pleasing at least that it's such an arduous and unpleasant slog for him. "Only 1,733 words to go. Oink!"

lil chud

Everyone I don't like is a pedophile
Forum Clout
Pat may have some bad takes as a person, but he's a really good writer. Does anyone know if he's taking pre-orders yet? Last time my wife wanted "In the Black" and I tried grabbing the collector's hard cover edition from Barnes & Noble after work but it had already sold out. I'm not making that mistake again!

AliceWorquer

Fat bitch with faggot tits
Forum Clout

View attachment 170900
I sure fucking hope so. If he wasn't such a faggot about self publishing he'd be using gpt to edit the whole thing and have it out for Christmas. It's kind of a shame if he is though, because self publishing is beneath him and no publisher on the planet would put out something he made quickly with AI. He isn't nearly smart enough to blend it seamlessly with his own unique style.

Slackjawed Cow

Forum Clout
I sure fucking hope so. If he wasn't such a faggot about self publishing he'd be using gpt to edit the whole thing and have it out for Christmas. It's kind of a shame if he is though, because self publishing is beneath him and no publisher on the planet would put out something he made quickly with AI. He isn't nearly smart enough to blend it seamlessly with his own unique style.
His natural writing style is worse than AI generated. So it would be an improvement.

Cptbaldopie

Forum Clout
I think he is thinking way past actually putting out a good book. He is thinking that it could be picked up for a movie/series/tv show. If you can strike gold with a successful seasonal movie/song you can die rich and never need to have another hit again if it becomes a staple of the holidays like A Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, Mariah Carey xmas songs. It pretty much guarantees a steady income stream at the end of the year for possibly generations.
He doesn't even have to worry about financially taking care of generations.

DeadWithoutMyDavid

xe/xim/xey
Forum Clout
In Misery, Paul Sheldon celebrates completing his manuscript with a glass of champagne and a cigarette.

How will Pat celebrate?
His shitty Misery's Return novel was a million times better than anything Pat has ever produced. However I would like it if fat Jackie burst into the hovel and hobbled him, since she's his number one fan.

Last edited: