• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAWD Wrestlemania 2023

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Boomers and GenXers are force fed Snoop Dogg and Shaq.

I can understand Shaq because he seems harmless -- I don't agree but I can understand -- but Snoop Dogg? The Miz called him a "rapper" last night and I said "yeah 20 years ago". I don't remember the last album the guy put out but I can tell you he sells Hot Pockets.
At this point i dont think snoop is even seen as rapper to younger people. I think his last hit was early 2000s and maybe being on a song - not the main guy. He’s just “snoop dogg” who pops up everywhere

Last edited:

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
The Ray Mysterio match had his son acting a bit like Eddie Guerrero. And yes the latinos ate all that shit up. Another example of non-Whites banding together while Whites just can't do it.
Part of that being a hit there because it was in California, wouldn’t get that other places.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Oh, I forgot one. They don't call the people attending the events "fans", no, they are referred to as "The WWE Universe"
I’m always surprised to see it be so big that it’s two nights and makes a ton of money. The RAW / Smackdown ratings aren’t what it used to be yet they seem to be making more money than ever.

HR@PaneraBread

Pretty soon we won't even need to come to work
Forum Clout
I’m always surprised to see it be so big that it’s two nights and makes a ton of money. The RAW / Smackdown ratings aren’t what it used to be yet they seem to be making more money than ever.
TV money is only going one way. Their next deal with Fox or whoever bids will probably be approaching a billion. Their last one was close to 500m for 4/5 years. Raw moved to 3 hours and they knew it'd smudge the TV rating by diminishing the average over 3 hours instead of 2 but the extra money they got just to do it was enough.

Edit - when AEW started they put NXT on Wednesday to take viewers away and had to back off, they cared about ratings then but in the wider context of ad dollars, it's not that significant. Advertisers look at wrestling as low brow entertainment so they aren't going to spend money selling the new lexus to people watching Smackdown

Queefer Sutherland

Fix me, Josh!
Forum Clout

The vast majority of it is from streaming and TV rights. The streaming gravy train is hitting serious problems right now. If Disney lost $5 billion on Disney+, how badly do you think Peacock is doing?

Last edited:

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
TV money is only going one way. Their next deal with Fox or whoever bids will probably be approaching a billion. Their last one was close to 500m for 4/5 years. Raw moved to 3 hours and they knew it'd smudge the TV rating by diminishing the average over 3 hours instead of 2 but the extra money they got just to do it was enough.
That fox deal made the stock go from like 40 bucks to 90 overnight. Now they’re with the UFC in a combined 20 billion plus company.

Queefer Sutherland

Fix me, Josh!
Forum Clout

Edit - when AEW started they put NXT on Wednesday to take viewers away and had to back off, they cared about ratings then but in the wider context of ad dollars, it's not that significant. Advertisers look at wrestling as low brow entertainment so they aren't going to spend money selling the new lexus to people watching Smackdown

Fox airs Smackdown. Raw and all WWE Network content are on Peacock.

Fox deal ends in 2024. Peacock ends in 2026. Endeavor is likely going to ask Fox for a massive price hike and they'll tell them to fuck off.

HR@PaneraBread

Pretty soon we won't even need to come to work
Forum Clout
That fox deal made the stock go from like 40 bucks to 90 overnight. Now they’re with the UFC in a combined 20 billion plus company.
From a business perspective it's a smart play for WME. They essentially took out a hefty loan to buy UFC and the interest on that requires a few massive buy rates per year when big drawing fighters are becoming more rarified. ESPN have definitely shouldered some of the load but buying WWE would offset it tremendously. They both have streams of revenue that the other would kill for. UFC does the PPV numbers, WWE has a massive edge in merch and TV

Queefer Sutherland

Fix me, Josh!
Forum Clout
Will the networks want to continue losing money to support the WWE? Strangest welfare case in entertainment history. Vince must supply them with pussy.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Will the networks want to continue losing money to support the WWE? Strangest welfare case in entertainment history. Vince must supply them with pussy.

Fox def overpaid for Smackdown, when they bought them they were trying to get as many live sporting - even sports entertainment - events since live sports are the only thing that still gets ratings compared to tv shows. I think Smackdown only gets like 2-2.5 million viewers on average.

Queefer Sutherland

Fix me, Josh!
Forum Clout
Fox def overpaid for Smackdown, when they bought them they were trying to get as many live sporting - even sports entertainment - events since live sports are the only thing that still gets ratings compared to tv shows. I think Smackdown only gets like 2-2.5 million viewers on average.

It's a sad state of affairs when their flagship product (Raw) gets lower ratings because it's on cable. Vince really fleeced these dumb networks.

EraGodless

Forum Clout
At this point i dont think snoop is even seen as rapper to younger people. I think his last hit was early 2000s and maybe being on a song - not the main guy. He’s just “snoop dogg” who pops up everywhere
And he no doubt pops up late. I saw that motherfucker in concert two times (girlfriend wanted to go- plus lived in an area where pretty much no one of consequence ever toured). Nigga was late by 3 hours the first time and around 4 the second time. The whole concert venue was one big fucking weed cloud and we were packed like sardines. It wouldn't have taken much for a Great White type accident or Travis Scott/Astroworld type shit to go down.

Nigga never even apologized. Supposedly his tour bus was stopped both times because of weed- whatever happened there?