• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Beastie Boys > Wu-Tang Clan… I’m sorry that you’re so stupid and can’t grasp this.

quark

Theurgist
Forum Clout
!!! Indignant backpacker incoming !!!

Wu Tang is an anomaly in that it is more of a brand now. My ex had a wu shirt and she didn't even listen to them. She just liked the style. They are probably selling shirts and shit in target now, idk. The members themselves are wholly unique and didn't ride any trend waves coming up. They started a lot of them. A bunch of dudes who all rap different, some of whom are really skilled, teaming up under the production of RZA. Several members made classic albums, some as late as the late 2000s. A bunch of scary nappy dudes rapping esoteric shit over cinematic beats just does it for me.

Idk cochise, I'm gonna have to disagree with ya on this one

Last edited:
G

Love the BB's and as a Manhattan kid it hurts to say this but they have nothing that compared to 36 Chambers or Only Built 4 Cuban Linx or Supreme Clientele or Liquid Swords. Just going by Wu-Tang as a group though I'd take the BB's overall but 36 Chambers is upper echelon hip hop all the same.
It's difficult to explain to someone who wasn't around at the time how new and original 36 Chambers was when it came out. There was literally nothing like it

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Forum Clout

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Forum Clout
!!! Indignant backpacker incoming !!!

Wu Tang is an anomaly in that it is more of a brand now. My ex had a wu shirt and she didn't even listen to them. She just liked the style. They are probably selling shirts and shit in target now, idk. The members themselves are wholly unique and didn't ride any trend waves coming up. They started a lot of them. A bunch of dudes who all rap different, some of whom are really skilled, teaming up under the production of RZA. Several members made classic albums, some as late as the late 2000s. A bunch of scary nappy dudes rapping esoteric shit over cinematic beats just does it for me.

Idk cochise, I'm gonna have to disagree with ya on this one
Yes, GZA has been working on an album about Space since I was in HS. Both the Liquid Swords album rule though. Paper Plates (different album) is the best 50 diss besides Checkmate.

quark

Theurgist
Forum Clout
Yes, GZA has been working on an album about Space since I was in HS. Both the Liquid Swords album rule though. Paper Plates (different album) is the best 50 diss besides Checkmate.
yeah legend of the liquid swords doesn't really get mentioned a lot but I used to play it all the time in my car. I bought that album with paper plate for like 8 bucks at best buy. you telling me you didn't like cuban linx 2? i feel like that's the hardest rap album i have heard since it came out in 09