• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

You guys ever consider quitting drinking?

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Forum Clout
I used to have a great tolerance, but now in my late twenties the hangovers and just general feeling of shittiness are making me consider just quitting or at moderating what I drink from now on. Past 3 weekends I've gone out I've woken up feeling sick as shit the next day and I've had nights where I've drank a lot more and felt fine the next day than I have these past few weekends. Maybe my tolerance has just gone to shit or whatever, but the older I get i just don't want to deal with fucking awful hangovers.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Forum Clout
Something I've found when I was a little younger than you and living amongst degenerates who drink themselves to death on cheap booze, is that you'll do yourself a favor by sticking to pricier beer and top shelf booze. The most expensive stuff tastes so much better, and if you feel it in the wallet, you won't want to get wasted.

Being a classy drinker is so much more fulfilling. Get a leather chair and fez and live it up.

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
With lockdowns I stopped pretty much. I have had 3 days of drinking since July. Next time is over Christmas. It's hard being social sober though so I just avoid people. Seeing how much fitter I am has also made me not want to get back on it at all. I'm easily the best shape of my life and stronger and have more stamina.

I'm due to go on a beach holiday in April so will try my best to stay in this shape but quitting drinking for good? No. It's too fun.

G

As the saying goes you can't trust a man who can't trust himself with having a drink or two. Drinking too much leads to Nana/Fat Tomlinson level problems with physical and mental health. I find part of the fun is in the self-discipline of it. I despise drunks but despise teetotallers almost as much. I'm sure there are some people who have a genuine allergic reaction to booze but so many so-called "alcoholics" (I'm thinking of a few I know personally) are just weak, self-indulgent cunts. I can take or leave the stuff. I love a nice bourbon on the rocks but not enough to lose my shit over.

G

I will take breaks here and there. I'm healthier and more productive when I don't and keep it to once a week maximum now, usually less. I'll try drinking aton of water and eating throughout the night when I do drink alot. If I drink too much it will slow me down for days. Huge puss. Plus, I get a little off the walls and start saying weeeirrdd shit to people, dude.

Sputnik

Females arent funny
Forum Clout
booze is one of the more destructive drugs that is socially acceptable. I’ve had my struggles but I just crossed 30 days recently. My drinking was brutal for the last few years. Traveling for work and being alone led me to some destructive daily habits, 6 packs and fifths. Top or bottom shelf. Didn’t matter it was tax payer money! (Per diem not gibs) Recent events made me realize it was passed time to quit and I’m typing this from an AA meeting. I’m just guy with a drinking problem though, you sound like a pussy with a weak tolerance.

also just smoke weed.

G

booze is one of the more destructive drugs that is socially acceptable. I’ve had my struggles but I just crossed 30 days recently. My drinking was brutal for the last few years. Traveling for work and being alone led me to some destructive daily habits, 6 packs and fifths. Top or bottom shelf. Didn’t matter it was tax payer money! (Per diem not gibs) Recent events made me realize it was passed time to quit and I’m typing this from an AA meeting. I’m just guy with a drinking problem though, you sound like a pussy with a weak tolerance.

also just smoke weed.
Weed is for niggers

G

Starting last year I was drinking almost every night. Same routine...Start at 9:15pm and have a Jameson(2 shots) with water on the rocks every 45mins. Usually 3 drinks per night.

The last month and a half I've cut back big time. I'm now down to every Saturday.

Only about 2 hours to go until my first drink of the week! Yay!

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Forum Clout

also just smoke weed.
Nice addiction, stupid

G

I've tried pretty much every drug on the planet and if there's one that I could go back in time and erase from my life to the point of having never touched it, it's alcohol. I've been clean for quite some time and replaced my drinking with productive hobbies. People with addictive personalities are always going to be drawn towards something and must choose between booze/other drugs or something productive such as programming and exercise and eating healthy. There's pretty much no middle ground.

TomFromNawlins

Forum Clout
I used to have a great tolerance, but now in my late twenties the hangovers and just general feeling of shittiness are making me consider just quitting or at moderating what I drink from now on. Past 3 weekends I've gone out I've woken up feeling sick as shit the next day and I've had nights where I've drank a lot more and felt fine the next day than I have these past few weekends. Maybe my tolerance has just gone to shit or whatever, but the older I get i just don't want to deal with fucking awful hangovers.
Early 20s I went out 3-4 nights a week with a big group and dealt with those hangovers. Mid to late 20s I started going out once or twice a week with a smaller group to all the hipster-type places before the hipsters found out about them. I started appreciating good whiskey, wine, and beer, and I didn’t really drink to get drunk.
Once I was married with kids I couldn’t go out as much and limited drinking to a little on weekends, if anything. Never felt the need to quit because I just cut back so much gradually over time.

analeggsalad

the Gentleman's sissy hypno
Forum Clout
I quit drinking after my friend almost killed me in a wreck that ended up killing someone else.

Fucking asshole has to suffer knowing he killed someone.
can you guys stop putting up shitty flower pot/wood cross memorials to drunk Puerto Ricans/spics who died in car accidents in otherwise normal suburban driving areas? I swear to god I'm about to just rip up the crosses and gaudy flower memorials if I see one fucking more. Get your act together and keep it in the cemetery like any other Western group you're imputing yourselves as being a part of

analeggsalad

the Gentleman's sissy hypno
Forum Clout
Whenever I drink I just feel sleepy. I never want to do anything when I'm drunk. There's really no point to it unless you want to sleep for 3 hours and then wake up randomly with a sore throat.
iu