• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Dovid turning the screws

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
Barrage of random questions for @BenDovid . Answer with whatever length you want.

1.) When, in your opinion, did the boys just give up? Not in terms of them stopping show prep but obviously not giving a shit about the show. During your tenure? After you left? Who was the first to give up?

2.) What was the deal with the Opies wedding situation? Was he making a bigger deal out of you guys leaving than what was really said? Opie said he left the wedding, Ant says he left during the ceremony.

3.) Exactly how deep was Anthonys hatred for Opie? I hate working with this guy? I hate him personally? I should have the show? Keyword there: Did Ant ever suggest that he deserved the show or that Opie should be out?

4.) Who owns the rights to the Opie and Anthony archive? How much do you think it costs?

5.) Why in your opinion do you think Ant hired Erock as his new executive producer?

IWatchTV

Forum Clout
I’ve relistened to some Erock clips over the last few months and in one of the clips where Erock fights with everyone because he’s late for the 1000th time they discuss a promotion Erock should have gotten but didn’t (I guess Travis and/or Than got it instead) and they mention some incident that Steve or Erock couldn’t bring up regarding him not getting the promotion. Any idea what that incident is?

BenDovid

Forum Clout
1.) When, in your opinion, did the boys just give up? Not in terms of them stopping show prep but obviously not giving a shit about the show. During your tenure? After you left? Who was the first to give up?

I'd say it was the early days of Twitter and smartphones. It's not so much that Opie gave up first, it was just easier for him to fade into the background. He's not a prolific interviewer. He's not cranking out the one-liners. That's why he'd kill the flow all the time. He'd snap out of his Twitter k-hole, look at the phones, and go to one.

2.) What was the deal with the Opies wedding situation? Was he making a bigger deal out of you guys leaving than what was really said? Opie said he left the wedding, Ant says he left during the ceremony.

We were told that nobody did seating arrangements until the last minute so none of the "team" were sitting together. I call bullshit there and was just a way for Opie to flex and separate us. Anyway, that was part of the reason we all wanted to leave. We all stayed through the ceremony, and attended the majority of the reception. We all decided once coffee was served, it wouldn't be rude to get going. If we were all together we probably would have stayed longer, but Anthony wanted to get back to gambling, and it was an hour away, and we were all in one car. Anthony, Keith, his wife, me, my chick. Plus it was the Borgata's car which was Anthony. Bossman wants to leave, we're leaving.

3.) Exactly how deep was Anthonys hatred for Opie? I hate working with this guy? I hate him personally? I should have the show? Keyword there: Did Ant ever suggest that he deserved the show or that Opie should be out?

The hate was there for sure. It was for sure the first two. Anytime Opie was out, there would always be discussion later on that day about how nice it was and time just flew by. There were personal things as well. They had a major beef over FH Rileys. Something like, Anthony went there and it took like 40 mins for them to seat him and then Opie texts him saying some shit like he didn't leave a good enough tip. It was a whole fucking thing. I don't think he ever mentioned squeezing Opie out, but you can tell by the beginnings of his basement setup that he was interested in doing things Opie-free.

4.) Who owns the rights to the Opie and Anthony archive? How much do you think it costs?

This is an interesting one. I don't know for sure but it's possible that they negotiated the rights to the shows in their contracts to be owned by their joint LLC. If not, it would have to be Sirius. Whoever owns it doesn't seem to give much of a fuck as it's all over YouTube for a decade and a half.

5.) Why in your opinion do you think Ant hired Erock as his new executive producer?

100% to piss off Opie. I never experienced Erik in any way that made me say... Wow, this guy is a fucking PRO. No wonder O&A scooped him up! At XM he was just as green with the equipment and processes as us interns were. It was the fat leading the blind. He was late all the time and never really contributed creatively unless it was some fanboy shit like Scott & Todd or other insider radio shit. Anytime you asked him what he was doing it would be "working on the archive.." whatever that meant. Early on XM it was "the charity auction". Sometimes it was "worst-of". I've built plenty of worst-of shows. It takes about 15 mins. I can't imagine that hire was anything else but to get under Opie's skin.
I’ve relistened to some Erock clips over the last few months and in one of the clips where Erock fights with everyone because he’s late for the 1000th time they discuss a promotion Erock should have gotten but didn’t (I guess Travis and/or Than got it instead) and they mention some incident that Steve or Erock couldn’t bring up regarding him not getting the promotion. Any idea what that incident is?

So, at XM Erik was a Producer. Steve was a Producer. Ben was Executive Producer. Ben got fired/left and Steve became Executive Producer. Erik was fucking up so hard, they demoted him to Associate Producer and promoted me to Producer. The clip you're talking about is when they promoted Than to Senior Producer. So that now made the chain of command: Steve, Than, Danny..Erik. I forget Travis' official position at the time, probably Producer and Sam was Associate. So basically he got demoted down to new hire Sam level, while I took his spot and Than established a middle ground between Steve and the rest of us. As far as whatever it was specifically they are talking about, either I never knew or forgot. Eventually I became Senior Producer and Erik was bumped back up to Producer. I don't recall anytime where Erik and I both shared Senior Producer titles. Don't forget, Erik was the in-studio board op on CBS at first, until he couldn't even do that and I was called in to take over until CBS ended. Listen to how fucking angry Than is in that clip. The annoyance with Erik wasn't just me. You can hear Than's frustration with Steve too.

Last edited:
G

100% to piss off Opie. I never experienced Erik in any way that made me say... Wow, this guy is a fucking PRO. No wonder O&A scooped him up! At XM he was just as green with the equipment and processes as us interns were. It was the fat leading the blind. He was late all the time and never really contributed creatively unless it was some fanboy shit like Scott & Todd or other insider radio shit. Anytime you asked him what he was doing it would be "working on the archive.." whatever that meant. Early on XM it was "the charity auction". Sometimes it was "worst-of". I've built plenty of worst-of shows. It takes about 15 mins. I can't imagine that hire was anything else but to get under Opie's skin.

So, at XM Erik was a Producer. Steve was a Producer. Ben was Executive Producer. Ben got fired/left and Steve became Executive Producer. Erik was fucking up so hard, they demoted him to Associate Producer and promoted me to Producer. The clip you're talking about is when they promoted Than to Senior Producer. So that now made the chain of command: Steve, Than, Danny..Erik. I forget Travis' official position at the time, probably Producer and Sam was Associate. So basically he got demoted down to new hire Sam level, while I took his spot and Than established a middle ground between Steve and the rest of us. As far as whatever it was specifically they are talking about, either I never knew or forgot. Eventually I became Senior Producer and Erik was bumped back up to Producer. I don't recall anytime where Erik and I both shared Senior Producer titles. Don't forget, Erik was the in-studio board op on CBS at first, until he couldn't even do that and I was called in to take over until CBS ended. Listen to how fucking angry Than is in that clip. The annoyance with Erik wasn't just me. You can hear Than's frustration with Steve too.

That was so transparent of Nana...thanks for confirming. He is such a scorned ex-wife.

BenDovid

Forum Clout
Got any good East Side Dave stories?

Yeah, one time XM paid for his wedding instead of giving staff raises, only for his fat wife to cheat on him. Then, he became so indispensable as a Producer that neither Ron or Fez offered to subsidize the additional, minimal money he was looking for. I see he's doing great now though, he's got an air shift in Asbury Park somewhere, that's gotta pay like $12/hr at least, plus he hosts Yaddle Chaddle with Big Boy Made A Doody. They have multiple dozens of fans.

Legit though, I lost a lot of respect for R&F after Dave left over like 10 grand. He wasn't looking for much, and they could have easily split that bill.

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
So Sam was the giant piece of shit we all know he is, right? The only redeemable quality I can guess is his “work ethic”…but even then that just seems to be sucking the boss’ ass and producing Jocktober bits. (Jocktober is still funny by the way. I remember you saying you hated it or thought it was pointless, but at it’s worst it was boring. At it’s best it was hilarious.)

WhereWeAt

Forum Clout
Yeah, one time XM paid for his wedding instead of giving staff raises, only for his fat wife to cheat on him. Then, he became so indispensable as a Producer that neither Ron or Fez offered to subsidize the additional, minimal money he was looking for. I see he's doing great now though, he's got an air shift in Asbury Park somewhere, that's gotta pay like $12/hr at least, plus he hosts Yaddle Chaddle with Big Boy Made A Doody. They have multiple dozens of fans.

Legit though, I lost a lot of respect for R&F after Dave left over like 10 grand. He wasn't looking for much, and they could have easily split that bill.

Was it their money to spend? I thought the deal was to pay O&A for the channel, then in turn they would pay Ron and Fez, staff, etc.

Who actually controlled their salaries?

BenDovid

Forum Clout
So Sam was the giant piece of shit we all know he is, right? The only redeemable quality I can guess is his “work ethic”…but even then that just seems to be sucking the boss’ ass and producing Jocktober bits. (Jocktober is still funny by the way. I remember you saying you hated it or thought it was pointless, but at it’s worst it was boring. At it’s best it was hilarious.)

Jocktober was honestly the beginning of the end. What Jocktober meant was that O&A didn't have to do a thing besides play other peoples radio show as their show and Sam got to be the co-host half the show for an entire month. It's literally the laziest shit they ever did while thrusting Sam into spotlight. Jocktober meant a month of Sudoku puzzles for Opie. A whole month of Paltalk tits for Anthony. So much screen time for Jim. 300% more Sam. "eYYeyYYeyeheheheyYyeheheh, did you like Jocktober Jim? ehhehehhhyehehehyheh!!"
Was it their money to spend? I thought the deal was to pay O&A for the channel, then in turn they would pay Ron and Fez, staff, etc.

Who actually controlled their salaries?

No that was Stern's deal. If it's 2008 and I want a raise, I have to go to Don Wicky Wicklin. Same for all O&A staff / R&F staff.

IDidThisForYou

Posting in the bakowza
Forum Clout
The guys knew all about Louis, right? After his shit all came out, they acted shocked, but they had to have known. Think of all the stories Bobby and Patrice told, and we’re to believe they had no idea about Louis jerking it?

Also, speaking of ESD, what was the relationship like between OnA and staff and RnF and staff. Did anyone not like anyone else over there in particular or vice versa? Towards the end, it didn’t seem like Opie cared for Fez much, and awhile ago Ant hinted to ESD that Opie didn’t want RnF on the channel, but we all know how honest he is. Thoughts?

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
The guys knew all about Louis, right? After his shit all came out, they acted shocked, but they had to have known. Think of all the stories Bobby and Patrice told, and we’re to believe they had no idea about Louis jerking it?
Well, to be fair the only one who acted “shocked” about it was Norton. Bobby and Vos and them may have made the “Hey I didn’t know” defense but the way they defended him just screamed, Yeah, we knew, and we don’t think its a big issue. Mainly because it isn’t. Louis is just a fucking weirdo.