Dovid turning the screws

I wasn't a fan. It was a favor to throw Kev a show on the Saturday Night Virus. Kev wanted to be on once a month while I was juggling Uninformed, Black Philip, Lazlow, Than & Sam and others. I don't know why Kev thought he deserved a weekly show but if my choice for the next Saturday is Bill Burr or Fat fucking Toy Store Kev, I'm choosing Bill every time. I saw Big Kev at Monster Mania in NJ back in like 2006. Big WOW logo behind him. Glossy 8x10's ready to go. Not one person around his table, nobody had any fucking idea who he was. It's a horror movie con and he's literally a guy who's been on the air a few times. That's it. The fact that he was there with 8x10's and sharpies was enough to make me want to ridicule him for the rest of his days. He really thought he was this wicked untapped talent for being to book Sam Jones or doing a LEGO set on the air.

Big Kev, if you're reading this, fuck you ya smelly loaf.
Thanks, I do remember listening to some SNV shows like Black Phillip, Lazlow, Special Delivery, Than & Sam but never once heard Big Kev.

Of all the non-celebs (who I am assuming there were tons of entitled cunts in that pool) who did the show like the comedians (Burr, Patrice), the entertainment friends (Lazlow, Kev, AVGN) to the freaks (Twitchels, Half a Hulk Face, Bobo) who acted with the most sense of entitlement like ordering interns around and just being a cunt in general?

HH Brother

I wanna fuck you up the ass, funster.
I wasn't a fan. It was a favor to throw Kev a show on the Saturday Night Virus. Kev wanted to be on once a month while I was juggling Uninformed, Black Philip, Lazlow, Than & Sam and others. I don't know why Kev thought he deserved a weekly show but if my choice for the next Saturday is Bill Burr or Fat fucking Toy Store Kev, I'm choosing Bill every time. I saw Big Kev at Monster Mania in NJ back in like 2006. Big WOW logo behind him. Glossy 8x10's ready to go. Not one person around his table, nobody had any fucking idea who he was. It's a horror movie con and he's literally a guy who's been on the air a few times. That's it. The fact that he was there with 8x10's and sharpies was enough to make me want to ridicule him for the rest of his days. He really thought he was this wicked untapped talent for being to book Sam Jones or doing a LEGO set on the air.

So happy for you that you're not still playing remember when everyday and moved on, jewster.

I still maintain that one of the funniest things ever did was change the pad data during Big Kev's show to "Big Kev's Greek Stuff" and then the subsequent subheading would just be like, "spanakopita" or something.

Or "Big Kev's Gay Treehouse".

He would get SO MAD about it too. He was broadcasting from Anthony's one night and Anthony thought it would be funny to bust in and take over the stream since he could do that from another machine. So we did that, for like..maybe a minute, goofed on him and sent the stream back to him. He went APESHIT afterward blaming me for it all when it wasn't even my idea in the first place.

I remember another time where Kev texted Anthony to remind him that he got married and would be expecting a gift. What kind of cunt does that?

Of all the non-celebs (who I am assuming there were tons of entitled cunts in that pool) who did the show like the comedians (Burr, Patrice), the entertainment friends (Lazlow, Kev, AVGN) to the freaks (Twitchels, Half a Hulk Face, Bobo) who acted with the most sense of entitlement like ordering interns around and just being a cunt in general?

Easily Big Kev. If you listen to the first few weeks of O&A at XM, you'll hear a lot of Kev. That's because he just kept showing up. Day after day, there he is. We finally tell Kev he's not an intern/staff and can't just show up everyday. The following week, Kev shows up. We ask Ben if anybody put Kev on the guest list. Nobody had. Kev had convinced the XM Office Manager that he was staff, and had a building ID made for himself so he could come and go as he pleased. Obviously once we found out, that was confiscated and Kev was on everyone's shitlist for a while.

Then there was the day Kurt Russell came to CBS. We were told in advance, numerous times that Kurt would NOT be signing ANYTHING no exceptions. I'm a huge The Thing fan, and while I would have loved to get something signed, I left my shit home knowing Kurt didn't want to sign. Kev had permission to come by that day and right when Kurt was leaving the studio, Kev busts out an Escape From NY poster and shoves it in his face with a Sharpie. Kurt signed it to be polite and kept moving. Kev was blacklisted after that.

AnthonyCumio

FEEDNANA

I ordered and received a signed Flash Gordon DVD from Big Kev's Geek Stuff. Signed by Sam J. Jones and Melody Anderson.

The show wasn't bad. Too bad you didn't tolerate him enough and decided to put that bore Lazlow and Bill Burr and the intolerable Black Philip idiocy on the Saturday Night Virus.

Than and Sam and the Special Delivery shows were both pretty good, too.

You don't seem to know how to recognize talent.

Was it the stlaker he fucked and dropped and then she left him dozens of really long voicemails?

No.

Danny, when working for O&A, what was the show/moment that made you realize the show fucking sucks and it’s embarrassing to be a part of? Was there a tipping point?

When I was driving home one day during the CBS era and heard a promo for Cat Noise Wednesday.

What the fuck was that?

Was this like a one off joke promo? Was there a whole show of cat noises? I don’t remember this at all.

This was another Opie-ism. There was shit that Opie thought was funny but nobody else did. But since you weren't allowed to criticize him, you were just forced to roll with it, so you ended up with this, Is Tom Alive Monday, Rock Scream Tuesday, etc. It was fucking awful, and there was nothing anyone could do or Opie would scold you for not knowing radio which he's been doing since he's 18 and you might want to think about whether or not you belong here.

Between this shit and Anthony's daily race/Obama rants, it wasn't a huge surprise to start losing affiliates until there were none left at all.

Easily Big Kev. If you listen to the first few weeks of O&A at XM, you'll hear a lot of Kev. That's because he just kept showing up. Day after day, there he is. We finally tell Kev he's not an intern/staff and can't just show up everyday. The following week, Kev shows up. We ask Ben if anybody put Kev on the guest list. Nobody had. Kev had convinced the XM Office Manager that he was staff, and had a building ID made for himself so he could come and go as he pleased. Obviously once we found out, that was confiscated and Kev was on everyone's shitlist for a while.

Then there was the day Kurt Russell came to CBS. We were told in advance, numerous times that Kurt would NOT be signing ANYTHING no exceptions. I'm a huge The Thing fan, and while I would have loved to get something signed, I left my shit home knowing Kurt didn't want to sign. Kev had permission to come by that day and right when Kurt was leaving the studio, Kev busts out an Escape From NY poster and shoves it in his face with a Sharpie. Kurt signed it to be polite and kept moving. Kev was blacklisted after that.
What's the big deal? It's not like Big Kev rushed out of the studio while on the clock to go to a guitar store and stake out the building exits to fail getting it signed by slash. Do you know anyone who might have done that at their time at Sirius XM?

it wasn't a huge surprise to start losing affiliates until there were none left at all.
There's this long YouTube compilation video called "Losing FreeFM" (or something to that effect) that details the show getting the boot from CBS. It is fascinating to listen to with all we know in hindsight (plus I didn't really listen to the show from 2007-9).

One of Opie's main gripes with CBS/Citadel while they were still on those stations was that the affiliates weren't doing enough to build around/promote the show. After they get kicked off, there is a fight between Nana & Gregg where they both accuse the other of not coming to enough sales meetings, not taking calls from their agent (Opie loved telling everyone who he was ignoring), dealing with PDs with nothing but hostility, station managers etc. This is also the first fight where Opie says the show is going to go away soon.

The same thing would happen to them when they would bitch about management at Sirius in 2013 during the last years of the Gary and when Tom came on board. They (especially Opie) would complain that they don't want to struggle or slap a show together because they are radio veterans and that phase of their career is over.

I guess Anthony's recent "what makes a show a good show/if everyone has a podcast no one has a podcast" monologue has the same energy as well.

When Jim decided Chip was an Opie analogue, he would make jokes calling Opie entitled and yeah that does check out. All their bitching about companies' treatment of them and not attending meetings/caring about anything really did reek of entitlement.

Oh well. Nana will die acting entitled while having a heart attack as Missy starts to pillage whatever is left from his stuff/online banking accounts.

BUBBLER

I Don’t Simpsons simp…

I listened to almost every xm show between 2005 and 2014 and I have no idea who kev is.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
The same thing would happen to them when they would bitch about management at Sirius in 2013 during the last years of the Gary and when Tom came on board.
Sirius literally sent in people to fire Opie and Anthony. Tim Sabean flat out was just there to break up the show and do nothing else. Norton accused him on the air of being a Stern flunkie who was sabotaging the show and soon enough Sabean would be fired. Even Opie who was personal friends with Tim and would work with him again in the future was right to push him out the door. Tim's firing and entire employment saga from the Stern show could be its own television miniseries.

Of course they hated Sirius management. Everyone but the Stern Show hates the entire Sirius corporate board and management team. These are the same retards that fired Dennis Falcone and thought that Rogan and things like podcasts had no future.

But don't worry some C-list celebrity will get $200million to do a monthly podcast for a few years. That will turn the company around.

Of course they hated Sirius management. Everyone but the Stern Show hates the entire Sirius corporate board and management team.
Tim was probably there to move the show to afternoons so that Sirius scored points with Stern.

As much as Sirius hated the show, I wonder if the company really were aware how much less popular the show had become and was meaningless to their bottomline. Between 2009 and 2014, I never heard anyone discuss the show publicly.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
As much as Sirius hated the show, I wonder if the company really were aware how much less popular the show had become and was meaningless to their bottomline. Between 2009 and 2014, I never heard anyone discuss the show any satellite radio show publicly.
The show must have been doing well enough for Opie and Jim to score another contract and basically retain their entire staff sans Anthony. But the truth is that no one talks about satellite radio period. Everyone will talk about the next hot HBO show like 'White Lotus' or 'Big Little Lies' that is written as much for women as for men. People will get sucked into mass marketed crap like Barbie or Oppenheimer. A new podcast will go viral or get astroturfed everywhere once a month.

When is the last time anyone really cared in large numbers about anything that happened on satellite radio? At this point Stern's retirement or Sirius being sold to Apple would not register with anyone without being spammed in the mainstream media nonstop.