• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Euros 2024

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
They just showed the live crowd reaction of the fan event in Munich and it took me a couple seconds to realize they were all wearing red and were all brown people and they were rooting for Turkey.

Hitler could've gassed every Jew on earth and Germany still would've been fucked.
It's almost as if their land grabbing ways back fired and resulted in millions of German soldiers and civilians dying.

TorpidSloth

Forum Clout
Sorry scottishbros, love this stupid tune

This song has a lot to answer for.

I've lived outside of the UK for a while now, and it really helps you see how the rest of the world views England fans. Basically as entitled twats.

The song (I think) is supposed to be a whimsical tribute to the chasm between English expectations in tournament football and the crushing reality of their limitations. Add to that, the fact that it was released in 1996 for the Euros held in England.

But why is it "coming home?" Because some old geezer wrote down the rules in London in the nineteenth century? Does that mean we deserve to win tournaments? That we have some claim to glory over others? No.

Going out against Switzerland on Saturday would be fitting. We're a quarter final side. England have never won the Euros. Denmark have, Czechoslovakia did. Even bloody Greece has won it. Not the "three Lions" though.

I remember watching the 2018 World Cup. We somehow got to the semis only to get knocked out by Croatia. Afterwards, the BBC pundits were all commiserating and looking for positives. Jurgen Klinsmann was also in studio. He said that, a few days prior to the game, he'd bumped into an old acquaintance who now worked in the England set-up. The guy told him he had to go because he had to tell the hotel to extend the team's stay. "What do you mean?" asked Klinsmann. The man said they had an arrangement where they had some flexibilty with the duration of the stay, depending on how far they got in the tournament. Klinsmann was stunned. "That's your problem," he told Lineker and the rest, "because with Germany, we book the hotel to the final, every tournament, every time, because we believe we deserve to be there."

That view would be considered arrogant by most Brits. But it's how winners think. Especially in sports. England are the Tim Henmans of international football, but the fans expect them to be Federer, though neither side really believes it.

alkiefuck2

don't call me scarface
Forum Clout
This song has a lot to answer for.

I've lived outside of the UK for a while now, and it really helps you see how the rest of the world views England fans. Basically as entitled twats.

The song (I think) is supposed to be a whimsical tribute to the chasm between English expectations in tournament football and the crushing reality of their limitations. Add to that, the fact that it was released in 1996 for the Euros held in England.

But why is it "coming home?" Because some old geezer wrote down the rules in London in the nineteenth century? Does that mean we deserve to win tournaments? That we have some claim to glory over others? No.

Going out against Switzerland on Saturday would be fitting. We're a quarter final side. England have never won the Euros. Denmark have, Czechoslovakia did. Even bloody Greece has won it. Not the "three Lions" though.

I remember watching the 2018 World Cup. We somehow got to the semis only to get knocked out by Croatia. Afterwards, the BBC pundits were all commiserating and looking for positives. Jurgen Klinsmann was also in studio. He said that, a few days prior to the game, he'd bumped into an old acquaintance who now worked in the England set-up. The guy told him he had to go because he had to tell the hotel to extend the team's stay. "What do you mean?" asked Klinsmann. The man said they had an arrangement where they had some flexibilty with the duration of the stay, depending on how far they got in the tournament. Klinsmann was stunned. "That's your problem," he told Lineker and the rest, "because with Germany, we book the hotel to the final, every tournament, every time, because we believe we deserve to be there."

That view would be considered arrogant by most Brits. But it's how winners think. Especially in sports. England are the Tim Henmans of international football, but the fans expect them to be Federer, though neither side really believes it.
I wonder if it's just a UK specific thing but it seems the players give more of a fuck about club football than international, relative to other countries like the ones you mentioned.
You's are normally solid on paper but always have a wank manager and/or just play kinda shite.
I haven't watched a single euro game this year so I could be talking out of my arse.

TorpidSloth

Forum Clout
I wonder if it's just a UK specific thing but it seems the players give more of a fuck about club football than international, relative to other countries like the ones you mentioned.
You's are normally solid on paper but always have a wank manager and/or just play kinda shite.
I haven't watched a single euro game this year so I could be talking out of my arse.
I haven't watched many games (didn't even bother with a couple of England's) but a couple of mates are always really into the tournos, and they've both said that, aside from a couple of games, it's been a pretty shit competition so far.

With the club vs country thing, I think there's a few factors.

The best English players generally play for clubs managed by Spaniards, Italians, Germans etc. And their teammates are from those countries and South America or Africa. They're flattered by the players around them and the systems they play in for 9 months a year. Then, every couple of years, they're expected to go and play in a different, more workmanlike system, without all the skillful and clever dagos around to make them look better.

Then you've got the overblown media and fan pressure I mentioned before. Ultimately though, they're professionals, and none of these things should matter. All most fans want to see is the players giving their all. Go out on your shield. Not like a wet fart. Stop passing it back to Pickford for him to hump it up the pitch straight to the opponent. They play like a team who don't want to lose, not like a team that want to win.

TorpidSloth

Forum Clout
Lol
Screenshot_20240703-125858_X.jpg

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
Going to be watching it with people who don't really like football tonight but will watch England in competitions.

I am going to drink so much I vomit on the living room floor.