WWAW with reading?

Rutherford_b_Blaze

Massachusetts State Senator
I've read like one book in 3 years. It's pretty pathetic. I used to read all the time.

I hear you on the internet thing. I rarely watch anything other than youtube videos of retards making food or a fat Hawaiian kid making sweet bows out of PVC and fiberglass rods in his backyard. Will I ever make a PVC bow? No, I won't.
I watched way too much TV as a kid and I never thought I'd be nostalgic for when I had the attention span to watch a half hour show. I had to have a TV on at all times as a kid but now I rarely turn it on. Still need background noise, though so it's usually Ron and Fez.

SquealersWheel

I was only jokin'
I should try out audiobooks. I'm pretty much always listening to old Ron and Fez obsessively.
You have to be in the mood or doing something not too distracting though. Even more than audiobooks, I like throwing on long talks or presentations on a bootleg YouTube app where you can hear the audio without watching it. I couldn't imagine sitting at a computer and just watching something like that for over an hour, but it helps getting through mundane chores and I actually learn shit sometimes.

Rutherford_b_Blaze

Yea, i just play video games (rare though) and read books. I most read these days. I've said before that the only shows I've watched in the last 2 decades are the office and GOT. I'm to the point as well where I can't stand movies or make time for them.
I've never played a video game in my life. My brother tried to get me into them but I told him I'm not getting into video games in my 30s. Used to watch him play Zelda when we were kids though.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

Abe "Penis Pete" Vigodavich
Yea, i just play video games (rare though) and read books. I most read these days. I've said before that the only shows I've watched in the last 2 decades are the office and GOT. I'm to the point as well where I can't stand movies or make time for them.
If I'm interested in a movie I usually end up just looking up the Wikipedia plot synopsis. I read the whole thing and I'm like "That sounds awesome. I don't have to watch it now though, I know what happens." I'm an idiot.

EraGodless

I have a really solid book collection that's collecting dust and I have a few books I just ordered off of Abebooks coming to add to the pile. Maybe I'll crack the book I got on The Westies by TJ English- I heard it's pretty damn good as there's not much stuff out there about those crazy mick fucks.

Screenshot_20230218_090538_Gallery.jpg

Uncle Floyd

"No. Nothing right now, Mr. Herman."
Re: the Kindle, I've started downloading epubs off torrents and reading them there. I'm usually in the middle of one on the Kindle and another in hard copy. I've stopped buying books because who knows if I'll ever even read them. I probably have close to a hundred I still need to get through that I paid for.

Borrowing library books on your Kindle is PFG, too. Only problem is if it's over 500 pages and you can't get through it in time. You have to renew it, but if someone else is waiting for that book, you have to give it up. And by the time it becomes available again, I don't care anymore.

Rutherford_b_Blaze

Re: the Kindle, I've started downloading epubs off torrents and reading them there. I'm usually in the middle of one on the Kindle and another in hard copy. I've stopped buying books because who knows if I'll ever even read them. I probably have close to a hundred I still need to get through that I paid for.

Borrowing library books on your Kindle is PFG, too. Only problem is if it's over 500 pages and you can't get through it in time. You have to renew it, but if someone else is waiting for that book, you have to give it up. And by the time it becomes available again, I don't care anymore.
I usually take physical copies out of the library because the kindle selection for my library is awful plus the other reasons you listed. I have to resist the urge to buy a bunch of books on Kindle because it's just too easy.