• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Dovid turning the screws

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Forum Clout
The only person I remember taking vacation outside of show breaks was Erik.
Shit, i forgot about that obvious fact. The show had tons of breaks, so like a teacher, you really shouldn't be taking much time off outside those breaks. Oh, E Rock

I'm remembering now, Sam's honeymoon was during a show break

Last edited:

Harry Powell

Bruce is more helpful to Defendants than Plaintiff
Forum Clout
It's hard to answer questions when I'm just called a liar anyway, but that situation was reversed. It used to be fun hanging at his house when it was us and our chicks or family stuff but it slowly became that "poker crew" of Fred, Big A, Mike The Cop and them and I just didn't wanna deal with them on my off time. I wanna hang out, not listen to what you thought of the show that day, or hear you go "tssssssss" every single time a word contains "chip". So, I had begin tapering off and eventually I got a text asking to hang out one night and I just responded honestly. I don't want to head over there if it's going to be that wackpack crowd. He was VERY offended, and that was the end of that. This wasn't too long after the Kurt Love / Bobo's sister thing so I was hesitant to go over there in the first.

I also believe this, even though it’s coming from the Jewster. There’s no way Anth wouldn’t be UHHHHFENDED (and deeply hurt) by that.

It’s also exactly how I imagine the poker nights to go, just add in some farting and locker room talk.

BenDovid

Forum Clout
better than you were at least

But he wasn't though. He literally didn't DO anything except be a receptacle for fat jokes. He created nothing, generated no content, submitted nothing interesting. His biggest contributions were clipping lines of Simpsons and Family Guy for show use. That was probably the single biggest contribution he ever made toward producing the radio show. If you're a big fan of "This is going great" or "HA-HA", you can thank Erik directly. Mr. Inside Radio with all his contacts....works at CompoundMedia.

was it an accident? @BenDovid , comment?

It wasn't planned but there was plenty of time to hit the dump button. From what I recall, Anthony had a dump and there was a second dump in the control room. The number is going out live. Opie could have hung up. Anthony could have dumped. Travis could have dumped. Nobody did anything. Erik was a spoiled rich kid. His dad owned golf courses in Florida.

Shit, i forgot about that obvious fact. The show had tons of breaks, so like a teacher, you really shouldn't be taking much time off outside those breaks. Oh, E Rock

I'm remembering now, Sam's honeymoon was during a show break

Pingo.

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
Anyway, remind me what I was doing on this day in 2008 and talk about it for a while.
I wouldn't know. This might come as a shock but whenever I do discuss a long-defunct radio show, the antics of one of several producers are gonna be pretty low on the list compared to almost everything else related to it.

That's not an idle statement. You can easily go and check my posting history for any unprompted mention of your names, Hebrew or Gentile. I guarantee you'll struggle to find more than a handful of passing mentions in four years of posting. The vast majority will be a response to you sticking your beak in and demanding our attention. It's probably the same for most users here.

I think you're overestimating the size of the space you occupy in our minds a tad, which isn't anywhere near as vast as you seem to think despite your best efforts to inflate it by consistently interjecting.

Voscabulary

the lord chief constable knows I'm owen
Forum Clout
But he wasn't though. He literally didn't DO anything except be a receptacle for fat jokes. He created nothing, generated no content, submitted nothing interesting. His biggest contributions were clipping lines of Simpsons and Family Guy for show use. That was probably the single biggest contribution he ever made toward producing the radio show. If you're a big fan of "This is going great" or "HA-HA", you can thank Erik directly. Mr. Inside Radio with all his contacts....works at CompoundMedia.
and yet, erock is still far more beloved than you ever were. I swear danny, every time I start to finally warm up to you, you go on to demonstrate you're still a resentful arse with zero self-awareness

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Forum Clout
It’s also exactly how I imagine the poker nights to go, just add in some farting and locker room talk.
You don't picture Cumpound Poker Nights as glamorous affairs with smartly-dressed men and beautiful women?
maxresdefault.jpg

:image_4848:
:image_4848_m:
:image_4848_lg:

BenDovid

Forum Clout
to you sticking your beak in and demanding our attention.

Oh right, I forgot I started this here thread where I would screenshot every last one of my tweets and replies.

consistently interjecting.

That's what answering questions is? Interjecting?

and yet, erock is still far more beloved than you ever were. I swear danny, every time I start to finally warm up to you, you go on to demonstrate you're still a resentful arse with zero self-awareness

Erik was paid to be a fat joke, and that's why you love him. Travis/Sam and I were the actual staff. Erik was eating sandwiches with Roland while looking at Mr. Skin. You and I have different Erock experiences. You listened to his ineptitude. I experienced him every last work day for over 8 years. Don't act like I'm the only guy who thought Erik was useless. If I thought Erik had value I'd just say so, and be able to point to things he did. He showed up late everyday. Never had any prep. Didn't make any production. Didn't screen calls. Hung out in the office with Roland & Kenny the entire show. Now watch that happen every day, and that guy is your co-worker.

Voscabulary

the lord chief constable knows I'm owen
Forum Clout
Erik was paid to be a fat joke, and that's why you love him. Travis/Sam and I were the actual staff. Erik was eating sandwiches with Roland while looking at Mr. Skin. You and I have different Erock experiences. You listened to his ineptitude. I experienced him every last work day for over 8 years. Don't act like I'm the only guy who thought Erik was useless. If I thought Erik had value I'd just say so, and be able to point to things he did. He showed up late everyday. Never had any prep. Didn't make any production. Didn't screen calls. Hung out in the office with Roland & Kenny the entire show. Now watch that happen every day, and that guy is your co-worker.
this is precisely what I mean, mate. I never once said I liked erock on the show or that his contributions were absolutely integral to the quality of it. I mentioned a bit I enjoyed that he was indirectly involved in, and you proceeded to write multiple paragraphs over your disdain towards his work ethic. you have a lot of unnecessary resentment for a bloke you worked with a long time ago, to the extent that you can't contain yourself from shitting all over him the second someone even passively implies they enjoyed summat revolved round him. that's an extremely unhealthy reaction, bruv

Harry Powell

Bruce is more helpful to Defendants than Plaintiff
Forum Clout
Why do you act like I'm not allowed to read up on and be part of whatever community is there? If this is a private forum, somebody tell the admin, anyone can join and post.

Actually, I do have half a book written. All by myself too! Didn't even need a ghostwriter to rehash all the things I've said before 100 times. I understand the canon here. I'm some broke barboy, I get it. But no matter how many times you tell yourself that, it doesn't make it true. I'm probably doing better than the rest of the lot. Travis is STILL board op'ing, but now for Sam. Hasn't progressed forward in his career in 15 years. Sam, while co-hosting, is still just a voice seldom heard, on an obscure satellite radio channel. Isn't Erock working for Anthony now? What a success... My apartment from what I can see, is a hell of a lot nicer than his. Nice window unit, dick. The Opster wakes up at the asscrack of dawn to livestream to dozens of people and beg for "stars" and superchats. Everybody is monetizing. Opie with his streams, Anthony with his network, didn't Jim rob a bunch of you for some shitty cartoon? I've tried in the past and I will again. But don't act like you wouldn't have an OnlyFans if you had a pretty pussy.

Hmm. The Jewster does have us on this one.

lowend73

Forum Clout
Yeah but not everyone who lived an interesting life could tell a story and be entertaining. Opie knew this better than anyone as when a guest or caller was tanking he would just destroy the segment or hang up on them. There were times where someone would tell a story and it would go nowhere and O&A would gently let them off the hook. But other times they would viciously attack them like hyenas.

Lazlow was one of those friends of the show that Opie couldn't bring himself to shit on for being a boring douche. But someone like Shawna Lenee or Kristen Bell or whatever you could just destroy the segment for the good of the audience.

The whole Jimmy Snuka murdering his girlfriend was a prime example of this. Sometimes they would have WWE guys on and they could hang with the show or just act like maniacs like Iron Sheik and it made for good radio. But Snuka was boring and had nothing to offer. So Opie decided to get him to tell the 'dead girlfriend' story, knowing that he would ask the question at the end, "what is she up to now?" knowing that she was dead just to force some extreme awkwardness on the air.

No other show had ever done that to Snuka or did since. And it was so ridiculous that it caught Snuka off guard enough to answer the question in way that the police reopened the investigation. It was the first time someone actually pressed him on that story and of course he wasn't really prepared to answer and got himself into huge trouble. And it all stemmed from Opie knowing that the segment was boring and wanting to just take it into the 'cringe' direction. Unfortunately he never did that with Lazlow as it would meant losing their voice acting gigs. So the audience had to suffer under Lazlow's awful personality and voice and bombing jokes.
She fell in a creek, at least according to the Samoan

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
Sure, but that doesn't equate to "Erik was great on the show".
The Erocks heroes list bit someone posted yesterday gave me more laughs than Danny ever did. And you produced as little content and prep as he did but were terrible on the air. Id rather listen to Sam than you

Last edited:

BenDovid

Forum Clout
you're right, danny. light banter on an online forum is grossly irrational behaviour, unlike having unbridled seethe for colleagues you haven't worked with in over a decade

At least I worked with them. You have unbridled seethe for people you discovered in YouTube clips, 5 years ago.

The Erocks heroes list bit someone posted yesterday gave me more laughs than Danny ever did. And you produced as little content and prep as he did but were terrible on the air. Id rather listen to Sam than you

Erik being smashed isn't Erik works good. You have no idea what content and prep I provided because you weren't there. Do you wake up on a Monday morning and tell all your friends what the coach SHOULDA done? I bet you do.