• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Dovid turning the screws

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Forum Clout
The show never noped out of taking advantage of the Sirius talent department. There were also plenty of times we got a guest after they were on Stern.
Why didn’t OnA get superstars like Stern did? The worst thing they did was give out serious interviews so I’m not complaining. There wasn’t some sort of gag order?

BenDovid

Forum Clout
Why didn’t OnA get superstars like Stern did? The worst thing they did was give out serious interviews so I’m not complaining. There wasn’t some sort of gag order?

Because O&A were nowhere close to the star power of Stern. Stern has had relationships with big name talent and PR people for 20 years prior. If you're Slash's manager and they say you wanna go on Stern? He's gonna say "Sure." Ask him if he wants to go on O&A and he's gonna say, "Who?". O&A never had the numbers they claimed to have. Every time Opie claimed to have "millions" of listeners I cringed.

FingerofGod

Forum Clout
Patrice & Bobby were my faves as far as comics go. Paris Hilton was an arid cunt. We could have had a great relationship with Mike Rowe, but Opie decided to go to a call with Victoria Gotti for an hour. I sent a bottle of nice scotch to his hotel as an apology but we never heard from him again.

Travis was my boy. For a long ass time. I lied to HR for him. Opie was a fucking chore to work for. Ever read the Preacher series? Where the Almighty was just a drooling retard? Greggshells was a real thing, and you always had to laugh at his jokes and make eye contact or else you'd get a shitty text later. I remember once during the Homeless Mustard saga, I had to field a passive aggressive text about how he knew I "don't like mustard, but other people do" and I had to explain to him that I was a Senior Producer of his radio show and that my job is to like or not like things for the air. Either him or Kenny. Kenny may come off charming on the air, but what a fucking asshole.
Sounds like the Opester just wanted to cultivate an environment of Christlike positivity and mirth which naturally your people can’t stand.

Gay Faggot.

When the frying pan hits just right.
Forum Clout
Because O&A were nowhere close to the star power of Stern. Stern has had relationships with big name talent and PR people for 20 years prior. If you're Slash's manager and they say you wanna go on Stern? He's gonna say "Sure." Ask him if he wants to go on O&A and he's gonna say, "Who?". O&A never had the numbers they claimed to have. Every time Opie claimed to have "millions" of listeners I cringed.
A Jew being honest about puttin up da numbahs? Nah, I’m sure you’re 1million of the 6 million “listeners”, faggot.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
I don’t really see the problem with this to be honest witcha.
Because O&A were nowhere close to the star power of Stern.
This is correct.
Stern has had relationships with big name talent and PR people for 20 years prior.
This is correct.
If you're Slash's manager and they say you wanna go on Stern? He's gonna say "Sure." Ask him if he wants to go on O&A and he's gonna say, "Who?".
This is the key to the entire thing. No one knew who O&A was. People knew who Stern was and even if they went “the shock jock dildo guy?” the PR people could explain that “he changed”.
O&A never had the numbers they claimed to have. Every time Opie claimed to have "millions" of listeners I cringed.
Disagree but only technically. They didn’t have millions of listeners on Satellite, maybe even Terrestrial. But the combined fans of O&A was definitely breaking AT LEAST a million, it not shy of it.

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
Of Sat & Terrestrial? One half is charging Book Radio prices for spots, and the other half was getting beat by spanish stations in their home market.

Where's the million.
It would help if I had some numbers, obviously. Give me an estimate or the real numbers on how many people listened to terrestrial AND Satellite and I could probably fill in the blanks / do the math.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
A Jew being honest about puttin up da numbahs? Nah, I’m sure you’re 1million of the 6 million “listeners”, faggot.
A bitter angry bartending suicidal loser jew revealing hardcore insider information like no matter what market O&A were in they always had a constant 'six million' listeners. "They only had 10K listeners at most". Yet XM and Sirius paid them like they had millions right up until their final contract and paid for O&J like it would be just as popular. Put your feet up on another desk. Or better yet wipe the bar down, you tool.
Disagree but only technically. They didn’t have millions of listeners on Satellite, maybe even Terrestrial. But the combined fans of O&A was definitely breaking AT LEAST a million, it not shy of it.
They did have millions of listeners when Anthony was fired. Same with Stern during his first Sirius contract at least (now he has to be under 500K per week). Despite both of them having millions of listeners their only sponsors on both shows were like penis creams, cheat-on-your-wife dating websites, cash for gold, and other crap. Rush Limbaugh had the exact same problem. Huge amount of listeners but could not attract any sponsors outside of 'invest in silver coins' scams. Radio was always a wasteland of mass produced commercials.

Sports talk and programs have the same exact issue now. They get millions of viewers each week. Stuff like NFL talk shows or podcasts or F1 or soccer can do insane numbers. Yet the only sponsors are betting websites. The people who manage these talk shows still prefer to run them into the ground. You look at the advertisements in the UFC octagon for example and they are the worst companies. Stuff like crypto scams, off brand alcohol, dude wipes for wiping your ass, and other trash and UFC is a massive multi-billion dollar company.

BenDovid

Forum Clout
You can probably find some old ratings books online, or at least being discussed.

"O&A doubled Roth's ratings with their target demographic of 18 to 34-year-olds. But the improvement merely amounted to an increase of 2% to about 4% of the audience-- a third of Stern's old numbers in New York City.[19] Following the Summer 07 Arbitron ratings, O&A's 18- to 34-year-olds ratings slipped, while their morning drive rating in NYC of 2.1 left them only ahead of sports based WFAN network in the morning.[20] In the spring 2008 under the new Portable people meter ratings system, Opie and Anthony again failed to crack the top ten in morning drive, and their flagship station WXRK ranked 20th out of 24 stations in overall ratings and out of the top ten in the coveted 25–54 demographic."

Based on this, the 2.1 they were getting in NYC in the 18-34 demo means that 2.1% of the surveyed population was listening. Basically 2% of men 18-34 were listening. Say 23% of the NYC tri state area is aged 18-34. Now cut that in half for men. 8,000,000 estimated in the tri state area. 11.5% of that would be men aged 18-34. 920,000. 2.1% of that would be 19,320. So, figure double that for total unique quarter-hour listeners. 40,000 in the biggest market in the country. Now double that for XM. 80K daily listeners between NYC metro and all of Satellite. You're telling be the remaining sister stations make up 900K people? Come on. Let's say there are first half and last half listeners. We can double these numbers and get 160K uniques daily. But now you lose all of your terrestrial stations for poor performance. No body was listening for free, but millions are paying for it?
They did have millions of listeners when Anthony was fired.
Is there a way to just give this part ribs?

Last edited:

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
"O&A doubled Roth's ratings with their target demographic of 18 to 34-year-olds. But the improvement merely amounted to an increase of 2% to about 4% of the audience-- a third of Stern's old numbers in New York City.[19] Following the Summer 07 Arbitron ratings, O&A's 18- to 34-year-olds ratings slipped, while their morning drive rating in NYC of 2.1 left them only ahead of sports based WFAN network in the morning.[20] In the spring 2008 under the new Portable people meter ratings system, Opie and Anthony again failed to crack the top ten in morning drive, and their flagship station WXRK ranked 20th out of 24 stations in overall ratings and out of the top ten in the coveted 25–54 demographic."

Based on this, the 2.1 they were getting in NYC in the 18-34 demo means that 2.1% of the surveyed population was listening. Basically 2% of men 18-34 were listening. Say 23% of the NYC tri state area is aged 18-34. Now cut that in half for men. 8,000,000 estimated in the tri state area. 11.5% of that would be men aged 18-34. 920,000. 2.1% of that would be 19,320. So, figure double that for total unique quarter-hour listeners. 40,000 in the biggest market in the country. Now double that for XM. 80K daily listeners between NYC metro and all of Satellite. You're telling be the remaining sister stations make up 900K people? Come on. Let's say there are first half and last half listeners. We can double these numbers and get 160K uniques daily. But now you lose all of your terrestrial stations for poor performance. No body was listening for free, but millions are paying for it?
From 2006:

“Yesterday's release of the spring ratings book verified the triumphant return of the shock jocks to the airwaves with a 3.4 share of listeners 18 to 34 at WFNY (92.3 FM, Free FM) between the hours of 6 and 10 a.m. -- the same share they received while at WNEW (102.7 FM), before the "Sex in St. Patrick's Cathedral" stunt that led to the cancellation of their afternoon show in August, 2002 Among only men in that demographic, the duo pulled a whopping 4.8 share… Each share point represents a percentage of radios in use of the 15.3 million available listeners in the New York metro area.”

4.8% of 15 mil is 700k. And this only factors in the 18 to 34 demographic. And this doesn’t factor in XM subscribers.

Or I could be retarded.

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
40,000 in the biggest market in the country. Now double that for XM. 80K daily listeners between NYC metro and all of Satellite.
This just doesn’t seem right. You’re telling me random Opie and Anthony clips today can garner 100k views but at their peak they had 40k listeners on each market? Come on. This isn’t even considering the listeners they had in syndicated stations outside of New York either.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
This just doesn’t seem right. You’re telling me random Opie and Anthony clips today can garner 100k views but at their peak they had 40k listeners on each market? Come on. This isn’t even considering the listeners they had in syndicated stations outside of New York either.
The only 'ratings' that mattered were the ones shown to potential advertisers. That was it. Daniel 'bartender' Ross never saw those. But will pretend in this thread that he did.

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
BUT WAIT! THERES MORE!

Lets go back to our previous numbers and say I was being generous. O&A only had 500k listeners 18-34 on Terrestrial and Satellite combined in New York.

“In Philadelphia and Boston, the show attracted shares of 7.7% and 6.7% in the same demographic”

Philadelphia radio on average reaches 3 million adult listeners. If we’re generous this would make 100k listeners.

Boston radio on average reaches 3 million adult listeners. If we’re generous this would make 100k listeners.

So we’re talking at least 600-700k listeners for the 18-34 bracket. This obviously doesn’t include listeners over 34.

Please remember when Stern was at his peak he had 20 million listeners. If O&A had even 5% of the listeners Howie had, they would have had at least a million listeners.

BenDovid

Forum Clout
From 2006:

“Yesterday's release of the spring ratings book verified the triumphant return of the shock jocks to the airwaves with a 3.4 share of listeners 18 to 34 at WFNY (92.3 FM, Free FM) between the hours of 6 and 10 a.m. -- the same share they received while at WNEW (102.7 FM), before the "Sex in St. Patrick's Cathedral" stunt that led to the cancellation of their afternoon show in August, 2002 Among only men in that demographic, the duo pulled a whopping 4.8 share… Each share point represents a percentage of radios in use of the 15.3 million available listeners in the New York metro area.”

4.8% of 15 mil is 700k. And this only factors in the 18 to 34 demographic. And this doesn’t factor in XM subscribers.

Or I could be retarded.

Sounds like that was the first ratings book 2006, but yeah your math doesn't work. Your taking 4.8% of ALL listeners. Now, I dunno where he's coming up with 15 million there, but KROCK has like a 25 mile broadcast radius. Population and signal range aren't going to be the same.

This article states they got a 3.4 of men & women based on a population of 15 million which would give you 510,000 total men and women 18-34, during their return which had a marketing spend and TV spots. The ratings I posted were 2008, right before they got the ax. You don't have millions of listeners and lose all your markets at the same time. The argument was never O&A never had listeners, I'm saying after they lost FM they most certantly did not have millions of listeners, and we're talking 2009/2010. I can only imagine what 2013/2014 looked like.
The only 'ratings' that mattered were the ones shown to potential advertisers. That was it. Daniel 'bartender' Ross never saw those. But will pretend in this thread that he did.

Actually I did see numbers. Somebody left all the ad rates in the copier on 37. O&A and Book Radio were equal spot rates.

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
Sounds like that was the first ratings book 2006, but yeah your math doesn't work.
Sniff. If I didn’t get into this forum thing i could have been a fawwwkin math wizard. :brothaman_sm:
Your taking 4.8% of ALL listeners. Now, I dunno where he's coming up with 15 million there, but KROCK has like a 25 mile broadcast radius. Population and signal range aren't going to be the same.
You are correct with this.
This article states they got a 3.4 of men & women based on a population of 15 million which would give you 510,000 total men and women 18-34, during their return which had a marketing spend and TV spots. The ratings I posted were 2008, right before they got the ax. You don't have millions of listeners and lose all your markets at the same time.
I should clarify a couple things with my argument: I’m not saying O&A had millions of listeners by the time they were fired, nor am I saying they had millions of listeners period. I’m more so saying that at their peak, they had close to, if not on the dot, at least a million listeners. I go back to my Stern numbers comparison. If Stern at his peak had 20 million listeners O&A would have to have 4% of Sterns numbers to come close to 1 million.

WhereWeAt

Forum Clout
Sounds like that was the first ratings book 2006, but yeah your math doesn't work. Your taking 4.8% of ALL listeners. Now, I dunno where he's coming up with 15 million there, but KROCK has like a 25 mile broadcast radius. Population and signal range aren't going to be the same.

This article states they got a 3.4 of men & women based on a population of 15 million which would give you 510,000 total men and women 18-34, during their return which had a marketing spend and TV spots. The ratings I posted were 2008, right before they got the ax. You don't have millions of listeners and lose all your markets at the same time. The argument was never O&A never had listeners, I'm saying after they lost FM they most certantly did not have millions of listeners, and we're talking 2009/2010. I can only imagine what 2013/2014 looked like.

O&A had very strong ratings when they first got to K-ROCK, then the audience found out the show was Twitchels and Big A reading the news, rock scream Tuesday, and lots of gay chicken-type shit, so they dropped precipitously the next book. The John Mainelli call in after he sent that devastating e-mail to the b-b-b-boys jives with this claim.

Let's agree that at its peak in 2006, the show had over a million listeners between WXRK, WYSP, WBCN, and WJFK where the afternoon show was established leading up to 2002, plus the XM listeners. They absolutely squandered it with lazy, awful bits. But the numbers were there for a brief shining moment.

BenDovid

Forum Clout
Sniff. If I didn’t get into this forum thing i could have been a fawwwkin math wizard. :brothaman_sm:

You are correct with this.

I should clarify a couple things with my argument: I’m not saying O&A had millions of listeners by the time they were fired, nor am I saying they had millions of listeners period. I’m more so saying that at their peak, they had close to, if not on the dot, at least a million listeners. I go back to my Stern numbers comparison. If Stern at his peak had 20 million listeners O&A would have to have 4% of Sterns numbers to come close to 1 million.
O&A had very strong ratings when they first got to K-ROCK, then the audience found out the show was Twitchels and Big A reading the news, senseless themed days, and lots of gay chicken-type shit, so they dropped precipitously the next book. Let's agree that at its peak in 2006, the show had a million listeners between NY, Philly, Boston, and DC where the afternoon show was established leading up to 2002, plus the XM listeners.

They absolutely squandered it with lazy, awful bits. But the numbers were there for a brief shining moment.

Peak O&A, I can agree they had an audience. By spring 2008 it was gone or almost gone.