• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Anniversary ideas

johnnynoname

I have a face like a shovel
Forum Clout
So George RR Martin writes 5 books of a planned 7 book series, gets HBO money after the 5th book and proceeds to eat himself silly instead of writing the 6th one. This has been going on since 2011.

When it's basically an adaptation of the 5 books, it's pretty good. Lot of characters to follow which can get confusing, but very Shakespearian type drama with a couple real solid HOLY SHIT moments.

Then the show gets to the point where there's no more books and they have to start coming up with shit on their own, and everything falls apart. They give characters you've grown to love shitty deaths, they start sexualizing the little girl, and then in the last episode (spoiler alert) one of the main characters decides to just go full psycho for no reason and slaughters hundreds of thousands of innocent people. Then the worst character in the entire show becomes King because a midget gives a retarded speech that's basically "he's the last option anyone would choose to be king therefore he should be king".
nerd

Toast

Forum Clout
Las Vegas - go if you like to spend money and have the money to spend.

Mackinac Island - Stay at the Grand Hotel and enjoy biking or riding a carriage around the island with no motor vehicles.

If you live near Wisconsin - Go to Kohler Wisconsin and stay at The American Club resort hotel.

All the coasts suck, gotta stick to the inner America.

G

Las Vegas - go if you like to spend money and have the money to spend.

Mackinac Island - Stay at the Grand Hotel and enjoy biking or riding a carriage around the island with no motor vehicles.

If you live near Wisconsin - Go to Kohler Wisconsin and stay at The American Club resort hotel.

All the coasts suck, gotta stick to the inner America.
E04EF71C-D577-4F04-95C7-80EE5FB143D2.png

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
My wife had been before and I was skeptical. Had "Hostel" in the back of my mind. Thought it would be some ex commie shithole. Couldn't have been more wrong. Anyway, have fun wherever you end up, brotherman
I've never been but from pictures Bratislava looks beautiful. Funny since I only knew of it from euro trip where it's shown as a bombed out shit hole. I'd like to visit Istanbul. I had a Turkish classmate in college who always said how nice Turkey is

G

Key West is pretty decent if you want to stay in the states.
Looking something fancy, not sure this is it. I wouldn’t mind going there someday but not for this occasion.

Also, don’t need to stay in the states at all. Just can’t go somewhere that’s going to take 18+ hours of travel to get to from DC. We only have a week so don’t want to lose half of it to travel and jet lag.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Forum Clout
Going to Belize for our belated honeymoon in May. Going to stay in the Keys first (Caye Caulker fishing for me and snorkeling for her) and then the Jungle (San Ignacio cave exploring and Mayan ruins in Tikal) Doesn’t answer your question as I’ve never been but we are pretty excited.
I'm doing a belated honeymoon around that time, as well, brothaman. Going to the Balearics. If any funsters have been -- how is it? It'll be my first time

G

Get an airbnb in Vermont or somethin.
But whattu I know?
What’s a good place to go in Vermont? I’ve never really been in New England before other than Boston for like a day and a half.

G

Somewhere near Burlington, like this one:

[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/776063444477904493?check_in=2023-04-07&check_out=2023-04-09&guests=1&adults=2&s=67&unique_share_id=ef55efee-dfe7-4136-866c-a9cbb98b3724[/URL]

Burlington is on Lake Champlain so you get fantastic views of the NY and Quebec mountains, hiking is great, lots of great shops, restaurants, bars. It's a college town.

I took my ex to a place about 45 mins outside of Burlington last year, it was a barn renovated into a sick loft unit with more square footage than we could cover. But I dunno where you live. It'd be a pain to get to unless you're already in the New England area.

Also, Newport, RI is sick for an anniversary. Take her to the Rockafeller mansions. (Actually they were their "summer homes.")

Edit: yeah, take her to a Gatsby cocktail party at one of these places.
[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.newportmansions.org/[/URL]

The Vermont place looks nice but thats not nearly fancy enough for what I'm looking at for this particular trip. I'll put it on the list for the future though. Same with RI.

And I live in DC.

G

Well yeah I didn't mean book THAT room, I was just giving you the area.

Also, I dunno what your timetable is, but the Tall Ships will be in Newport before they get to Boston in July.

If this were two months ago, I'd lean toward a luxury ski lodge in Vermont. Ain't nothin like making love on a bear skin rug in front of a fireplace.
But if we're shooting for Spring, Newport is where I'd go. But I'd stock up on any Vineyard Vines swag you can find in pink while you still can.
Yeah good points I should have mentioned it before but it will be around the end of summer. Looking at maybe $10-15k for the whole deal.