• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAWD old movie effects that scared you as a child.

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
Forum Clout
It was on VHS.
And PBS, I think I still have my old tapes I recorded off the TV. They played Lion, Witch , Prince Caspian, and I think there was a third series that I don't recall. Maugrim and the sea monster from Prince Caspian freaked me the fuck out.

The water torture machine in Princess Bride, Gmork the wolf monster from Neverending Story, and the Mars atmosphere "HYAULGH" scenes from Total Recall. I haven't seen Princess Bride since, so I have no idea if it still holds up as horrifying.

DiarrheaDick

Get up here and shut up!
Forum Clout

I think I was 4 or 5 when I first saw Howard the Duck and I'm honestly not sure why my parents thought it was an appropriate film for me to watch. It was in regular rotation at my house and there some scenes, including this one, I'd sit out if it was dark outside.

Not sure why exactly, but whatever specific thing an audio engineer did with the dinosaur roaring literally gave me nightmares.

Stop motion in general is so much more creepy than CGI to me.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
I feel like they'd hold up better than the Disney ones, at least. It's funny you describe them that way, I got that too. There was a sense of unease that ran through all of them.
I got those same feelings looking at I Spy books as a kid. Just look at this shit.
1682908778992.png

eggfeller

Franklin Delano Child
Forum Clout
the Large Marge scene fucked me up too. saw Poltergeist when i was 6 & started crying in terror when the skeletons started coming out of the swimming pool. rewatched it recently & it was unbelievable how something so corny could have struck fear into my heart like that. i feel mildly validated knowing now that they were real skeletons though